Ok, I know I have no reason to worry because she's with Tiny, but I'm concerned about why she isn't here yet. I have the many reasons and excuses zipping through my mind. This is my best friend and I'm still anxious because she took off a few days ago. "Where did she say she was? Is she okay? Is she coming? Did she take off again? What happened?" I ramble off, not allowing Justin time to answer.
He stands there, arms crossed and a very irritated look on his face. He unravels his arms, placing his hands on his hips. "Are you done?" he asks me and I nod in response. "She and Tiny will be here in half, Nick has to leave in ten, and she's on the way now."
"All I need to worry about is her getting here safe, right?" JC asks, fidgeting with his hands and looking around the room anxiously.
"She's with Tiny!" Justin and I yell at him.
"Derek should have stayed behind or Lonnie."
I hang my head and Justin growls in pure frustration toward JC. "I grew up for the past few years around her and she's going to get here safe."
"We should get back to rehearsal," Wade suggests.

We bust our tails for the next hour or so and turn to find our cell phones and wallets in our bags, needing some food in us to find her sitting on the sofa. I walk over, pick her up and hug her. I'm going to be forever grateful for her getting here safely. "Thanks, Tiny," I say, holding onto her and hugging her tightly.
"James, stop, you're hurting me."
"She has news for the 5 of you," Tiny informs me, her feet on the floor once again.
I see Jazz's hand slip into her bag and pull out three photos. I look at them and call the other guys over, showing them as well. "She gave away her tickets to four of our fans?" I ask, surprised.
"And those four people will be getting her 4 extra backstage passes when they show up early because she will be dressed incognito, checking tickets up until ten minutes before the show. I'll take over after that and she's going to watch it from backstage."
"Why did you do that?" Chris inquires.
"Otherwise it'd be wasted tickets, so I gave them away as long as they answered my questions right."
"What were the questions?" Justin questions her, borderline grilling her.
"They were my birthdate, astrology sign, who out of you five is my best friend, my first kiss, brother, my cuddle buddy and who I turn to for some laughs. I think you guys know all the answers," she tells us, challenging us to answer.

We huddle up a few feet away and start throwing out answers, making sure I pull my pocket notebook out of my pocket. I take the pen JC was holding out and write her birthdate, looking at JC in hopes that he knows what her sign is. "I don't know that."
Justin smiles. "Capricorn."
I write that down and forget the next question. "What was next?"
Joey smiles, cheesy at that. "Best friend and first kiss, just put your name twice."
"Brother, that's me," JC announces.
"Cuddle buddy is my job," Justin sheepishly confesses.
"Laughs? All of us," Chris blurts out.
We double and triple check our answers before leaving our huddle, walking back to have her check them out. She pulls out a green pen from her bag and marks the answers, a huge grin appearing on her face. "No questions about how well you guys know me," she says, handing it back to Chris.
We huddle around him. "What'd we win?" he childishly asks.
"Time with me, hugs and kisses on the cheek," she tells us.
"Awwww, man!"
"Maybe even back rubs after showers," she nearly whispers.
"Works for me," I comment.
"Sounds good," Justin replies.
"Great deal," Joey tells her.
"That'd be awesome," JC says, giving her a noogie and she playfully punches him in his side.
"Sure," Chris teases.
She gets out of JC's hold and slaps the back of his head, having to jump to do so. "What was that for?" he asks as she smooths her hair down, a smirk present on both of their faces.
"The headlock and noogie you just did to me."
"This is exactly why I gave our relationship a chance in the first place," Justin admits, smiling.
"What do you mean?" I question, seeking clarification.
"She doesn't take anyone's shit!" he reminds us, chortling after.
He snorts and she laughs, keeling over with laughter. Her hair is in her face and her hands are around her abdomen as she bends at her waist. "Oh, shit! Ow! Fuckin' hurts!" she whines between her belly laughs.
"Well, yeah, it hurts, Sam!" I say, cooly covering my gigantic smirk with my hand and placing my other arm under my elbow.
"You're laughing at her while she laughs her ass off at Justin's chortle, aren't you?" Joey whispers.
"Why not? It's pretty funny."
"No plotting against, ow, me," she says, slowly stopping her laughter. "I feel like I just did 45 crunches, a 15 minute wall sit, and ran 3 miles," she announces.
"You can do that too!" I bust her.
"Keep teasing, Bassy!" she challenges.
I shake my head and drop it, changing it to a serious matter. "We might need your help again for the VMAs."
She looks at the ceiling, groaning. "Is this going to happen every year? What did I do wrong?"
"I don't think it will be," Chris says, folding his arms over his chest and tugging at the hems of his t-shirt.
"Chris, relax. I'm here for you guys no matter what may come your way," she confirms, hugging us in a group hug.
"Just like we plan on doing for you," I say.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story