Author's Chapter Notes:
I know that I'm changing styles and forms, but I didn't want to torture my readers with another 30something chapters that are fillers and teasers. Instead I decided to turn them into two long chapters.
JC

I know I have been a bit hard on Jazz in the past couple years, but she needs stability and structure. I'm one to talk, but I wish she hadn't gone into the profession she has and she won't give it up until her foot is completely in the door as a writer, composer and producer. I love this girl in ways I didn't know could be done by a big brother and I suppose I'm just a teeny bit overprotective. I'll never tell her that sometimes I feel I'm being overbearing, overprotective and too worrisome when it comes to her. I'm on the phone with Tyler right now. "Come on, this is our baby sister!"
"You want me to follow her around the damn world to appease your concerns?"
"No! Just go on tour with her!"
"How?"
"Ask her."
"Fine, put her on," he groans at me.
"Oshannie, 'Ler wants to talk to you for a minute!" I call out, launching my cell phone clad hand into the air and she finishes her turn on whatever game her, Justin and Chris are competing on to snatch my phone.
"Hey, bro," she greets. "Might take a couple days to complete, but I'm sure it's cool. Yes, I'll talk to Christina and her team in the AM. They should. No. Yes. Hahaha! Definitely! I'd castrate him if he did. Oh, my gosh. Heather what? Over what? That takes talent! Yeah, sure. Just text me, I'll do my best and you can't be a diva about shit because it's not your tour. Yes, I promise. Ok, love ya. Give momma and papa my love. Bye!" She hands me back my phone, turning on her heel. "Talk to him."
"Hey, what was that over?" I ask, my eyebrows raised.
"I told her about what our other sister did in front of a guy she likes, asked what she would do if her most recent ex would show up, and being on the Psykoblast tour with her. Why do you want to know?" he asks, jumping down my throat.
"Just making sure we're on the same page."
"Hey, I have to go."
"Alright, later."

Lance

She realized I've been working out, now let's see what she's been telling Darren and Kit. I call Kitalyn first. "Hi, James."
She must be in creep mode. "Kit, have you heard anything from Sam?"
"She's out with Oshai."
"I know that, I mean otherwise."
"Nope."
"Thanks."
"Deuces."
"Bye."
I hang up with her and call my best friend. "Hey, man!" he greets joyously.
"I got an odd question," I tell him.
"What's that?"
"Have you heard anything from your little cousin today?"
"Isn't she out there with you guys?"
"Yeah, but she's with JC."
"Just the usual texts, nothin' outta the ordinary."
"Ok. How's everyone down there?"
"Good, alive and ready for y'all two to get home."
"I bet. How's your Neenee?"
"Keeping up with us all again. She's followin' your career and Sam's. She's extremely proud of y'all."
"I'll let everybody know later."
"When are ya comin' home to visit?" he asks.
"Be on the way in a couple nights, momma knows when and Stacy, too."
"See you soon! She comin' with?"
"Far as I know, yes."
"She said she's excited to be home. Something about having a house here."
"She got the place next to mine."
"You guys are neighbors?"
"Yeah, it's funny because it happened by accident."
"Oh! Tell me when you two are here!" I hear a girl call for him. "I have to go! Text me later!"
"Sure, bye," I say, chuckling.

I get a few errands done and meet Jazz & the guys at the soundstage for our voice overs. We're doing a Simpsons episode and the Latin Grammys before leaving California to do our own things. The next two days go by faster than I thought was possible and we have our plane tickets to our destinations to do what we need to. Jazz and I are waiting for our plane to land so we can board, homebound for the first time in a long time together. "James, I thought it'd be another year or two before this would happen."
It's early morning September 14, 2000 and I know she won't be home for more than 36 hours. Her flight to NYC is 4 1/2 hours from Jackson, her total travel time is near 8 1/2 hours and we get home about noonish and she leaves for the next tour date by ten in the morning. I just might go with her. "I know. I have a question."
"What's that?" she asks, her head resting on my arm and playing with my fingers.
"Could I tag along for part of this tour?"
"I suppose, lemme talk to Christina and see what happens."
She pulls out her cell and talks directly to Christina and her manager. She gets the ok for me to join her for a few dates and I can go with them from Camden to New Orleans (9/15-9/27/2000) before I fly out to Cali to reshoot parts of our video.

We touch down in Jackson and realize we had talked the whole flight, catching up as we exit the plane. "I didn't know that much had happened then. We hardly had time to say hi during that time."
"I know, James," she says, pushing down on my shoulder to make me bend down and places a kiss on my cheek. "Thanks for still being there."
"Any time, girl."
"Auntie Diane! Uncle Jim! Stace! 'Renny! Kit!" she yells, running into the cluster of our families and they all hug her.
I get close and she jerks me into the group hug by my shirt, keeping me closest to her. "James, Sam, we've missed you more than ever!" my mom says. She ends the hug and we head to luggage claim, surrounded by our families. "Why did Joshua call me to inform me of you drinking, young lady? And you, why didn't you pick up the phone and tell me, young man?" she sternly demands, keeping it between us.
I gulp and Jazz sighs. "I got stressed and anxious cuza Nickolas being there, Auntie. I went out with Justin and had fun. Speakina Joshua tattling, he tell you about a couple years back?"
"Which one?"
"When I first went out there, the first time ever and we went to a club?"
"No, he hasn't."
"Next time he wants to tattle on me, ask him about the first time I went with them to the club in Europe."

We head for my car, the one I bought to keep out here and get loaded up before speeding off for my place. "I've been worried about you, little bitty one," I tell her.
She quietly laughs for a second or two, running her fingers through my hair and stopping on the side of my face. "James, Oshai does that best. Inis dom cén fáth. Tá mé go léir cluasa, súile glas," she replies, her attention focused on me.
"You have been touring almost non-stop, even after what you saw it can cause. I collapsed because I was sick as a dog. You don't eat right. You don't sleep good, not since Miss Vikki passed. You are in pain and hide it from everyone, but I can recognize it. The worst part is because it's emotional. Girl, we can't lose you. You're so rundown and you don't give yourself time to recharge after each tour."
"I took four or five months off before Psykoblast. I'll take another one in a couple years, maybe after the tour for your next album. Might be a month or two."
"I hear you might be on tour with Aaron a couple months after ours ends," I blurt out, informing her that I know with out naming my source.
"It's in the talk stage, nothing is finalized. I promise it's at least 3 weeks after yours. Christina, the Boys, you guys, and a short break is all I have definitely planned."
"I heard something about maybe Aaliyah, Usher and TLC."
"I have no clue."
"Look, you need a big break after that."
"I have nothing planned after that, not until someone contacts me and gives me an offer."
"Good, that's two years out."
"Aaron's is only a month and a half long, just August and September before it's over."
"That's not too bad."
"Can we cut the tour talk till we go to Camden?"
"Sure, but it's going to happen and I know it'll hit you hard."

Her cell starts beeping, signaling texts coming in waves from everyone at once. She flies through the ones from our families about tonight, knowing her as well as I do, she sent out a mass text saying I leave with her tomorrow and when. "Our fam wants to go out to eat later on, around 3:30," she informs me.
I laugh and feel her eyes on me. "Tell em sure." She taps away on her cell, giving a quick giggle before clicking away on it again.

Jazzy

Everyone showed up and thank goodness Friendly's is practically deserted tonight. "It's great to see the babies in one place again," Neenee says, smiling at James and I.
I give her a half smile and nod, James doing the same. "I haven't seen these two back home at the same time in five years for more than a couple hours. I miss doing this."
"Soon enough, Miss Geraldine, we will be home for a break at the same time. We miss being here at times like this," James announces, standing.
"When?" Neenee demands.
"In the next two years, Neenee," I announce.

I talked with everyone about everything, highlighting the good parts and laughing. Right now we're all hugging each other as we get ready to depart, going to our homes and promising to stay in touch.

It's been two days since I joined Christina in Camden, James in tow and I'm writing a song for nobody in particular. I call it 'The Great Divide', knowing to answer creativity when it beckons me. I wonder which artist will end up taking it, recording it and make it sound great, smiling the whole time.

Lance

I thought it was crazy for my group on tour, but seeing what it's like for Sam explained so much more than I could even begin to question. "Is this constant?" I ask, watching the pre-show buzz backstage and wondering what everyone's jobs are.
"Pretty much. Hold the next thought," she tells me, bounding over to someone I barely recognize and she jumps onto his back.
"Doce menina! You scared me!" he shouts once she stands on her feet again, kissing and hugging her.
"I've missed you!" she loudly coos.
Who calls her that? I can't remember why he sounds so familiar, distant memories just beyond reach. I strut over and pull her away from his grasp, breaking the lip lock they're having. "Who do you think you are?! She's in a relationship!" I scream, shoving him blindly against the wall in my rage.
"James! It's Devvie! Let Harold go!"
"Devin?" I question, truly looking at the guy I have pinned to the wall. He has his hands in a surrendering position, being the pacifist he can be at times.
His eyes meet mine and he smiles. "Hi, James," he laughs.
"Since when?" I ask, releasing him.
"If you have returned my calls back in April, you would have known."
"No, not what I mean," I say, stepping back. "The way you look, since when?"
"July, right before the Foxboro incident."

Justin

I love them both and I've let them go off to do their own things. The only contact with either of them is when they contact me. Andi hasn't said much to me, her lips incessantly pressed against shitforbrain's and it's annoying. He's only going to destroy her inside and out again. It's October 21 and Jazz is in Honolulu, Christina's playing there tonight. Us? Oh, we're in Atlanta. Ten days till Halloween, might spend some of it with JazzBean and who knows what she's going to wear. "So, when is she coming?" I ask Lance, becoming giddy.
"I don't even know that."
"Come on," I whine.
"I'm serious!" he loudly tells me, annoyed.
"Justin, stop pestering Lance," JC cooly says, hat over his face because he's laying down.
"But I wanna know when she's coming!"
"You'll know when one of us finds out."
"Justin, stop whining," Chris demands. "You're annoying me and I'm the most annoying one out of us."

I know it's been close to a week, all any of us have heard from JazzBean is via text messages and it's only been very vague general updates. We arrive in Knoxville in a couple minutes and head straight for the hotel, we need some rest. "Come on, we have to get the bags and head for the hotel," Derek tells me, a devious smirk present.
"Yeah, yeah," I say, grabbing my on board bag and leaving the plane. We get our luggage and climb into the van, half asleep. We pull up to the van and Lonnie holds my arm to pull me back behind the other guys. "Dammit! I just want to climb into bed!" I complain, yanking my arm.
"Just roll with it."
"Let me go," I request, quietly admitting my defeat.
"Stay awake."
"I will."
I follow him through the lobby, into the elevator and up to my designated room. I drop my bag just inside the door and flick on the light to grab a hot shower. My jaw goes slack and I can't keep from staring at the scene in front of me-a specific girl in nothing but a tiny powder blue negligee and matching 3" heels who happens to be kneeling on my bed, facing me. "Hi."
"Um, uh, damn, girl." Nice greeting, asshole.
She fluidly steps off the bed, strutting over to me and sashaying her hips on the way. "Viens m'enculer, mon ami."
"If you say so," I tell her, wanting to slap myself.
She does that sexy giggle, pressing her body to mine and captures my lips with hers with her arms around my neck. We kiss and her lips don't leave mine, but her leg hitches around my waist (she's ridiculously flexible). She flexes her ankle and shuts the door, her fingers weaving through my out of control curls. I feel her sandwich me between the door and her body, one of her hands sliding down my body to my dick to seductively jerk me off. "So, you missed me, I see," she whispers sexily, our lips barely parting.
"Of course I missed you," I groan my response.
She kisses me with more want as I feel myself quickly hardening, causing me to guide her to the bed. I lay her on the bed and position myself between her legs, laying on top of her. She wraps her legs around my waist and essentially pins me there, not that I'd want to move anyway. I slide one of my hands to her center and slip two fingers inside, pushing her lacy panties aside. I move them in and out at a torturous pace, her body moving in sync with my fingers. I place my thumb on her clit and begin rubbing, I know what it'll get me in the end. She moans into my mouth, pulling her lips from mine and starting to arch her back. "I want this in me," she tells me, pulling her hand away.
"Oh, yeah?"
"Yeah," she moans, expressing what she wants and that I'm doing it right.
I pull my dick out and wrap it, teasing her by rubbing it on her thigh near her middle. "You sure?" I taunt.
I pull my fingers from her core, holding her panties to the side still. "Take it."
I slam into her in one fluid motion. "Feels so good," I tell her, kissing her lips and letting her voice her enjoyment. We occupy ourselves this way for somewhere near two hours, collapsing beside one another after reaching our peaks more than once. We tried like hell not to be too loud cuz JC's room is next to mine and he doesn't need to know. "Is this why you didn't tell anyone except for Derek and Lonnie?"
"Don't forget Tiny. It's exactly why. Our rooms are adjoining."
"How long are you staying with us?"
She moves her body to get comfortable, thinking. "January 12, so Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year's, and my birthday are with you guys."
"Nice."
"Justin?"
"Yeah?"
"I'm sorry."

JC
I woke Justin up and he's just now leaving his room, 45 minutes later. "What took you so long?"
He shrugs. "Stayed up for a couple hours talking to Lynni."
"On the phone?" he shrugs and someone jumps on my back, scaring the shit out of me. "Get off me!"
"Not a chance," a familiar female voice tells me.
"Oshannie?"
"No, Christina." Always sarcastic.
I unclasp her hands and put her on the floor, quickly spinning around to enclose her in a hug. "I wasn't sure if you were coming before the holidays!" I tell her.
"I already stopped in to see momma and papa, our brother and sister included."
"Was mom happy to see you?" I question, taking a step back after letting go.
"Like you wouldn't believe! Papa was more excited than her!" she loudly informs me, her face lighting up.
"We have to perform tonight."
"I know. Johnny gave me a final copy of your tour dates before I left last time."
"You sneak!"
Granted my mouth was slightly agape, but I never expected the comment she had in response to it. "Close it before you attract more hos like Snotty."
"Samantha Marilyn Chasez!" I scold her, folding my arms over my chest.
"What? It's the truth."
"Be nice to her tonight," I request, almost certain she won't be.
"Yeah, right, whatever. She pops off at the mouth, I'm gonna pop her in the face a few times," she scoffs, warning me immediately after.
"Can't you be nice for one fucking night?"
"Nope," she admits, making a popping sound on the last syllable.

We grab what we need for the day and head out to go through interviews, dress rehearsals, meet & greets and the performance today. "What's eating you, C?" Lonnie asks.
"Lynni refuses to be nice to my girlfriend," I growl.
"You're letting her get to you?"
"Come on! Last time they were face to face, she attacked Bobbi and left without a word."
"Even I could tell you Bobbi starts the fights and Lynni just wants to finish them," Derek informs me, making me realize the truth.

The information Lonnie, Derek and Tiny shoved down my throat during the rides from the hotel to the interviews and the venue made my mind reel and recall every fight Bobbi or myself have had with Jazz. They're right, Bobbi did start them all and my sister wanted to finish them. Stupidly, I defended the wrong one and the one I didn't defend hardly talks to me. She's probably right about Bobbi, too. I love Bobbi though and I can't betray either of them any longer. "How can I get her to give Bobbi a fair chance?" I ask. We had been using two vans-Lance, her, Justin in one and Joey, Chris and myself in the other. Lonnie, Derek and Tiny are in my van while the rest of our team and her personal security is with her.
Joey, Chris, Lonnie, Derek and Tiny burst into laughter. "Good joke, C!" Chris shouts, having caught his breath. "There's only one way to get her to tell you more, to truly open up to you," Chris informs me.
"Yeah? How do you figure I do that?"


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story