"No, she's in Orlando and is with some guy."
"Some guy? Does he look familiar? I swear, she is NEVER going to hear the end of it!" he threatens.
"Leave her be, give her time and when she's ready is when she'll tell us."
"Lance said she's been hanging out with one of the guys in LFO, she had invited him to Mississippi. Why would she do that?"
"Maybe they're dating or she wanted to talk to an old friend?" I ask, shrugging my shoulders as I put my purchases where they belong.
"She tells Justin and Lance close to everything."
'She tells me more than she does you and if you knew half of what I do, you'd kill me,' I think to myself. "I don't know what to tell you."
"I wish I had taken more time to know her better," he tells me.
"You didn't and now you wonder."
"She admitted to liking the green eyed member of LFO."
"That's the one who has sorta curly hair?" I ask, picturing the guy she was with.
"I think so. I do know for a fact that she's known that one since 94 or 95," he informs me.
"Can you think of any other things that can help us figure out who he is?"
"He has a last name that sounds like a South American country."
"Boliva?"
"No, it starts with an L."
"Lithuania?"
"That's in Africa!"
"I don't kn-"
"Lima! That's it!"
"Call Johnny, he can tell you more than I can, C."
"I will," he replies, sounding evil.

A couple hours later, once I had finally gotten settled in to play a game, of course my house phone had to shriek at me about a phone call. I wave my hand at it, dismissing that call and realize it's a bad idea as the caller screams in a familiar language that I can't decode, hanging up after telling me, "I'm calling your cell the moment I hang up." There's some major attitude and anger in her tone, she never growls at me.
Seconds after the message, my cell plays 'Chopsticks' and that confirms on who I thought had called my house. I pick up to avoid more calls, pissing her off further. "Hey," I greet her.
"Either you were too comfy to get off your ass to get the house phone or you just got in," she growls.
"Just got in," I lie.
"Why'd you tell Joshua?"
"He was worried."
"Ná tús."
I know that means 'don't start' and she says it when she knows we're bullshitting or doesn't want to hear lame excuses. "Fine. Why does it matter if I told him?"
"Cuz now he's coming to 'LANDO! I wanted to be away from him and Justin and all of you and the Boys and most of all, I wanted space from James! He pissed me off and I will bust his nose if he comes down here to 'check' on me!" she loudly informs me, the phone an arm's length away from my ear and I can still hear her as well as if she had been talking normally and it be pressed to my ear.
"Okay, I'm sorry! You know I can only deal with his worried pestering for so long before I snap."
She sighs, knowing it's the truth and apologizes. "Sorry for the threats on your answering machine and screaming at you, but nothing frustrates me more than Josh sticking his nose in more than I had requested."
"Why don't you want to see JC?"
"I just started dating someone and I know he's going to stick his nose in it far too soon, he did when it came to Nick."
"That's why you and Justin kept it to yourselves," I observe.
"To keep his nose out of it, yeah."
We talked for a short time after that, hanging up as the sun was setting and agreeing on staying in touch a bit better.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story