It's been near a month and a half since I've spoken to Jazz, I'm coming to see that I miss her being 'with' me. Now I understand what Justin means when he says he misses her, nothing feels the same and I feel bad for making her run. We've been on tour for half of the time, she hasn't gotten in touch with me and even though I've tried to contact her, she won't answer me. She was at the Biloxi show and avoided me as if I have the Bubonic Plague. She's even spoken to Pink, laughing and smiling with her and walking away when she spots me. I see Sisqó, another opener for us on this tour and someone else she's talked to besides me, and I call his name. He turns around and smiles, waving me over. "Hey, Lance. How's everything going for you?"
"Mostly good. Can I ask you a favor?"
"What's that, man?" he replies, turning to walk down the back hall in the arena.
"That girl that you talked to three weeks ago," I remind him.
"Which one? Fan or non-fan?"
"Jazzy, Oshannie, Lynni, her."
"What about her?"
"Do you know if she's going to the MTV Movie Awards?"
"She's going with AJ from the Backstreet Boys because he doesn't have a date and won't go stag," he informs me. "She is a beautiful girl, one of a kind."
"Thanks," I sigh with defeat. "I know she's beautiful, I grew up up with her."
I walk away and call AJ, I need more information than this. "Just can't let her be?"
"Is she really attending the Movie Awards with you?"
"No, but she is attending."
"Do you know if she's going with anyone?"
"I know she's planning on showing up on someone's arm, her boyfriend's I think she told me."
"She's with him again? I thought she said th-"
"If you mean Nick, it's not him. She hasn't even spoken to him outside of professional means. Why does it even matter?"
"I visited home six weeks ago and she took off, I haven't heard anything from her since." I sit down in the back corner of the toy room on a couch.
"Not even a text or email or a 'fuck you' voicemail?" he questions, thinking it odd.
"Not a single syllable or letter."
"Hunh, even when I piss her off royally, I get a voicemail saying 'asshole' at the very least."
"That's because it's you."
"What exactly did you say or do to get her more pissed off than I can accomplish?"
I twist the hem of my shirt around my finger, closing my eyes for a moment. "I asked if she was sleeping with a guy she was cuddling in on a new bed in my old room at my parents' place back home."
I hear him clap his hands. "Bravo! Never ask that question directly, ask if she's seeing him or something like that. Might I know said loser?"
"Devin Lima from LFO."
"The one that looks like a mix of you, Nick, JC and Justin?" My eyes pop open at this comment.
"He does not-"
"He does, you need to look at him objectively. He has green eyes like you, hair that's a mix of Justin and JC's, muscular like Nick and Justin, tall like all four of you, is in a, I can't believe I'm saying this- boyband and three of you have no clue who the fuck he is."

I call her phone, realizing AJ's completely right after talking for a few minutes longer. One ring, two rings, thr- "Hello?" a male voice greets me.
"Who are you? This is Jazzy's cell phone," I bark out.
"I'm Devin, her boyfriend."
I feel like an asshole, they're dating. "Is she available?"
"Baby, someone's on the phone for you," I hear him tell her, sounding muffled.
"Who is it?"
"Caller ID said James."
She groans and takes the phone. "What?!" she growls at me.
"I wanted to make sure you were okay," I tell her honestly, running a hand through my spiked hair and sigh. "You've been avoiding me for over a month now, acting like I'm disease infested or something."
"For good reason, too. Well, if you don't want your ass kicked, you'll back off."
She's still livid. "I'm worried about you."
"Leave that to Oshai."
"Are you seeing Devin?" I quietly ask.
"Yes, I am."
"Why were you spooning with him?"
"He'd asked me to be his girlfriend around sunrise the same day you came home."
"Have you done anything else?"
"Like have sex?" she quips.
"Yes," I sigh, knowing she might tell me to mind my own in her typical way.
"James, the only ones who need to know other than Devvie and I, they already know."
"I'm not privy to that information?" I ask, narrowing my eyes at a spot across the room as if she stood there.

June 3, 2000 6:15p

"Come on, JC!" Justin yells through the hotel door, slamming the side of his fist against it.
"I'm almost ready!" he shouts back. Typical routine for this kind of event.

We get to the Movie Awards and go through the usual award run around, once inside the arena I hear her laughter bounce off the walls and high ceilings. "That sounds like Lynni," I mutter to myself.
"Only because it is her," Justin confirms.
JC looks up and spots her on the balcony of the upper floor. She waves to him, acknowledging him and motions for him to go up to talk to her and the company she has. "I'll catch you guys in there," JC tells us, walking away before any of us could say a word. She means alot to him and he will do just about anything for her.
I see her and give her a concerned and shy smile, she catches it out of the corner of her eye. A few seconds later, she watches me and signals me to join her and JC when I look back at her. "Time to suck it up and push my pride aside," I think out loud, giving a tight smile to my other three friends.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story