Chapter Six

Just A Memory

 

Madison sat uncomfortable on Justin’s couch, it had been three weeks four days and six hours since Justin found out he had a daughter. In those three weeks, he became a permanent thing in Madison and Amanda’s lives. So right now Amanda was playing with Stephen and Jonathan, while Madison had to be stuck with every adult she grew up with staring at her like she had two heads. Yes, she was very uncomfortable to say the very least. Apparently when Justin had something big to tell his family, he flew them all out to where ever he was and told them face to face. Madison didn’t understand why this was something big, sure he has a six year old daughter, but why did they have to be there? That was what he asked for two days straight, and thought about skipping the country with Amanda and never coming back.

 

The last three weeks were hard on Madison, Justin wasn’t being overly civil to her, but he wasn’t being a complete ass like he should have been. She was finishing up college, and becoming a permanent at work. Amanda wouldn’t sleep until she got to see or hear her father; she wanted to spend every moment she could with the man. Madison didn’t like it at all; she didn’t want this to happen. She knew if Justin had known from the beginning things would be like this, but she didn’t tell him so she wasn’t ready for him to be part of her life. Even if being apart of his life meant dirty looks, and rude comments.

 

She was zoned out, thinking about work and how much she wanted to stick pencils in her eyes at that moment. She hadn’t been paying attention to them talk, she wasn’t in the mood to listen to lectures about how wrong she had been to keep such a huge thing from Justin. They wanted them to get married, she laughed in their face. Don’t get her wrong, she thought about that the whole time she was pregnant, that she and Justin would one day get married, but now she found it amusing. Why would he want to marry her after everything she did?

 

“Madison?” Grace asked looking over at her daughter, “Madison pay attention.” She added causing her to roll her eyes.

 

“Listen, it was nice to see ya’ll again but I’ve got to get going. I have this job to do.” Madison stood up and walked to the coat closet grabbing her coat and yanking it on, “Justin I’ll be by tomorrow to pick Amanda up.” And with that she was out the door, of course Justin was right behind her.

 

“I call your bull shit.” He hollered grabbing her arm and turning her around. “Your mom said you don’t have anything going on this weekend.” His voice was low, his eyes roamed her face.

 

“Randy leave me alone, you’re getting what you want just leave me alone.” Madison’s voice was just above a whisper as she tried to pull away from him. This was the most attention he paid her in the almost four weeks he learned about Amanda.

 

“Don’t be rude to my fucking family Riley; I swear if you leave…” His words trailed off his lips as Madison pulled out of his death grip on her arm.

 

“Fuck you and fuck your family, you are lucky I even showed up with my daughter…”

 

“Our daughter, and if you hadn’t showed up I would have got the courts involved.” He snapped grabbing her retreating form again pulling her to him.

 

“She isn’t your fucking daughter Randy, I’ve been through everything you’ve been tramping the globe doing god knows what with god knows who. Don’t think for a moment you can get custody of her, I’d win and you know it.” Madison glared up at Justin trying to get away from him, he held her up against his chest. “Please, I can’t do this I’m leaving and I’ll be back tomorrow after noon to pick my daughter up.” She breathed as he slowly let her go.

 

“Fuck you.” Was the only thing he said before he stormed back into the house leaving Madison holding tears in as she got in her car and took off, not to sure where she was going. He was right, she didn’t have to work but she couldn’t be in that house any longer she couldn’t take the rude comments from him, and the stares from the rest of his family.

 

Madison found her self at a club in down town LA, she wasn’t to sure which club or how she got there but she knew she was in down town LA and was drunk. She downed a shot of tequila and looked around the club; this was how she was spending her 23rd birthday. Alone at some random club in LA, but alone, no one all day wished her a happy birthday until she showed the bouncer her ID. A total stranger said happy birthday to her, but her mother couldn’t even do it. So here she was getting free drinks all night long because it was her birthday.

 

Jayne closed her eyes when she noticed her best friend being drooled all over by two ugly men. She knew Madison and Justin had got in to a fight earlier that day, and he had been looking for her the past few hours, because she wasn’t answering her phones. Jayne pointed over towards Madison as she stood up leaving JC with a few of their friends.

 

“Jayneeeeee” Madison giggled throwing her arms around Jayne’s neck

 

“Madison, how much have you had to drink?” Jayne asked concerned at the state she found her friend in.

 

Madison giggled loudly and shrugged her shoulders. She hugged Jayne again and started to pull the two of them towards the dance floor. “Let’s dance!” She yelled out removing her arms from around Jayne’s neck.

 

Jayne threw a worried look towards JC as Madison went running towards the bathrooms. JC followed them, stopping next to Jayne before she went inside.

 

“Should I let him know we found her?” JC asked looking over his shoulder towards Justin who had just entered the club. Jayne just sighed and pushed her way into the bathroom to the sound of Madison throwing up in the toilet.

 

JC ran a hand through his hair as he pushed his way past people and made his way over to Justin. Justin gave him a hard look and raised his eyebrows.

 

“I take it she isn’t here either?” Justin asked looking over JC’s shoulder and around the crowded club.

 

“No… no she is here.” JC stated, “She’s puking in the bathroom right now.” He added as he turned around and started towards the bathrooms, Justin behind him.

 

“I don’t know what gives her the right to just leave and go get fucked up like this. She had a daughter to take care of and…”

 

JC stopped in front of the bathroom and gave Justin a dirty look. “You know why she is here. Don’t start crap with her again, you’ve been nothing back a prick to her for three weeks.” JC raised a hand and grabbed Justin who was trying to walk into the women bathroom.

 

“Don’t start with me again JC. You’d be acting the same if Jayne had your child and ran off with out telling you.” Justin snapped once again trying for the bathroom, and once again JC getting in his way.

 

“You didn’t give her much of a choice Justin! If I remember correctly, you didn’t call her ever. You left her, and didn’t even try to call her until your mom mentioned that she was no longer living in Memphis. So don’t start that shit, you left her no choice.” JC glared pushing Justin away from the door, “You knew you did so don’t act like this was all a big surprise.” With that JC walked into the women bathroom.

 

Justin ran a tired hand over his face and pushed open the door slightly. He stepped inside and let the door shut softly. He closed his eyes hearing Madison crying into Jayne’s arms.

 

“I don’t want him around us. I don’t care how happy Amanda is I still wish he never found out. Jayne what is wrong with me, I’m so unhappy with life that I’d rather have no father for my daughter.” Madison cried as Jayne smoothed down her hair.

 

“Madison, let’s get off the floor and home.” JC crouched down looking at her. “Just give him some time, he is being a prick yes but that’s always been Justin.” JC stated causing Madison to laugh.

 

Justin sighed and left the bathroom the way he came; with out them knowing he was in there. He ran a hand over his head and made his way out of the club. He knew he had a lot to think about and a lot to do.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story