Author's Chapter Notes:
I've been looking at this chapter for like a week now, trying to make myself like it, but I just don't lol. Still, it's necessary, along with the next couple that will probably be boring lol. I apologize!
three: fuck the pain away

Lay where you’re laying, don’t make a sound
I know they’re watching, they’re watching
All the commotion and kiddie-like play
Has people talking, talking


Justin and Nadia disappeared from the engagement party before most people had time to notice that they’d even met. Kristin was obviously disappointed to find that her best bud was gone as quickly as he’d come.

“Grant, honey?” she approached her future husband, where he was laughing with his sister and her boyfriend.

He excused himself and gave his undivided to his fiancée. “Yes, dear.”

“Where did Justin go?”

“I… am not sure,” he realized, turning back to where he left Justin and Nadia at the bar. Their seats were empty, but their drinks remained. “That’s weird.”

“He’s not in the bathroom,” she assured him. “I checked.”

“You’re a stalker,” he told her seriously.

“Grant,” she punched him in the arm. “You let him leave!”

“I did not!”

“You know he never comes to see us, and the one time he does, you let him get away!”

“I think he just wasn’t in the mood to hang out tonight, Kris.”

“Yes, he was. He said he was fine!”

He draped his arm around her neck and placed a reassuring kiss on her temple. “Trust me.”

“Grant Thomas Vener, what do you know?”

“So much,” he grinned expressively. “I’ll tell you after everyone leaves.”

“You know I hate when you know things before me!”

“Can you just enjoy the party, babe? Please?”

“Ugh, fine,” she sighed, peering into the rest of the party, making sure she hadn’t lost anyone else along the way. “And where the hell is Nadia? The boat is about to leave and everyone is MIA.”

Grant was particularly proud of his matchmaking prowess, so he decided let Kristin in on that secret. “Hey, maybe she’s with Justin.”

“Yeah right,” Kristin scoffed. “And then pigs flew.”

“Why is that so unfathomable?”

“Nadia? And Justin?” She couldn’t contain a giggle at the thought. “Let’s just say he’s not exactly her type.”

“She seemed cool,” he pressed, confused by her statement. “What, she doesn’t like white guys?”

“Ummm…” Kristin frowned, unsure of how to clear up his confusion without saying too much. “I’ll tell you after everyone leaves.”

“Solid,” he chuckled at her response. “Fair enough.”

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Justin managed to convince Nadia that it was a good idea to make the long trek back to the city sooner rather than later, so with the help of his driver, they took a torturous two-hour drive in mostly silence, full of an awkward, drunken sexual tension. By the time they hit Park Avenue, they were nearly on top of each other. As soon as they hit his apartment, it was on.

Somewhere along the way to Manhattan, he decided that Nadia gave good blow jobs, and he was right. But the sex was even better. He had hardly been a monk since the divorce proceedings had begun, but it had also been a long time since he’d had good sex. Years, if he was being honest. He and Mila had a healthy sex life, sure, but as their time together expanded, the time they took to satisfy one another seemed to dwindle. The kind of sex that made your toes curl and profanities escape your lips had been a foreign concept to him until that night with Nadia.

His bedroom felt hot, especially for midnight, and he felt like he couldn’t breathe. Her nails dug into his strong back as he went inside her, their bodies stuck together by sweat and splendor. His big, beautiful hands held onto her face and neck, making him appear to be the dominant one in the situation, when really, he was at her mercy.

Nadia’s mouth hung open as she gasped for air, and she was so tired, but wanted nothing more than to keep going. It had been so long since she’d been with a guy, she’d almost forgotten how damn good it felt. She loved the feeling of his thumb across her bottom lip, his breath against her neck, his taut chest against her breasts. He fit so perfectly, and he moved so well, she would have gone all night if he wanted to. This was true ecstasy.

Soft lips are open, your knuckles are pale
Feels like you’re dying, you’re dying


But alas, nothing lasts forever, and her eyes began to roll to the back of her head as she whimpered variations of “Oh, god,” and then fell back into his sheets, completely spent.

As Justin’s toes uncurled and his color returned to normal, he untangled himself from her endless legs and fell to the opposite end of his California king with a sigh. “Hey, what was your name again?”

Her giggle filled the room while her smile lit it up before she responded. “After that, it is whatever you want it to be, honey.”

He smiled genuinely as he pulled himself up effortlessly to look at her. “You have great breasts.”

She sat up herself and looked down at her perky B-cups carefully. “You think so?”

“I do.”

“I wish they were bigger.”

“No, they’re perfect.”

“They’re okay.”

“Trust me.”

She shrugged, still not satisfied, but figured there was no reason to argue with a stranger over her boobs. Instead, she complimented him as well. “You have a nice ass. For a guy.”

“It’s pretty nonexistent…”

“Well… for a white guy,” she appended. “Definitely one of the nicer ones I’ve seen.”

“You fuck a lot of white guys?”

“That’s none of your business, Timberlake.”

He squinted at the way she said his name. “I hate when people last name me.”

“Why?”

“I don’t know,” he yawned. “It’s such a weird, unsexy name. I just feel like only people who don’t know me use it.”

“Well if we’re being honest, I don’t really know you.”

“You know where I live and you’ve seen me naked. You know enough.”

“If only that’s all it took to know someone,” she sighed.

”Don’t you sound contrite.”

She smiled ruefully. The sweat on her face made her glisten and glow. “Let’s just say you’re not the first person up my skirt after sharing all of ten sentences between us.”

“I see.”

“And the getting to know each other afterwards typically doesn’t go well…”

“I see,” he repeated, a little quieter this time.

“Sorry if that came off bitchy.” She realized he had been instantly deflated. “I’m a bitch, usually.”

“You? No way,” he joked sarcastically, noting that their first exchange wasn’t entirely friendly. “Why did you wanna leave the party anyway?”

“Not my scene,” she shrugged. “I love Kristin and Grant, but the whole rich white people in the Hamptons deal, I couldn’t figure out what the fuck I had gotten myself into.”

“Yet, here you are with a rich white person you met in the Hamptons.”

She shook her head, dismissing his description. “You have an edge. There’s a darkness to you, I can tell. You’re just trying to keep it at bay right now. For whatever reason.”

He didn’t know how to respond to that. He hadn’t realized it before then, but that was so true. It had been true for years, in fact. As he and Mila fell apart, it seemed that his light had dimmed. But that didn’t make it any easier to admit. “…What makes you say that?”

“I’ve seen a lot of people in pain. And even worse, I’ve seen a lot of people try to hide their pain. I know what it looks like.”

“This is too deep for pillow talk,” he sighed, falling back into his sheets. “How did we get here?”

“We left a party we weren’t supposed to leave because I figured going home with you sounded better than going home alone.”

“Something tells me even if you hadn’t come with me, you wouldn’t have been going home alone.”

“Very funny.” If her face weren’t brown, it would have turned bright pink.

“Men must approach you every single day…”

“I’m on the subway at least an hour and a half daily, and it is the most irritating part of my day,” she confirmed. “But that’s why it's been so long since I've fucked with anyone. My bullshit meter is extra sensitive.”

“That makes sense.”

“So I apologize if I was curt.” She offered a soft smile and he nearly melted.

“Hey, you still came home with me, what do I care?”

“God, you’re just so charming,” she rolled her eyes. “I don’t know how women aren’t beating down your door.”

“Hey, I never claimed to be a nice guy.”

“Obviously!” She stretched her legs out so that they crossed his, beginning a game of footsie with him. “For future references, if you want to instantly pique a girl’s interest, just compliment something she’s wearing. Her shoes, her earrings, her outfit.”

“Won’t she just think I’m gay?”

“You’re stupid,” she laughed earnestly. “But not if you did it correctly “ and any man that orders rum and Coke has the sophistication to pull this off “ so she’ll just think you’re a man that knows a bad bitch when he sees one.”

“Well obviously. I noticed you, didn’t I?”

She climbed across the bed so that she was kneeling next to him. “Did you?”

“I did,” he nodded sleepily.

“Because it felt like Grant did most of the work...”

“That’s only because he knows what I like.”

She grinned, amused by his cool. She saw why Kristin liked him so much, he was actually pretty captivating when he wasn’t being moody and rude. The two of them gazed at one another for maybe a minute, but to sit there naked, staring into the eyes of a stranger, it felt more like an hour. Finally, Nadia broke the silence. “So are you feeling better now?”

“Better?”

“Than you were earlier. I know you had a bomb or two dropped on you at the party.”

“God, you know too much,” he smirked. “But yeah, I actually do feel a little better, thanks to you, I guess.”

“Did you know she was going to be there?”

“We’re not going to talk about this,” he countered stoically, watching as his phone began to light up from across the room. “You don’t get to pry just because you’re a good fuck.” And there it was, the light had instantly disappeared.

Her eyebrows raised in surprise. “And people call me cold.”

“You were pretty hot to me a few minutes ago.”

“Ha ha.” She removed herself from his bed and walked over to the window, leaving him with his own view to admire. “Park Avenue,” she sighed wistfully, examining the street fifteen floors below. “Must be nice.”

“It doesn’t suck.”

“I feel like I should take this opportunity to ask you some profound shit about the world, or success, or… something, but I really just wanna fuck you again.”

You, your sex is on fire
Consumed with what’s to transpire


His smile widened into a chuckle and he welcomed her request. “Who am I to deny the people what they want.”

She walked back over to him and was straddling him before he knew it. “Not to get all business-like, but the people want an album, I’m pretty sure.”

“Yeah… let’s not talk about that either.”

“No?”

He only shook his head and motioned to kiss her.

Hot as a fever, rattling bones
I can just taste it, taste it


The next morning, Nadia was up bright and early, moving throughout Justin’s gorgeously luxe apartment to gather her things and get out of there. A part of her didn’t want to actually leave, but she had an event to attend in Jersey, and she still had to go home, shower, and make it across the river by 10:00, all using public transportation.

Not wanting to disturb him, she left a short note on his kitchen counter, hoping that it didn’t seem as rude and hooker-ish as it sounded in her head. But she really did have to go.

This was fun, right? Call me if you want. 347-623-5262.
-Nadia


If it’s not forever, if it’s just tonight
Oh it’s still the greatest
The greatest, greatest


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story