Author's Chapter Notes:

Chris finds JC, and Justin finds them.

Chris

Chris squinted at the tree with a bright orange and juicy mango, he didn’t realize how hungry he was, and this tree was full of mangoes. Climbing the tree, he managed to grab a few mangos, and he took a big bite out of it.

 

“I feel like some sort of wild animal.” Chris chuckled to himself, tearing the skin off the mango and sucking on the juice.

 

He didn’t care if his hands were all sticky, cause he was sitting down on the tree enjoying them, Chris didn’t know if his eyes were playing tricks on him or what, but from where he was at, he could see someone walking through the path of trees in the distance. Standing up on the tree to get an even better view, he uttered a gasp when he realized who it was, it was JC running through the trees like he was in some sort of race.

 

Chris wanted to fly to him, but that wasn’t possible, and he managed to call out his name, JC! JC! HEY! He shouted frantically, being careful not to fall down from the tree, thinking quickly he climbed down from the tree and landed on his feet. Trying to figure which direction JC went, he called out his name again.

 

 

JC

“Ok, this time I heard that.” JC said, he finally stopped running and let out a whoosh of air trying to ease his breathing and heart rate. He decided to listen again, and he heard someone calling his name. He listened hard, and realized that it was Chris.

 

Chris?” He whispered, looking around frantically. Chris! CHRIS! Are you here? Where are you?” He shouted, it looked like Chris had heard him, cause his voice was coming closer and louder.

 

JC called him again, he wanted to cry tears of joy and reach out to him, but it seemed that this was taking forever, and then out of nowhere, Chris appeared in a shrub of bushes and just stood there for a moment looking at JC.

 

“JC” Chris whispered.

 

“Chris, is it really you?” JC choked out, trying to hold back the tears from coming.

 

“Of course it’s me you dweeb.” Chris joked.

 

JC let out a cry that sounded more like a laugh, and he ran up to him and gave him a big hug.

 

“I thought I was never gonna see you again.” JC said softly.

 

“Same goes for me, I thought I was the only survivor, I didn’t know what to do, I ended up in the water, I really thought that I-Chris didn’t realize that he too, had tears coming, and JC let the tears come in. It’s not everyday that Chris cried, so this was a moment between the two of them.

 

“It’s okay Chris, it’s alright.” JC reassured.

 

“I’m glad that I found you, heck we found eachother, what were you running from anyway?” Chris wondered, pulling away from their embrace.

 

JC laughed, “You saw me running? How?” Did you get superpowers from that plane crash?”

 

“No, I was in a tree, indulging myself in mangoes, and that’s how I saw you.” Chris noticed that JC had a bruise on his head.

 

“It was far worse before, I put some water on it and I covered it with a napkin.” JC said, he could see that Chris was a bit worried, but maybe he was right, it did get him this far., so he shouldn’t be worried.

 

“Maybe salt water is good for that.” Chris asked him.

 

“I haven’t found any source of water besides dirty old marshes.” JC said with a laugh.

 

“The beach is back there.” Chris replied simply, pointing to the direction where he was before.

 

“You’re serious?”

 

“I’m serious.” Chris said with a smile and motioned him to follow him.

 

JC saw that Chris was carrying a mango in his hand, “Um Chris, may I have that mango?”

 

Chris just chuckled and said “Sure Jace, I forgot I had it, and I’m gonna go show you where I got it from.” He gave JC the mango and watched him devour it.

 

“This is really good.” JC said with a satisfied grin.

 

“Yeah it is, it’s sweet, totally different than the ones they have in supermarkets.” Chris replied with a chuckle.

 

JC agreed and finished up the mango, he then said “Hey, do you think that we’ll find the others, or someone would look for us?”

 

Chris thought for a moment, “Well, we found eachother, and if we made it out alive, then they probably did as well, I’m sure of it.”

 

JC nodded, and he was glad that Chris was there, and Chris felt the same for him.

 

 

Justin

As Justin was trying to embark the trail that JC had just ran, he didn’t know where he was at that moment, he tried calling out his name, but no luck. Justin sighed and found a stream nearby, he was suddenly very thirsty, and cupped his hands to drink the cooling water. The water felt good when it passed through his mouth and down his throat. After washing his face, he found shoeprints near the stream, they weren’t his, and so it either could’ve been JC’s shoeprints or someone else. The shoeprints led down a wooded marsh away from the stream, and it looks like they have been running, and so he decided to follow them.

 

Eating an orange that he found on a tree, and following the footprints, and he noticed that they stopped, and he saw another pair of footprints. But it was somewhat dryer than the ones he found earlier at the stream. He let out a long low whistle to see if anyone was nearby, all he heard were the usual sounds of creatures. Sweat trickled down his forehead, and he wondered what time it was.

 

He called out the guys names again, nothing. Sighing, he saw that the two pairs of shoeprints walked away together and it led down to a wooded clearing. He followed it, and it led him to a beach, a sandy one at that. And Justin didn’t know if his eyes were playing tricks on him or what, but what he saw were Chris and JC, trying to make a fort together.

 

Justin gasped and called out. “CHRIS! JC, HEY!” And he ran up to them, he really hoped that this wasn’t some sort of sick joke.

 

 

“So you place this here, and then I’ll go get the rest of the fruit.” Chris asked JC.

 

JC nodded when he stopped and said, “Did you hear that?”

 

“Hear what?”

 

“That, listen.”

 

JC and Chris listened, and he was right, someone was calling them; they looked to the direction of where the sound was coming from, and sure enough, it was Justin, running to them.

 

They both dropped what they were doing and ran up to them as well.

 

“JUSTIN!” They cried.

 

“Oh my god it’s really YOU!” Justin responded, the tears streaming down his face.

 

“I thought we were never gonna see you again!” Chris explained, giving him a bonecrushing hug.

 

“Dude, where were you, I got lucky that I found Chris, we’ll explain that to you later.” JC said.

 

“I ended up in a freakin palm tree, and look my foot is injured.” Justin replied showing them.

 

“It looks infected.” JC told him.

 

“I cleaned it up with water, and wrapped it up with some leaves I found, but I guess that didn’t work out so well.” Justin frowned and looked at JC. “Dude, do you know I saw your running?”

 

“I thought I’d heard something, but I got scared and so I ran, and then I found Chris.” JC explained.

 

“I was calling you and everything, but you just flew away.”

 

“I’m sorry, I didn’t know.” JC said quietly.

 

Chris just burst out laughing.

 

“That’s not funny.”

 

“It sure is.” Chris chuckled then turned serious, “Ok ok, um we have to get this tent thing up before nightfall.

 

“That’s not a tent Chris.” Justin joked.

 

“Well, let’s pretend it’s a tent Curly.” Chris said, motioning him to go sit down before his foot gets even more infected.

 

They completed the task and the sun was beaming down on them, it was really hot and they haven’t really drank any fresh water.

 

“I’m so thirsty.” Justin said, smacking his lips, “I did find a stream back there, but I have no idea where it is now.”

 

“I think I know which stream you’re talking about, I passed by it the other day.” JC responded.

 

“But do we have something to carry it in, like a jar or something?” Chris asked, looking around the sandy dune. All he saw were shells and rocks.

 

“Justin, I don’t think you’ll be able to walk right now, until that foot of yours is healed, or until we receive some assistance, if you want me and Chris can go get the water, maybe we’ll find something on the way, I don’t think it wasn’t that far.” JC explained.

 

“Yeah you can monitor the tent.” Chris joked, “and be on the lookout for search and rescue.”

 

Justin nodded and sat down on the sand, eating an orange.

 

“Unless Chris can go by himself, he has great survival skills you know.” JC added. JC didn’t really wanna leave Justin alone, but he didn’t wanna leave Chris alone either.

 

Chris saw what was going on, “Jace, it’s okay, I’ll go, you stay here with him.”

 

“Are you sure? I don’t want nothing to happen to you.” Justin said.

 

“Pssh, I’ll be fine.” Chris asked, walking towards the trail.

 

“Be careful okay?” JC called out to him.

 

Chris gave him a salute, and headed onto the trail of the wooded area.

 

Chapter End Notes:

Hope you guys are liking the story so far.. :)



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: vacation