Author's Chapter Notes:

Its been a while since I updated this one..lolz

The guys decide to build a fort or a hut to protect themselves from the dangers of the weather.

Bright sunlight poured over Justin’s face, shielding his eyes and uttering a slight yawn, he took a look at the other guys, noticed that Joey’s spot was empty, thinking that something had happened to him, and felt relieved when he spotted him coming back from the woods.

 

“Joey where were you?” Justin asked.

 

“Taking a crap.” Joey grinned

 

Justin made a face, “what did you use to, you know.” Using his hands to gesture..

 

“Banana leaves; it’s the law of the jungle.” Joey chuckled.

 

“What’s the law of jungle?” Lance asked sleepily.

 

“Joey just finished doing the number two.” Justin joked.

 

“Haha!” Chris called out.

 

“I’m gonna go for a dip now at the beach, gonna wash myself.” Joey said playfully and headed towards the beach.

 

Chris looked over at JC was still sleeping soundly, “the dude even sleeps on a freakin island, without the proper accommodations of a hotel room.”

 

“Check his ankle.” Justin asked.

 

Chris went over to check his ankle, it was slightly purple for some reason, and frowned when he saw it.

 

“How does it look?” Lance told him.

 

“It’s purple, was it purple last night?” Chris wondered.

 

“Not that I know of.”   Justin said.

 

“Maybe we should put more ointment on it, maybe that’ll work.”  Lance added.

 

Chris nodded and checked the bag for some ointment, got a Q-tip and dabbed it on the ankle, JC jerked a little bit and mumbled.

 

“Hey, you awake?” Chris told him softly.

 

“I am now.” He mumbled, “What are you doing?”

 

“We were putting more ointment on that ankle of yours, does it look infected to you?” Chris added.

 

JC sat up and looked at his ankle, “It doesn’t look bad, but put more on it to make sure.”

 

“Does it hurt when I touch it or move it?” Justin told him.

 

“It stings a little, but nothing serious.”

 

After they put the ointment on, Justin gave him a bandage to cover it with.

 

“Here you go Jace.”

 

JC took the bandage and placed it over the sting, “Thank you.” He told the rest of the guys and saw that Joey was just coming out of the water.

 

“Enjoyed your shower Joe?” Lance joked.

 

“I did.” He grinned.

 

“See? Joey went to the woods later and he-

 

Chris felt an empty box of soap land on his head. “Hey!” He shouted.

 

“Shut it Chris.” Joey joked.

 

Chris stuck his tongue out and took his towel and headed towards the water to take his shower.

 

“Now it’s my turn to go for a dip.” Chris smirked.

 

After all of the guys took their morning showers, JC decided to take a swim again, he hated the fact that he was all sticky, he found some sunblock and put it around himself, then the guys treated themselves with some fruit and what was left in the cooler, they had a few essential items, that would last a few more days, then that was it.

 

By the time it hit noon, the sun was beating down on them, they felt like eggs being fried, they had to stay at the beach for a good amount of hours, trying to keep themselves cool.

 

“Look I found fish!” Chris shouted.

 

“What kind?” Lance said.

 

“Tropical clown fish, the ones you see in pet stores.” Chris continued.

 

They wandered off into the deep end of the ocean, and found some real nice things, like starfish, seahorses, and they did find a few jellyfish, careful not to swim near them, they then happened to swim near a coral reef, which was where all the wonderful creatures were coming.

 

“This is really neat.” Joey said, peering into the clear blue waters.

 

“Yeah, if you are at an aquarium you have to pay for this, and over here we can see all of this for free.” JC added.

 

They guys all nodded yes in response, after a while, they managed to swim back to shore. When they got there, they decided to make a house, it was Chris idea.

 

“Chris, we can’t make a house.” Justin said.

 

“Sure we can, all we need is canvas and straw, it’ll be fun, come on, we’ll be just like “The Blue Lagoon.”

 

“But why are we making one, its not raining.” Justin continued.

 

“We gotta be prepared Justin for anything, God knows when people would find us.”

 

Justin was silent for a moment, “What are you saying Chris?”

 

“I am saying that we have to build one, just in case, no one comes.” Chris added.

 

“Chris, people are gonna find us, don’t say that.” Lance said.

 

“In the movie, the people never came.” Chris said quietly.

 

“That was a movie, that wasn’t real.” Joey told him.

 

“I know that guys, but still, help me out, come on.” Chris took some canvas and started measuring how the wooded house was gonna be.

 

“I thought you were the positive one.” Justin replied, kneeling next to him and taking the straws and untying them.

 

“I’m not saying that just to make you guys feel bad, I just wanna be prepared that’s all, it’s been four days already.”

 

“Have you been counting, I thought JC was the one that worried.” Justin said.

 

“I think it has been four days, I don’t know, maybe three.” Chris continued.

 

“Come on Chris, everything is gonna be cool, you said so yourself, that we have to be on the lookout for search and rescue, where did that positive attitude go?”

 

“It’s still in there.” Chris replied.

 

“Exactly, come on, I’ll help you build a fort or whatever you are building.”

 

“We’ll all help.” Joey added.

 

“Here take this.” JC said, giving Chris some logs to set it up.

 

They all worked together throughout the day, taking breaks when needed, and by the time evening hit, they managed to make a little hut, that was just perfect for the five of them.

 

“Are those coconut bowls Lance?” Chris said with laugh.

 

“Yes I had a ceramics/pottery class in high school, so I know a thing or two, I made one for each of you.” Lance responded with a smile.

 

“Thanks.” JC said, taking the bowl in his hand.

 

The temperature dropped suddenly by the time nightfall came.

 

“Why the heck did it get so cold?” Justin said, wrapping his arms around himself.

 

“Beats me, I still don’t have connection on this phone.” Joey frowned.

 

“Nothing?” JC asked.

 

“Nothing.” Joey repeated, and my battery is gonna die soon.

 

“Great.” Justin sighed.

 

“Chris got a match and lighted a fire on the log, and a small pan was heating up some Chef Boyardee.

 

After it was ready, they used the coconut bowls that Lance made, and some plastic spoons that was found in the cooler, and they all ate in silence, it was really quiet for some reason, it was cold and quiet, like something was in the air, but they didn’t know what, there was no moon, no stars, like the previous night, just big thick clouds, it didn’t look like it was gonna rain, so whatever the weather might bring, they all hoped that they were prepared for it, as Chris had predicted.

Chapter End Notes:

I'm also working on the next chapter as well, I'll post it as soon as I can.. :)

Thanks for reading and reviewing..



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: vacation