Author's Chapter Notes:
Its a Winter Wonderland..lolz

“Lance, Lance wake up.” Joey muttered.

 

Lance let out a yawn, “What, what’s going on?” He mumbled.

 

“Look outside.”

 

Lance groggily peered out of the hut and looked at a sea of white, he squinted to make sure.

 

Was that snow?”

 

Sure enough, it was snow, a white blanket covered the whole island where the sand used to be.

 

“How is that possible?” Lance asked out loud.

 

Chris then peered out of the hut, “Ha! I was right!”

 

“What do you mean Chris, you knew this was coming?” Joey wondered.

 

“I did say that we had to prepare for the worst, so there, Jack Frost visited last night.” Chris joked.

 

Lance just shrugged and wondered himself, it was kinda cold last night, but did that mean anything?

 

Joey headed back inside the hut, along with Lance who followed, Chris was munching on cereal from the coconut bowls, Justin and JC were still asleep in their sleeping bags.

 

“I just thought of something.” Lance said in a whispered tone.

 

“What’s that?” Chris asked

 

Joey, who also looked at him, went to get a bowl so he can get some breakfast.

 

“We packed for summer clothes, all we have are swimming trunks, sandals, sunblock, we do not have sweaters, boots, or anything prepared for this.” Lance explained.

 

Chris was silent for a moment, Lance was right, it looked like a winter wonderland, the sun didn’t even peek into the sky, and if it didn’t come out, the snow would take longer to melt.

 

“We can always build a fire.” Joey told them.

 

“Yeah that could work, but it’ll be hard looking for firewood in that snow, especially if all we have are sandals.” Lance said.

 

“Hold on, let me check how deep the snow is.” Joey got up from and went outside, a cold chill blasted into his face, and he put his socks and sandals into the snow. It was ankle deep, he took a look at the beach in the distance, it had a cold shade of blue and from the looks of it, was rough and choppy.

 

Joey then went back into the hut, “Kinda nippy out there, the snow is ankle deep by the way.” He took his wet sock off and placed it in a corner to dry.

 

“What are you guys whispering about?” Justin said with a yawn rubbing his eyes.

 

“Christmas presents.” Chris joked.

 

Justin stared at Chris confused, “What do you mean?”

 

“There’s snow outside Curly.” Joey replied.

 

“You’re serious?” Without waiting for an answer he peered out of the hut and gazed at the Winter Wonderland, “Holy- He put his hand over his mouth and stared.

 

Heading back inside he stared at his friends, and looked at JC who was just emerging from his sleep, he had a serious case of bedhead.

 

“What’s wrong Justin? You have a look of shock on your face, did you lose something?” JC said simply.

 

Justin shook his head slowly, “No, I just find it weird that there’s snow outside, and we are on an island.”

 

Now it was JC’s turn to have a shocked look, and he too headed outside to see for himself.

 

“Wow.” He whispered, heading back into the hut, almost the same reaction as Justin.

 

“So much for the relaxing vacation of sun, beach, and sand.” Lance said with a sigh.

 

Chris chuckled a little bit at that, “well, we may not have a sunny week, but we can always go out there and make a snowman, maybe Search and Rescue will notice it.”

 

“Yeah maybe.” Justin said quietly, “So you got any more food in that cooler?”

 

Joey looked and frowned, “There’s only two little boxes of cereal left, we are out of milk as well, then there’s water and ice.”

 

“Wait, we’re done?” Chris asked, running towards the cooler and surprised that the food in it, was almost gone. Besides the cereal, they only had a bag of frozen peas.

 

“Great.” He muttered, “That means we are gonna have to search for food.”

 

“Bur Chris, its freezing out there, do you the think the fruit from the trees are ruined cause of the snow?” JC replied.

 

Chris thought for a moment, he was right, the sudden change in weather could’ve destroyed the fruits that were from the trees.

 

“And besides, there’s no way we could go out there without a jacket or some boots, we weren’t prepared for this kind of weather.” JC continued.

 

“At least we have a bag of frozen peas.” Lance said, trying to lighten the mood.

 

“This is ridiculous, someone was supposed to come and rescue us by now, was this some sort of plan to get rid of us or something?!” Justin argued

 

“It’s already been a week right?” Joey said softly.

 

Chris nodded, “I think so Joey, do you still have your cell phone?”

 

Joey reached into his pocket and pulled it out, and turned it on, only it didn’t turn on. “The battery’s dead.”

 

Chris groaned.

 

“Maybe we can try to dig through the snow, and find some firewood maybe?” Lance asked.

 

“All we have are sandals.” Justin responded.

 

“I have one pair of sneakers in my bag, I can try to make my way and there, so that way we can make a fire tonight.”

 

“That’s a good idea, but it’s too risky.” Chris said, “I should go, let me borrow your sneakers.”

 

Lance agreed and dug into his bag to search for the sneakers, it was an old pair, so it was okay for him.

 

“Here you go.”

 

Chris took the pair of sneakers and put them on, it was a kinda big for him, but the socks that he wore made them tighter, so it’ll have to do. He then took a Tshirt from his bag and a light denim jacket, it wasn’t gonna warm him much, but it was something.

 

“Be careful Chris.” JC said.

 

“I won’t go far, don’t worry, I’m sure there’s a pack of wood right at the corner.” Chris replied with a smile.

 

And with that he headed out of the safety of the warm hut, and into the cold freezing snow, luckily, it wasn’t snowing, but he didn’t want to wait for that chance, his plan was to get the firewood, bring it back, and light it up, hopefully, on a cloudy mid-morning, someone should’ve seen the source of light from the sky.

Chapter End Notes:
Hopefully "Search and Rescue" would find them soon... :)


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: vacation