October 15, 2008
Tampa, Oshannie asked mom, dad, Heather, Tyler and I to come. She said she had wanted us to come to have dinner with Nick and his immediate family, make sure the hatchet is really buried and to tell us something important. We pull up to the quaint little restaurant and park, dad looking at the three of us in the backseat of the Durango we're renting for the next 5 days. "Be nice, these might be our in-laws some day," he enforces, silently telling us that he'd whoop our asses even if we are adults.
We nod in acknowledgement, going inside the restaurant after and Nick's family is there. Where are Nick and Oshannie? Leslie, Angel, Aaron, Jane, Bob, Lisa, Taelyn, Kamden, BJ and Ginger are here. I sit between Ginger and Aaron. "Where are they?" I ask Aaron.
"She can't decide on an outfit, but I know Nick will help her out and they should be here soon."
I spot Tyler between a huffy Leslie and an annoyed Jane, Heather between Taelyn and Angel who are gabbing up a storm, mom and dad are between Lisa and Jane. "Sorry about that, she got nervous and couldn't choose what to wear."
I look at Nick and he smiles, pushing her seat in. I'm surprised, this side of him hasn't been around for so long that it's foreign to me. I look around the table, most of his family is shocked as well and Tyler's smile matches dad's. They have seen her lately and I want to know the news. "We should order and catch up first," Oshannie suggests.
Nick weaves their fingers together, silently asks for a kiss and she happily obliges. We do as she wanted, happy chatter taking over the table and I hear her giggle. I turn to Aaron. "Why are we here?"
"She missed us and Nick's been giving her whatever she wants since a week or two before I moved into their place in Nashville," he tells me, a sly grin on his lips and he shrugs.
Our food comes and we say grace, something that she rarely does. "We have a big announcement for you," she informs us.
I hope they're engaged. "We're expecting," Nick announces.
Every head at the table whip in their direction except for Aaron, his head moved so slowly and I think he's known. "What?" dad asks.
"My baby's having a baby," mom mutters, trying to get it through to herself.
"How much longer until we meet the baby?" Angel asks, supportive little sister.
"I'm due February 5, so about 3 1/2-4 months from now." She's glowing, but I know she's happy and she just wants to be able to do everything she's dreamed of forever.
"Congratulations, Oshannie." She's two seats away from me and I reach over to her hand, covering it with mine. I force a smile and she fires a warning glance at me, not afraid to deck me if she feels it needs to be done.
"Thanks, Oshai."

Halfway through dinner and happy chatter, she jumps a little. She smiles and grabs Nick's hand, placing it on her small belly. She carries small, I bet it's a girl. I still can't believe she's expecting and kept it from me for so long. "How long have you known?"
"I got told a little over a month ago," Aaron tells me.
"Dad? Tyler? When did you find out?"
Dad looks at me. "She had Nick fly us from Chicago to Atlantic City to tell us backstage while his group was on stage."
"Then why act the way you did?"
"Still hasn't sunk in, I guess I don't believe it quite yet."
"Papa," Oshannie calls out, motioning for us to come to her and we walk over. She snatches my hand by the wrist and places it on her stomach, nothing happening for a moment. Just as I think of taking my hand back, I feel a small object press against my hand and it hits me. She really is pregnant. She's due in less than 4 months, there's a living and growing baby in there. "Feel that?" she asks, excitement lighting up her eyes and she has a smile plastered on her face.
"Y-yeah," I answer shakily.
"That's the baby."
Whatever part of the baby is against my palm hasn't moved since it rested there. "Wow." I kneel beside her and kiss the side of her little bump, a smile stretching across my features. "Hi, little one. I'm your Uncle Josh, I love you and I'll be there when you need me. Take your time and come out when you're ready."

I lay in my bed at my Winter Place home, still amazed she's pregnant and that Nick is embracing the situation. Damn, I'm going to have a niece or nephew in a few short months and Nick's to thank. I've got on Adidas shorts and my arms are under my head, my legs crossed at the ankles as I lay on top of my blankets. I text Nick before I look at the clock, seeing it's nearly 3am and silently curse myself. I smile when I get one back containing the answer I wanted. 'We're having a boy, but don't tell her bc she doesn't want 2 know the sex' is what he told me. She wants to be surprised and he has been doing just about everything she asks of him.
'What r u doing up?' I fire back.
'She had a craving for mint choc chip ice cream with all the toppings except nuts n I'm on the way home w it'
I chortle to myself. 'U r now her bitch XD'
'Better her than u XP'
'Right, bet I get more than u'
'La dee la da da da da doo doo doo'
'Bullshit' I send in response, squinting at my cell as if to call his bluff.
'I don't think u want 2 hear abt her sex life or mine ;)'
'no u r right. U fuck ^ and I hear it, we will have soemthing to settle'
'I know, no more mistakes bc they won't be tolerated'
'Damn right they won't'
'C I know, she reminds me on a reg basis that she's proud of the way I live now'
'u mean now that u r clean'
'Yeah that and bc i fight all the urges, she's been supportive 2'
I shake my head and ignore it, they both sing each other's praises. I think they do it far too much and that this is all superficial. Fuck it, I give up.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story