We're sitting in the green room backstage in Hollywood and it's currently November 23, Howie is watching my belly move while I lean back on the couch behind Nick. He's currently playing Mario Kart:Double Dash on the Gamecube against AJ and Brian. We're laughing and the baby is kicking me so hard that Howie's having the hardest time too look away from it, all because this was entirely unplanned. My eyes are focused on the screen, watching the 3 characters driving in their carts as they battle it out for 1st place and I can feel his eyes on me. "Howie, you're staring again," Nick comments from his spot in front of me and he reaches a hand up to rub my belly the moment he crosses the finish line. He looks back at me and smiles, leaning his head back by my hip.
"I just always thought the rest of us would have kids before you."
"Brian had Baylee, Kristin is just beginning to glow and you married Leigh last December," I reason.
"Still, Nick's having a baby with you out of wedlock and you're both in your late 20s."
"You're in your 30s."
"I don't get it, he's 28 and you're 25 and when he beats his demons is when you get pregnant." He's pacing by the end of the couch, agitated at the whole matter.
Nick sighs, rolling his eyes at his friend's ranting. "Howie, I'm scared as fuck if it makes you feel any better."
"When is she due again?"
"In 2 1/2 months."
"She doesn't even look 6 1/2 months yet."
"There's a basketball attached to her," he announces enthusiastically.
"Seriously?" Brian chirps, looking at AJ.
"Whoa! No freaking way!" He taps Nick's arm rapidly. "Legit?" he asks, Nick looking at him.
"Yeah," he confirms, giving a quick nod.
I think I know what they had said, but I don't care right now.

A couple more rounds of the game are played before their publicist comes in and slams an armful of magazines onto the floor by Nick's feet, making me jump. "What's this about, Jen?" AJ inquires her, picking one up and flipping through it.
The other three guys are looking over his shoulder and Brian sees something that catches his eye. "Other than Nick and Jazzy being spotted showing some serious PDA, not too much," Kevin says casually, sitting on the arm of the couch by my head.
"Listen to this," AJ says, "it's in Star. 'Nick Carter of the Backstreet Boys has recently been seen canoodling with a very pregnant woman that has been rumored to have been dating more than once, this time it's been for the past 3 years. She looks pregnant and due in a couple months, more than likely with his child. Carter, 28, has said recently that he is not involved with anyone and is in no way expecting with anyone. He claims that this is a very close friend of the Carter Clan, that she's been there since very early on and she has been spotted with him as far back as March of 1997. They had been romantically linked via rumors previously, but what about this time around?' Man, they called your guys' bluff."
"This one is The Enquirer," Brian informs us, "it says, 'According to our inside source she is due early February, Carter knows the sex of the child and his girlfriend of three years wants to keep it a secret. Carter may even be looking into a home away from all the craziness of LA, maybe one in a country type setting or in Tampa. His camp has said nothing concerning his girlfriend or her pregnancy.' Talk about bashing you."
"This one has your name and your exact due date, but who would leak this information?" Howie questions, glancing at us.
Nick looks at me. "How do you want to handle this?"
"How much information, D?" I ask.
"Um, 'Sources close to the Carter and Chasez clans report that Jazzy Chasez, the secretly adopted youngest daughter of JC Chasez's family, and Nick Carter are expecting a child to join them and her projected due date is February 5, 2009. She and the baby are supposed to join BSB on the final leg of the Unbreakable tour February 21, pending physician's approval. JC has said this about her pregnancy, "I have no right to speak about this matter, it's personal. It's up to Nick and her to decide." Carter has told the media that she is a close friend of his family and she has been turning to him for moral support, encouraging her that he plans on being there for the mother and child because of the friendship and history he shares with her. It's also rumored that he's dating her and that he knows the gender of the child, but is it his?' Someone too close to us told the media about this," he reads aloud after scanning it.
Nick pulls out his cell and calls someone. "What did you say to who for how much? Kip, look, that isn't even kosher cuz we wanted to have privacy with the whole thing. Then who would?" He looks at me and I shrug. "I'm gonna kick his ass when I go to Tampa next time. No. Tampa or up by my dad. All she has is her adoptive family other than her best friend's family and I think it's probably going to be Tampa so her family can visit in the first week or two. February 21. Thanks, man. Dueces." He shakes his head and shoves his cell back into his pocket.
"Who's ass are you kicking in Tampa?" I ask.
"Brent's cousin, Terrance."
I sigh and become irritated, grabbing my phone off the floor. I highlight and call the fucker's number. "Hey, Jazzy."
"Fuck you, you're no longer privvy to anything pertaining to Nick, the baby nor I. Rot in hell, you bastard."
"What?"
"You told the press!" I scream into the phone, hearing dead air after. I fire off a text warning the fucker of what will happen the next time I see him.

Once I'm calm again, Kevin smiles at me. "Can I touch your belly?"
"Of course." I grab his hand and put it over the moving lump, watching a grin appear on his face as it lights up.
"Active little one, huh?"
"Try sleeping with her curled to your side and the baby moving like crazy at 1am and then the 2am cravings, but it's all good cuz it means that they're both doing good," Nick admits.
"True."
"Kevvy?"
"Jazzy?"
"Kristin's glowing."
"I don't think she is."
"I know she is."
"We've been trying."
"Stop trying, she is."
He rolls his eyes. I tap Nick's shoulder and he helps me up, holding me for a moment before pressing a sweet kiss to my lips. "Thanks, Jazzabee."
"You're welcome, Tristan." We laugh, jumping when the baby kicks and it connects with his stomach. "I have to pee."
"Bladder soccer," he says. I widen my eyes and head for the bathroom, laughing to myself.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story