We've been in Florida since November 25 and I love it here, but Aaron is starting to piss me off. "You need anything, Jazz?"
"Aaron, I'm pregnant, not crippled."
"Nick said to make sure you're alright."
I sigh. "Where is he?"
"He went out last night and hasn't been back since."
I groan, rolling my eyes and sit up on the couch. "I hope I'm wrong."

Unfortunately, I was right about why he hadn't come home last night. It's mid-December and he slipped up, I can tell by the way he looks. "I'm sorry," he tells me for the 5th time, holding me tight.
"It's going to happen," I assure him. "Let's get you in the shower."
"Are you mad?"
"Disappointed? Yes. Expected a slip up? Of course. Mad? No."
I guide him up to our room, a master bath attached to it and we strip down to shower. He sets up the shower and washes up, pulling me close after. "Thank you, Jazz." He kisses my mouth and the baby kicks, his hand rubbing my belly to soothe us. "I can't wait to see you. I'm not perfect, but I'm going to try to be as good of a dad as mine tried to be. This should be interesting either way, kiddo."
I smile at him and he holds me close, sure he's excited over our soon to come roles as parents.

"Merry Christmas!" our families shout together when we enter the dark house and turn on the light.
I jump and giggle, Nick laughing with me. "Thanks," I say, my hand over my heart.
"Getting close there, huh?" Oshai teases.
"Six more weeks, I'm so excited!"
"For it to end or to hold the little one?"
"Both, I wonder what this tiny person will look like."
"Like me of course," Tyler jokes.
I see Nick reach for the wrist by me and I grab it, rubbing it before he can scratch it until it bleeds. Oshai notices this and I nod when his eyes question me, confirming his suspicion. He shakes his head and shrugs.

We mingle among the crowd and Nick is protective of my bump, but when I winced in pain a couple hours ago is when he got scared. The cramps intensify and I hold onto the kitchen counter in Oshai's Winter Place estate, Nick rubbing my back soothingly. "Are you alright?" he asks with concern dripping from it.
"These cramps are just getting worse, find mama now," I say through gritted teeth, my knuckles blanching. Aaron walks up to me and smiles, worry taking over his expression in moments.
He quickly rounds the counter and rubs my back, trying to ease the pain. "What's wrong, honey? Nick said it's important."
"Contractions, hard and less than 10 minutes apart."


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story