What a scare! They stopped her premature labor and she's under observation for the next 72 hours, a preventive measure in case it starts again. They don't want her to risk delivering 2 months early and they told her to kick back, Nick refusing to leave her side. I drove them to the hospital here in Orlando, closest to my house. It's been 3 hours since they got them to stop and I also haven't left her side. "Nick," I call out to him.
He looks up from her peacefully sleeping form, his hand holding hers and still looks scared out of his mind. "Yeah?"
"Are you scared?"
"Out of my mind, JC. I don't know how I'm going to do this, be a dad and a celebrity and stay clean."
"I don't know, either. But you have a strong woman and soon to be mom to your child who doesn't waver when you fall, she's always there to help you get back on mark."
He looks at her, smiling and I see the love on his face. He is head over heels when it comes to her, always has been and I see that now. Creativity sparks in me and I grab the notebook from her hospital bag, writing down a song that had come to mind. I can't believe she's about to become a mother to a defenseless child in under 3 months, I still have yet to get it through my thick skull. "I know, even when we weren't getting along. We texted, e-mailed and wrote back and forth constantly. She would tell me that I should clean up my act and that she's always going to be there for moral support." He takes a deep breath, his eyes still fixated on her. "Did she tell you what happened that week she took off five years ago?" I shake my head, our blue eyes meeting. "We slept together and it hasn't stopped, a relationship didn't stop us."
"You cheated on every girlfriend you had between 03 and when you guys got back together?" I harshly say.
He has an 'oops' look on his face, wincing and looks at me. "I'm still in a relationship and I love Sam and all, but Lauren doesn't know about her. Sam knows about Lauren, they've even hung out. But, Lauren is a glorified booty call that's hidden from the media while Sam is all the press is focused on. Sam is real, but Lauren isn't and it was Sam's idea to do this," he explains.
"Why? So you can cheat on her? So she knows who you're sleeping with?"
"It's either that or I do what I had before." Okay, he has a valid point there and although I don't like it, he's being more open with her. He's a player, but can't to break her heart. "She caught me earlier this year and she came up with it on her own, but it was a precautionary thing. I don't know what to do know that this has happened." He rubs her belly.
"The media is having a field day with my baby sister's pregnancy and you're worried about how to cover your relationship with her? What the fuck is wrong with you?" I stand up and go to leave.
"You have to admit that it took balls for me to tell you to your face, regardless of whether you agree with us or not. She made it crystal clear that she wanted our relationship to be covert. She chose this, not me."
"So you cover it up with a string of women?!"
"She said to cover it up, even if meant lying to the press and my fans."
"She has her own fans to keep in mind, Nick," I growl at him, ready to use my balled up fists to knock his skull in and make sure he doesn't get up.
"She knows and that's why she has a fan page and a personal one for each site she uses-Twitter, Myspace and Facebook."
I sigh, knowing why. If anyone knew about Karilyna and Katiana, I'd be in deep. Yes, I've been married since 2005 and have a 15 month old daughter. I'm sorry if nobody has informed you yet, but it's been under wraps this long and you have to keep this information to yourself because I'm trusting you as fans. I'm aware that Oshannie will most likely post this somewhere on the internet or she can have one of her friends do it under an alias, but I know fans of ours will read these memoirs as they are posted. We're all locked into secrecy contracts concerning our love lives and it's good for another 9 months for me. I haven't really been in the public eye like I had been with the group in years, since my first solo release in 04 and it's nice to be able to go about life like I'm kind of normal. "How much has the press uncovered?"
"That she's related to you, linked to me, linked to Justin, dated Lance and have been around us for so long."
"That she's pregnant and that it's your child."
"Speculating it's my child and that we're together."
"They will find out, they always do."
I shake my head slowly, releasing a very annoyed breath and flop back into the seat I had vacated minutes ago. "Both of our publicists are claiming that she's a close friend and that I'm just moral support."
"The media isn't dumb."
"I know." He kisses her knuckles and smooths her hair, rolling his eyes when his cell rings. "Hello? Hey, Brent. No, I'm at Tampa Gen until she's let go. No, premature labor scare. I'm not going out, B-dawg. She needs me here," he argues with his friend, pointing to the ground under his feet. "Nah, I'd rather be here for her. You can if you want. Later, man." He disconnects it, dropping the device on the bed and his head into his hands. He finally let go of her hand.

~~Early the next morning~~~
Someone knocking at her hospital room door wakes me from a dead sleep. "Hello?" a male voice softly greets, entering via tiptoe and puts a teddy bear on the table at her bedside.
"Who are you?" I ask.
"Oh, crap!" he calmly curses, jumping 15 feet in the air. "I'm Brent, Nick's friend since he moved here forever ago. You must be 'Oshai'."
He offers his hand to me and I smile inside, firmly shaking his hand. "Yeah, that's me."
I look over to see Oshannie's body pressed to Nick's her face hidden by his chest, his arms around her protectively and both of them sound asleep on her bed. He mutters in his sleep, she nuzzles her face against him and they sigh simultaneously before falling into a deper sleep. I wish I could control her emotional attachment to one person who's completely corrupted her and leaving it to her otherwise. She still loves Nick as if she had never broken up with him in the first place, although she's grown wise to his shenanigans and can prevent them most of the time. I just want her to not cave as bad as if she were truly with him. I can't stand that sort of thing, being emotional and showing it. Why did she decide on this situation?

Sitting in the hospital cafe with Brent, I look up from my plate of nasty hospital grade eggs and toast at him. "Do you know why she is allowing Nick to do this to her? To cheat?"
He sighs, looking very anxious. "Well, it's either he takes the compromise or she walks away for good, but you also have to remember it's like keeping the public out of your marriage and your child's life."
That's very much true, my personal life is totally different from my public image and that's okay by me. "But why do it the way they are?"
"It's their business and are under contract that he can't reveal that he has a child or that she is carrying his kid, considering that she's under a confidentiality contract concerning her relationship with him and 'any fruits it may bear'. It's how they explained it to me," he informs me shrugging about it.
"What about the fans that have already figured it out?"
"Good for them, neither of them will confirm nor deny any of the reports about the child being his. They confirmed her pregnancy, not their relationship or who the dad is. The contract is with Jive's legal team and it's to protect Nick and his career. Shit, she even has a publicist for this."
"What? Why?"
I'm confused as all hell. "Well, his manager is the one that pitched it and Jazz bit into it and it's sort of just fallen into place."
Kate (Katiana) walks through the cafe doors with Karilyna in her arms, her jet black hair pin straight and she walks over to the table. "Is she okay, Joshua?"
"She is now, Kate. They gave her some meds and stopped the contractions, but there's so much more I don't understand about the situation."
"That's good. What do you mean more to it that you don't understand?"
Lyna is asleep and I turn to thank Brent for talking to me, walking away with Kate. "She and Nick signed a contract stating that the public is not to have the relationship between them and anything that may come from it confirmed by either of their publicists through Jive. According to the public they're not together and the baby isn't his, but in his personal life what they do is the truth."
"Like us?" her chestnut colored eyes looking into my blues.
I nod, pulling her close to me. "But we're married and it only has to be for 9 more months, theirs is valid for 5 years after he's stopped recording and being in the public eye."
"There's always a catch 22," she reminds me, smirking. I love this tiny Japanese woman for a reason or ten, one being her brain. I kiss her lips and our little girl's slightly curly hair, turning to run to Oshannie's room.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story