Author's Chapter Notes:
Jeffry is what Jazz and Nick name their son.
I'm due in just over a week now and Oshai finally has all the details concerning the whole thing with JIve and whatnot, but I'm more worried about this 8 1/2 pound defenseless being inside of me than I am about a contract I had signed nearly 4 years ago. I know after another year I can release a tell all book or memoir about this and there will be no legal ramifications. The day it becomes null and void, it won't be hidden anymore. The world would know the absolute truth concerning this, everything from our relationship to the baby will be told about and I will make it all informed with all the necessary information in it. It's January 23, Nick's birthday is 5 days away and my due date is 12 days away. I hope this baby can wait just long enough to let his birthday come and go.

Today is his birthday and although I don't feel too great, I'm still out and about to finalize his surprise party at AJ's house. Ooooh, these contractions feel like they're going to rip me apart and I still have 8 days before my D day. I stop, close my eyes and take a deep breath to calm myself. "It's not time yet, little one," I whisper to my belly, holding it after the contraction ends. I speed walk to the Hummer and put the bags in the back, starting the engine before speeding away.
I notice some paps following me, but I decide to play it cool. I call Leighanne, afraid of not having a witness and even if it's just via audio. "Hey, Jazz."
"Leighanne, paps are trailing me and I'm on the way to AJ's to set up for Nick's-OW!-party."
"Sounds like contractions, too."
"Yeah, is it normal?"
"Are they come and go or getting worse over time?"
"Worse over time."
"Does anything help?"
"Nope and I've tried all the tricks you told me about."
"It might be the day."
"I'm not due for another week!" I shriek.
"It's okay, you can safely deliver the baby two weeks before or after and it's okay," she reassures me.
"Come to our house and I'll send Brian to get Nick, I'll stay with you."
"What about Bay?"
I begin breathing like she had told me to do through the Braxton-Hicks. "Brian will take him with him."
"His Kawasaki's?" I try to argue.
"Brian knows how to handle that, just get here. Where are you?"
"Ten minutes away."
"Stay on the phone, do not hang up for any reason."

I got there and she let me through the gate, immediately escorting me inside once she sees my tear stained face. "It hurts so bad, Leighanne," I whine when she lies me on my left side.
"I know, sweetie." She tells me, putting a cold cloth on my head. "Brian!"
I see his frazzled look and he looks at me. "It's said and done, hmm?"
"I think so."
"Baylee, let's go get Uncle Nick so he doesn't miss this," he says, grabbing what he's going to need for the 4 hour trip to Tampa and back while his heart breaker son gets his sneakers on.
"Okay, daddy, I'm ready."
Baylee is adorable, I don't care what you think. They leave and she has me walk around the downstairs, keeping pace beside me. I lean on the wall, facing it with my arms between my forehead and the surface when I hear the door open. I feel his hands on my hips, moving them side to side and he wraps his body around mine. He calls one person. "Yeah, my girlfriend is in labor and I don't know what to do." He's silent for a minute before hanging up. "I'm here."
"I've tried everything and nothing is working. The contractions are about 6 minutes apart."
"Sounds like we should get them to the hospital, honey," Brian comments.

Nick helps me into their car and soothes me the entire way to the hospital, calling Oshai to inform him of what's going on. We're quickly escorted to a private LDR suite and I'm being poked and prodded at by nurses and doctors, quickly pissing me off. "STOP TOUCHING ME!" I scream.
Nick grabs my hand and I bat at him, angry that I can't think for a second. "Baby, it's me."
I calm myself down and look at him. "It really hurts."
"I know, but you can't blame me for wanting to be right beside you and I did promise I would be."

A couple hours later, I'm sitting on the bed with him beside me and we look at our son in his arms. "He looks like you."
"He has your turquoise eyes," he comments, smiling.
"He has your face."
"He has your grin."
"He sleeps like you."
"Can we have another?"
"What? No, forget it."
"Why not?"
"One, I'm out of commission for a month and a half and two, after all that pain-you're nuts." He chuckles, hugging me to his side and placing a soft kiss to my temple.
Chapter End Notes:
The end has come to this story, but IDK if I want to continue this series. I might flip the script and give you readers a peek into JC's daily life post-nephew and will include Katiana and Karilyna. What do you think? Reviews please.

Completed
Kaotyk is the author of 47 other stories.

This story is part of the series, Trivial Times. The previous story in the series is Beginning Of An End. The next story in the series is Soul Searching.

You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story