That was a heavy conversation, too much info for me to digest later or quickly and I know why she feels like she has to rescue him, save him from himself. She's going to stay with him and go to his testing with him in Florida, going with him to Santa Monica after. While he waits for the answers, she won't leave his side and I figured this would happen. She's always loved him and it doesn't seem to wane with time, always having a broken heart protected by walls. I know all about his drug use, alcohol abuse and it's because Oshannie told me. I think there's more to it than she tells me. It's been 3 weeks and she's been in Fort Lauderdale, his second day of testing today. I hope it's nothing serious, but with all the stupid shit he's been doing the past few years...
I catch her on Facebook and IM her. 'Hey, Oshannie'
'Sup, bro?'
'How was the testing?'
'Boring'
'How are you and Nick?'
A couple minutes pass without an answer. 'Good :)'
'He's being good this time?'
'Josh! Of course he is.'
'He quit?'
'*sighs* not yet'
'How long til the results?'
'couple days...when I know u will'
'scared?'
'like you wouldn't believe'
'why?'
'I don't wanna lose him like this. devil monster death'
Devil means alcohol and money, monster is cocaine and death should be obvious. 'I know'
'how do i make him stop'
'idk'
'I love him'
'I know, always have'
'wdid?'
'^shrugs^ wish i knew'
'visit us in SM tomorrow, we fly out late 2nite'
'I will.'
'g2g, he got out'

She posted 'Now we pray it's nothing serious' and logged off.
I comment on it. 'In my prayers as always'.
Justin texts me and we make plans to hang tonight, my mind in turmoil from her whole situation. She's hell bent on saving him, he doesn't think he needs to be saved and she's right about it. I don't know what to do or suggest to her, but I know he better not lay a hand on her.

I drive to Justin's and knock on his door, Trace answers it. "JC's here, fucker!" he yells, leading me into the house after he closes the door. We greet each other in the kitchen and I look for his current flame, Jessica Biel.
"Where's she?"
"Jess went out with Bev and Kenz," he tells me. He means her '7th Heaven' castmates, she's been talking to them more since his tour ended six months ago. "So, what's up?" He tosses me a Smart Water and nods at me, an eyebrow rising.
"Nick went for the tests and they fly to Santa Monica tonight, I'm stopping in to say hi tomorrow."
"He's not going to stop hard partying."
Trace is looking back and forth between us, lost. "I'm confused."
"Yeah, the plane passed over your head again," Justin teases his childhood friend.
I sigh. "Jazz is with Nick again-"
"Nick fucking douche bag Carter?!" Trace shouts.
"Yeah, shorty," Justin sadly confirms, spinning his soda can on the counter and looks at me.
"Like I was trying to tell you, he's been tired alot and has had some sharp chest pains. She made him see a cardiologist for tests, now we hope it's nothing or for him to get better because I don't think she'd ever heal from his death. She's loved him for so long, it might just be a nasty cycle for her."
"Didn't she date Lance?" Justin asks.
"For just over a year, yeah."
"Where was I?" Trace questions.
"Hiding behind Justin after the 'Smarties' incident," I quip, giving him a creepy smile with evil eyes.
"You still haven't forgotten?"
"No way."
Justin clears his throat and we look at him. "Has she had a serious relationship between Lance and Nick?"
"No, J, she was dating around, but she had been more focused on herself at that time."


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story