The rest of Tay's summer, all of three days, was spent with Pookie and she was laughing, having a great time. I'm on my way to York, PA to see Pookie and have to fly back for the day before our show in Dallas, TX in 3 days, so I'm taking a 2 day vacation to see her. I'm also checking with my intel providers, the two A's on that tour and they tell me everything. I'm planning to spend some valuable time with her, some of which is to bond. It would figure that she'd call just after I finished checking in for my flight and the moment I hang up with Danielle. "Hey, Pook," I greet.
"Justin says you went MIA."
"Nope, just wanted to ride with the band to clear my head," I fib.
"Oh, okay. So how's your promo tour?"
"Crazy busy, too many interviews to count and the fans are nuts. You were right about them."
"Of course."
"How about the one you're controlling?"
"I want to kill AJ, Brian is funny, Kevin is the daddy, Howie immerses himself in music and is learning my job, Aaron is crazy hyper and Nick is just like Aaron and is great to me," she prattles off. "Dammit, I gotta go before Nick and AJ trap Aaron in the empty trashcan backstage. Talk later?" she hurriedly says, sounding like she's running to the emergency.
"Sure, talk later." I chuckle at the thought of Aaron being stuffed in a trashcan after I shut down my cell and hang up with her, shaking my head in disbelief. Nick is the older brother and AJ and Brian are usually willing accomplices in Nick's plots, but Brian draws a line when it comes to what he'd be involved in. AJ is in if he's annoyed with the victim or needs something to do, it just has to be funny to him. It's worse when I come out to see her, we all gang up on her and Aaron.
I get on the plane and fly to see her and the Boys and Aaron, surprising everyone. The flight is over before I know it and I'm meeting up with Gary. "Wassup, Gary?" I say, stepping beside him and smirking when he quickly turns to look at me.
"Oldman."
"Where to and is she awake?"
"No, she's taking a nap while the Boys and Aaron are in their pre-show interviews."
"Backstage?"
"Where else?"
"Good," I say evilly, rubbing my hands together and grinning because of the scheme that has come to my mind. The drive over is spent talking about how she's been and how smooth everything has been going.
"She has fought with him over some small thing, I think twice since you left last time."
"What about?"
"Hanging out with AJ and doing that 'shit' that he gets into."
I don't think he knows what it is or if he even wants to get involved in the matter. "What kind of 'shit'?" I press, curious.
"It's whatever AJ's been getting into when he goes to the club."
That's not a lot to go on, but we're at the arena they're supposed to play at tonight and I drop it as we get out. "I don't know a damn thing if anyone asks."
"Same here."

We walk in and I see AJ, sporting the same shades I've seen on him more and more since the group name got out there when they came back to the States. I might have an idea of what it could be and I pray I'm wrong. "Sup, Chris?"
He's hiding something. "Not too much," I reply, completing a handshake.
"Cool. Checking up on her?"
"Uhm, yeah."
"Why, Nick?!" I hear Pookie scream a few rooms down. "Really, why?"
"Follow the screaming, you'll find her screaming at Nick for hanging out with me late last night."
The sound of a body hitting a wall and a smashing glass object made the three of us run straight for the room, AJ leading the way. He tries the handle and it's locked, waving it away after he puts his ear to the door. "What?" I ask, short of breath.
"Trust me, you don't want to know."
"Prove it."
He leads us around the corner, putting it on speaker and dials Nick's cell number. "Unh-uh! Hello?" Nick answers the phone, softly growling after.
"You seen Cass?"
"We're-OH?-busy," he informs us.
"Okay, tell her to call Chris after you're all set."
"Mmm. I will." He hangs up and AJ smirks at me.

I pull my jaw back around the world and say what came to mind. "Were they fucking?"
AJ and Gary shake their heads. "You do know that she gave it up to Nick?"
"They have-" I stop midsentence, realizing what they were talking about, "Ohhhhhh!"
"Yeah, a ridiculous argument will start and she shoves him, he shoves her to a wall or something and they'll go at it like they're about to die."
"How often does it happen?"
"Too often and I'm starting to think that she starts it just for the sex," AJ comments.
"Are you doing anything to make him more aggressive than he has ever been?"


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story