Author's Chapter Notes:
It's the morning of the first show for the Second II None tour and the guys meet up at JC's house with 'Drya.
If there's one thing Justin and I know, it'd be that Cass isn't a huge name in the Hollywood game and that once she chases after everything, she would be the biggest name in this game of names. I know she's beautiful, her friends are just as breath-taking as she is and I feel nothing for them-they aren't her. She knows me better than I seem to know myself, calling my bluff every single time and I still think she and I should get together to see what would happen. It's not going to happen any time soon, she's far too wrapped up in Nick's menical grasp to even consider it and claims she loves him while I'm dealing with a slowly shattering heart. I still kick myself in the ass for hurting her how I had all those years ago.
It's now November 17, 1998 and almost Thanksgiving again. Time for family and friends, snow (depending on our location) and the second leg of the tour starts soon with Britney as an opener. Cass is supposed to come check out the rehearsals and from what I understand, Cass will spend from opening day till the week of Christmas with us on the road and that's nearly a month with her! Damn right I'm thrilled about spending a month between a huge sardine can on wheels and hotels with her day in and day out! I'm so psyched! Bonus? Opening night is TONIGHT! I'm up at 5:30 in the morning? What the fuck is wrong with me?!
Someone just had to text me as I try to fall back to sleep. I snag my phone from the bedside table and read it, discovering it had been Cass. 'Get up lazy ass. I should be there by 6:15a and we need to talk. Serious.'
I grimace, but hope it's tour related. I smell coffee and bacon, wondering who it could be before recalling that I had Lance crash here. "JC, are you getting up? Cass will be here in ten, fifteen minutes."
"I just got her text!"
"She sent a mass text to all 5 of us," he explains.
"You know what she wants to talk about?" I ask, getting a pair of basketball shorts on and heading downstairs.
"Not yet."
"Shit."
A knock alerts me that someone just arrived and I unwillingly pull myself to the front door, greeting a very sleepy trio of guys that I work with. We grumble our 'morning's to one another and all sit in the living room, not counting Joey who had slowly shuffled his half awake ass into the kitchen. He followed his nose. I grab my cordless and wait for her to call saying she's at the end of my street, having planned this out a month ago. A few minutes later she calls. "Morning, sunshine!" she greets me when she hears it pick up.
"Uuuuuhhhhh," I reply half asleep, looking at Justin and Chris passed out in my two moon chairs across the room from each other.
"Could you be so nice as to grant me access to your shit hole?" she teases.
"Maybe."
"Please, Josh?"
"I'm getting off my ass."
"Walking to the gate?"
"Yeah."
"Punching it in?"
"Yup."
Chris' old POS VW Rabbit whips through the gate, almost taking me out in the process and I see she had it redone since she's been back. "Sorry, didn't want crazed fans getting in," she explains as the gate closes and a couple cars of girls park outside it.
I look at them confused and groan. "Seriously? Who in their right fucking mind would be up at this time unless they have to work or go to school?" I ask her and she shrugs. I turn to the cars and motion for them to leave, growing agitated. "Go live your lives."
She follows me into my house and stops in the hall between the front door and kitchen, claps her hands three times before announcing that Lance has finished making breakfast. Justin and Chris hardly ever fly up out of bed for anything, not counting food. "First off, thanks for being here on time-asleep or otherwise. Lance, you e-mailed the schedule to everyone else this morning?"
"Yes, around 5:30 this morning," he confirms, setting plates with bacon, eggs, sausage, toast, pancakes and french toast in front of each of us.
"Thank you. I'm only on this tour until December 23. Am I clear?"
"Should we expect Nick to visit?" Chris asks.
"Only for 3 dates and I don't even know when."
"Good," Justin grumbles.
Her head snaps in his direction with a warning snarl on her face. "Watch it, I can put on on security lock down," she warns us all. "Here's the list of appearences that will be done over the course of this part of your tour." She hands a stack of papers to me and I take one, handing it to Chris after. It's all interviews, cameos, meet & greets, interviews and check in info. I hang my head because I see we have minimal free time. "It's promo circuit tour, deal with it."
"When do we have to be where tonight?" Joey asks.
"Orlando is tonight's show, but you need to be at the arena by 4 and then 6 other group appearences and one is a Yahoo chat just for Josh," she explains, all of us following along with the schedules in front of us.

Completed
Kaotyk is the author of 47 other stories.

This story is part of the series, Love Is A Confusing Emotion. The previous story in the series is Caught In The Middle, Always & Somehow. The next story in the series is Next Steps (Second II None).

You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story