Author's Chapter Notes:
Aaron is just getting into girls big time, but Tay is always at the back of his mind and he tries to stop thinking about her.
Aaron joined us in Kansas City, Jane sent him at Johnny's request after he'd had spent the day before with his sisters due to an upset stomach. Today is our, I mean their, Dallas show and it's seven in the morning. I'd gotten up twenty minutes ago, knowing that I don't see my aunt and cousin for just over 15 hours from now. I'll spend a week and a half here, Nicky and Aaron might possibly stay here before we head to Tampa. We just pulled into Texas and the bus breaks down, the 7 of us fly to Dallas from there with security. I thank my lucky clovers it happened ten minutes from the airport. I remember Penny saying that Lainey would be with friends to pick up that person's godmom from the airport we'd been landed in. "What was her name again?" Aaron asks, exiting the aircraft.
"Lainey."
He nods and watches a girl around his age, wearing a cowboy hat with jeans and a pair of boots, a tank top on. She has light auburn hair and my laugh, Aaron is glued. "Hey, Aaron! Let's go!" Johnny calls, everything loaded into the van and we take off for the hotel.

They rehearse and once Aaron's done, it's time for lunch. Johnny tells me to watch him until we return to Tampa, making him my responsibility. Aaron's easy to keep track of, for me he is. "Did you see that girl at the airport?"
"The one with the braids?" I smirk.
"Jeans, cowboy hat, pink shirt, cute smile, laughs like you, shades," he describes her better than I can. "You think I'll ever see her again?"
"Maybe." We eat our pasta and chicken, sipping on iced tea. He ceases all movement when he sees something behind me, quickly pushing his chair back and runs off. I turn to see him stop her, say something and she smiles without a word spoken to turn away. She leaves and he comes to sit back down, thinking. "What happened, kid?"
"I asked for her name and she smiled when her friend said she had to go," he slowly says.
"Maybe you'll see her later?"
"She has the most beautiful sun kissed skin," he smiles.
"Awww, guys, Aaron's got a case of puppy love!" I tease and he throws his napkin at me.
"Shut up, 'Drya!" he responds, blushing.

He opens for the Boys and spots her close to the gate, telling Gary to pluck her from there so she can join him on stage. He sings to her and they dance on stage. She has her hat on, a nice sundress and cowboy boots that match, all nice summery colors. He finishes up his set and heads backstage, this girl in tow. "Melissa, huh?" I hear him ask as he passes me.
"Door open, kid."
"Got it," he answers, winking.
I watch the rest of the show and the only ones backstage are us, security and 'Melissa'. Derek pops his head in to say a Lainey and a Penny are saying they're here to see me, signed backstage tags with 7 signatures on them. "Let them in," I say, waving him off. They come in and I smile, recognizing the other girl from the airport. "I'm Cassandrya," I greet them, offering my hand to them.
The woman with hair that reminds me of Chris takes it, shaking it. "I'm Penny and this is Lainey," she informs me with a smile.
"Hi," the girl waves, looking around me. "Lissa, you're so lucky! He pulled you up!"
"She's your friend?" I ask.
"Yes, since her mom and I were pregnant," Penny supplies.
"Where is her godmom?"
"Not feeling well, so Melissa asked if I'd be willing to take her mom's ticket and I agreed."
"Well, we saw them at the airport and Melissa caught his eye, got him sick with puppy love." I smile. "He asked for her name and she just smiled and walked away."
I look at Lainey, paying attention to details. Jeans, tank, boots and a cowboy hat that pull each other together. "I spotted you because you laugh like me."
"I didn't know I had your laugh," the girl admits, shyly.
"It's alright." Nicky wraps me in his arms and pulls me onto his lap, kissing my bare shoulder. "This is Nick, my boyfriend."
"Hi."
"That's Brian, Howie, Kevin, AJ," stopping long enough to see familiar long braids walk by, "and that's Fatima, she choreographs for these guys."
Fatima offers them warm hugs before racing out. "Nice to meet you!" she shouts, running down the hall. She's always doing something.

Nicky, Aaron and I follow Penny, Lainey and Melissa back to their house.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story