Author's Chapter Notes:
Inspired by JC's 'Drop The Ball'
I finish the lyrics for a song I've had swimming around my brain for so long, now it's off to put it to music in the room containing the piano, acoustic guitar and drums. I get a tune going in my head. "...I've been trying to get at you for you for like 7 years and you're still not here..." I sing quietly to myself. I painstakingly write it out and tuck it away until I feel the need to record it.

Almost 8 years of knowing her, 6 of them being me flirting with her and I did steal one kiss which I got slapped for. She's still with Nick more than two years later, sleeping with him for over a year and just as wrapped up in him as before, more than she had been with AJ. She does call and write us more often, visiting us when something big goes on for us-she's there for our birthdays, special performances, specific appearances, awards and some interviews. She's been there when we had a few photoshoots, making sure we didn't get hurt or too out of hand. When Justin broke his thumb, she was backstage and she tried to get him to go offstage to have it checked right away. He had been in too much pain to even realize she was even taking care of him, now he kicks himself in the ass for it.

"JC!"
I snap out of my thoughts and see Justin in the doorway, hands cupped around his mouth. "What's up, J?"
"Bobbi just got here and-"
"I'll be down once I put this away," I tell him, holding up my notebook.
"You got 'Drya on the brain again," he observes, his eyebrow curving upward.
I chuckle. "No," I deny, "I have sleep on the brain again."
We get to borrow her for our MTV appearance April 15 and again May 23 for our Disney special taping in Lake Buena Vista, Florida. She's co-managing us while single handedly managing her boyfriend's group. Johnny stepped down for a few months, if they didn't fire him. All the leganese they talk confuses me and it's usually about the thing about her other 'client band'.

We just touched down in New York City and as soon as we grab our bags, Chris is bulled over by a small girl with auburn hair who's talking in Spanish. I'd know that voice anywhere. "Let's get out of here before you're recognized. You have a security team to meet."
"What? Why?" I ask.
"The fans out here will do everything in their power to get a piece of you, they'll steal your nasty sweat soaked socks," she in forms us, letting out a 'ew' sound and making a face that speaks volumes of disgust.
"That's gross!" Justin exclaims.
"Why would someone do that?" Lance asks.
"No decency," Joey comments.
"They can have mine," Chris offers, earning a funny look from four of us and a scolding with a smack to his chest. "You can't damage the goods."
"You're family, off the clock doesn't count." She points to a van and we get in, Lance taking the passenger seat. "Good boys," she teases.
Justin takes the bait, growls and barks playfully. "Justin, you're an idiot," I groan, earning a laugh from her as she starts the van.

She drives us to our hotel and we've been in traffic since we got three streets away from the airport. "Any new acts for you to tend to?" Lance asks.
"Let's see, there's Britney and Christina, Justin and JC," she announces with a smirk, watching us via the rearview mirror and I smile. "Aaron, a couple others."
"Have you run into any old friends?"
She made a lot of friends while going to Julliard and she sometimes runs into them randomly. "I recently met Devon Sawa, Ginna's boyfriend that she met through a co-star of his."
"Nice," I comment sarcastically.
"Who's he?" Justin asks.
"He played the actual Casper in the movie near the end, he danced with Christina Ricci," she informs us. "I get to meet Erik Von Detten tonight, we have plans to hang out."
"Is that wise?" Joey asks.
"JoJo, remember AJ's black eye?"
"What black eye?"
I turn to face him. "The day she called him 'wetdick'."
"Oh, that bloodshot mess!" he shouts.
"I think I can kick the kid's ass if need be."
"When do you see Nicky?" Chris taunts.
"First off, go screw a knot and second, I see him again in Tampa the 17th. I have to finish something up here in the city before I fly back late the 16th."
"So you land in the early morning?" Justin asks.
"Yes, he's picking me up at the airport."

"Are you still going to come to the Disney taping?" I ask.
"Yes, Nicky will be there as well and I've already told him to be nice."
"He doesn't bother me as much as AJ."
"JC, anyone that's not you and being with me bothers you." Talk about calling my bluff!

Once we got to the hotel, she disappeared to go meet that kid and we heard them walk to her room. I go to one of our security guys. "What's your name again?"
"Lonnie," he tells me.
"Does she have a walkie?"
"Yes."
"Did he look suspicious at all?"
Lonnie lets out an exasperated sigh. "I didn't think it would be this bad," he mutters. "I know about your history with her, but he didn't look suspicious at all."
"Can you make sure she's okay?"
"Her door is open a bit, you check on her."

I walk over and push the door open to find the two of them bumping shoulders while playing a game, talking shit with the radio playing softly. "You're going down Von Detten!"
"No way, Jay!"
Her bottom lip curls over her top one and she furrows her brow, jabbing the controller buttons with expertise. "WHOO! I win," she cockily announces, spotting me. Her eyes have fire in them. "What do you want, Chasez?"


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story