I have this feeling that something's off with Pookie, mom might know why. I call her and we head to Orlando tomorrow, flying down there will be fun. I roll my eyes and think of what could make her so nervous about talking to me. We all have cell phones now, even her. Hers is covered by Johnny for the time being. She's been acting pretty strange and secretive, it's been just over a month since she's started being awkward on the phone. I will find out why.

We just landed in Orlando and I know she and Nick are staying at Howie's, planning on being there for our show tomorrow. I dial Howie's number and he answers it pretty quickly. "Hello?"
"Hey, D. Is 'Drya around?"
"Yeah, she and Nick are being lazy bums. They've taken over my couch and TV," he tells me, laughing a little.
"Good. I have to talk to her, but don't tell her I'm coming."
"Okay. See you soon."
We hang up and I smile at the car rental worker. "Thanks."
I jump into the silver Camry and head for Howie's house, having told the guys I had to talk to her alone. I said that if anything was going on, I'd let them know.

I pull up and get out, knocking on Howie's door. I hear her laugh coming closer to the door. "Whatever, N-" The smile drops from her face and she whirls around on her heel, mad as hell. "HOWIE! VOY A PATEAR EL CULO!"
She's mad enough to beat the shit out of him. "I need to talk to you," I tell her, entering his house and closing the door behind me.
"You have to tell him," I hear him harshly whisper to her in the kitchen as I step through the door frame.
"I'm not ready to tell him, we don't even know," she argues.
"You had it last month, so I doubt it. He's your family."
"We haven't even told Bob," she explains, pointing behind her.
"Still, you told your aunt, but not Chris? Why?" He points at me.
"Tell me what?" I demand, leaning against the wall by the doorway.
She spins to face me, fear in her honey drops and Nick walks by me. He grabs a root beer and kisses her, standing behind her. "Baby, you knew we wouldn't be able to keep it from him for too long."
"I didn't want him to know until we knew."
"We have it in our room, go take it and find out."
"But she said to wait until after the one coming up."
"Baby, it's either that or tell him it's a possibility."
She sighs, defeated and goes up to her bedroom. She reappears with a foil wrapped item, it looks about the size of a pregnancy test and I look at Nick. "You can either tell me now or I can kick your ass," I threaten him.
He shifts his weight, nervous. "I may have gotten her pregnant and we were hoping to keep it under wraps until after we knew."
"How could you be so irresponsible?" I growl.
"We got caught up in the moment and we both forgot about using protection."
"After this long? I thought it'd be habit by now."
"We've been more cautious since."
"Enlighten me," I demand.
"She's going on the pill, we use condoms."
I nod and she puts the test in the center of the counter on a paper plate. "Now we wait a few minutes," she informs us, standing in front of him again and he holds her. She buries her face in his chest, the three of us watching the result appear oh so slowly.
I'm holding my breath, glancing between Nick holding her and rubbing her back and Howie completely focused on the test. "If she's pregnant, you better have plans to take care of her and the baby," I warn him.
"That's what we had planned."
"She asked the one question in case it happened?"
"Last year in Canada."
"We watched a young mom introduce her infant son to the snow and he said he'd take care of me and his child if I were to get pregnant," Pookie informs me.
I spot some ink peeking out from the top of her jeans as she turns to look at me, her left hip to be exact. Howie releases the breath he'd been holding, meaning she's not pregnant. "She's not, is she?" Can you really blame me for wanting it confirmed?
"It's negative," Howie confirms.
"On to the next subject, that tattoo on your hip, little girl."
"I'm of age to get one," she turns on me, jabbing my shoulder with the Kirkpatrick death finger.
"Not what I meant. What is it?"
She explains her ink and calls my mom, informing her that the test said negative. She tells her I know because I'm here and knows everything that's just happened. She hangs up and calls her friend Ginna, the one girl JC slept with in Germany besides Nikki and Bobbie. Bobbie is such a bitch sometimes. By the time I realize that she's off the phone, she's finished her short rounds of phone calls and is kissing Nick feverishly. "You see what I put up with when they're together in a private setting?" Howie quips.
"Yeah, but what's more important-their happiness or your career?"
"Happiness, but is she down for the ride?" he points out.
"Good point, but she has a good head on her shoulders."
"She does and I think that's why she's able to keep us all grounded so well."
"Definitely." I look at them again because she giggles and I know he said something to make that beautiful sound escape her. "Okay, okay. I get it, you're happy you're not pregnant and you need to save the PDA you two are choking me with for later when you're alone in your room."
"Nice speech, 'Lan, but we're celebrating a lucky hand."
"This time," Howie says, pointing at the counter. "What about next time?"
"There shouldn't be one till we're older and ready," Nick tells him.
"What if she does get pregnant with your kid?"
"Like I told Chris, I'd take care of her and any kids I have with her."


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story