I really like Aaron and 'Drya set up that I join her on the road, seeing as Aaron is touring with her boyfriend's group again. Mom said I could take a week off school to go see my cousin and then go to NYC to see Chris perform! I'm about to board my flight to Zaragoza, Spain to see Aaron and 'Drya, I'm antsy with excitement. "International flight 957 non stop to Zaragoza, Spain is now boarding."
"Bye, mom." I hug my mom.
"My baby is getting so big!" Great, she's crying and won't let me go.
"Mom, they called my flight!" I whine, jiggling around and try to wriggle out of her grasp.
She sniffles and stands up, releasing me. I kiss her cheek and run for the plane, imaptient to get there. I settle in and I know mom will be on the phone with my cousin in less than an hour, crying that I'm on a plane that's going to fly over the Atlantic Ocean to see her. I won't doubt that she'll not only calm mom down, but convince her that I'll be just fine as she laughs on the inside. I'm out of my mind overjoyed that I get to see Aaron, but then I realize if 'Drya and Nick could make it work... Never mind that momentary taste of insanity.

I exit the aircraft with my single bag, looking for 'Drya or someone else I recognize and a hand taps my shoulder. I spin around to see 'Drya with a Mountain Dew cap and aviators disguising her, a big guy a few feet from her. "That's just Kent, pay him no mind."
"I heard that, little one."
"Yeah, yeah." She giggles and we head for the van, her cap resting on her lap while her shades end up on top of her head.
I look at her sitting up front and see that she has new ink peeking out from the top of the right side of her tank top, but that she's stressed out. "What's on the planner?"
"We have 3 hours before Aaron gets on stage and four when it comes to the Boys, so we have to go straight to the arena. You get to drop in on their rehearsals."
"Is Aaron there?"
She turns in her seat to look at me, a smirk on her lips and her honey drop eyes are tired and a bit dull. I can still see the love she has for Nick, that hasn't faded. "You still like him. How long has it been since you saw him last? Or talked to him?"
"I saw him at your Christmas bash, a couple hours the day after. I heard from him last the night before last via e-mail."
She smiles and sits back against the seat again, facing forward. "You've kept in touch pretty well over the past few months."
"Does he talk about me?"
"When the press isn't around, yes."
I smile like she does when Nick is with her or on the phone with her. "Mom says I shouldn't worry about him."
"She says that because she doesn't want you to be like I was with Alex."
"Speaking of him, are you talking to him again?"
"I manage them, but I do talk to him as a friend and we don't hash up the past."
"Has Nick done anything sweet?"
"When doesn't he?"
We pull up to the place they're performing at tonight and get out, my bag over my shoulder. "True. Did you tell him?"
"Nick knows, but nobody else does."
"Chris and the guys taped their new video."
"I know, 'Tearin' Up My Heart'. They stopped in to say hi?"
"Yup, he asked why you don't talk long anymore."
"I'm managing the Boys full time and it's so time consuming."
"I guess it makes sense."
"I also manage Aaron and co-manage Chris and the guys."
"True, true."
"Shhh, I only told Nick, so shhhh," she whispers, holding a finger up in front of her lips vertically.
I go ninja and we walk in silence to Nick's dressing room, getting there flawlessly. I love how 'Drya and I have conversations that just flow the same this one had, on a regular basis on top of that. I know you'd expect her and Molly to be as close than her or I had dreamed of being with each other, considering she's 18 and I'm around half her age while Molly is just over 2 years older than 'Drya. I set my bag behind the standing curtain and flop down onto the loveseat, audiably sighing. "He's missed you, too," Nick informs me, leaning back on the counter behind him. He smiles at her and she blushes with a grin.
"How do you do that? It's just it's been over 2 years and you still make her blush with one glance or smile," I voice.
"I don't even know, but I like it." He shrugs, wiggling his nose at her and she lets out a giggle. She's like a school girl with him, but they're happy together and I don't think they've had any problems.
"He's the only one that gets to me the way he does," 'Drya admits, pulling her lips inward and she slowly glances in his direction to catch him watching her with a soft grin because of the set up of the room. Okay, the couch I'm on is pressed against the wall to the left when you come in, sitting against the wall that runs from the door to the right corner is the loveseat she's on and the counter is a corner one and it's sort of like corner cabinet thing. There's a name for it and I'm sure of it, but not sure what it is. It's triangle shaped and he's leaning on it, turning my older cousin who loves him like crazy into a giggling little school girl.
I guess I'm sort of like that and it's only when it comes to Aaron. My hair has tiny braids in it, kind of mixed in and I knew I'd be seeing him today. I have on a multi ocean shade dress and black flats, my hair curled slightly. A knock alerts us to move fast and I quickly tiptoe into the bathroom soundlessly. "What's up, bro?"
"When is this done? When can I go home?"
"You're here until we are, April 24th or something. What's up?"
"Oh, nothing." I hear Aaron's feet scuff the floor and I hear my mom scolding me for that habit I had a couple years ago.
Nick chuckles softly. "Come in here, you know it's all between us."
No, Nick! Fail! "Uh, okay."
I hear him drop onto the couch, Nick's feet shuffling quickly by the bathroom door. "What's eating you up?"
"It's just I like this girl and I dunno how to tell her, especially when I see her," he sighs.
"Just be yourself and it'll come out naturally. Keep in mind you might not have the feeling returned, don't ever doubt a girl," he encourages him, pushing him to tell that girl how he feels.
"What do you mean, Nick?"
"I doubted Cassie would ever give me a chance, that she hated my guts and that my pranks were out of cruel intentions."
"You got her, though."
"I'm telling you that girls are unpredictable if you don't know them well enough."
"Are all girls like that?"
Nick shifts his weight, snickering. "More than you know, few and far between aren't."
"Hey!" 'Drya exclaims.
"Baby, you're one of the few and far between," Nick reminds her.
"Mmm," she hums.
"Trust me, tell her and see what happens. Same way I told her for, I wanted to know what would happen and now we've been together since."
It's quiet for a few minutes before I here Gary tell Aaron he needs to be on stage for a run through in five, escorting him out. "Thanks, Nick." He shuts the door and Nick knocks on the wall, signaling it's safe to come out.

During the show, I had been in the second row and he did great. I get backstage and wrap my fingers around his, making him jump. He quickly recovers within a fraction of a second after his eyes land on me, throwing his arms around my shoulders and pulls me into one of  his tight hugs. "Tay!" he shouts as he jerks me to him, muttering about missing me.
"Missed you more."
"I'm so happy you came! How long?"
"Same here," I softly tell him, hugging him as tight as he is me and giggle for a moment. I told you I get like 'Drya is with Nick! "Two weeks with 'Drya."
"Where will that bring us to?"
"Orlando," I smile at him.
"Really?" He's so cute when he gets excited and his eyes light up like this.
"Yeah, until May 4th or so."
He jumps in the air, fist toward the sky and smiling. "YES!" he cheers happily.
I take a deep breath and smile at his reaction, hooking my hands together behind me. "I have to wait for summer vacation after this before I see you again."
"Yuck!"
"It's just a little more than a month," 'Drya assures him, walking over with a walkie attatched to her palm and ruffles his hair as she passes.
"How does she do that?" he asks as fast as he can, pointing in her direction behind him.
"She's been like that for as far back as I remember."


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story