Author's Chapter Notes:

Thanks to Lance's card game, they all tell eachother what has been going on with them, and they each find out that they were all meant to be together.

Sorry for the long update..

“No freakin way, no way your parents did that.” Justin told JC.

 

“Oh they did, they want me to do so much for them, and if they did I got sent to bed without supper, which is why I always used to sneak back out, I was hungry, so I went down the street to get a slice of pizza, came back, and they didn’t even notice I was gone.” JC explained.

 

“That’s like my parents though, only mines are a bit softer.” Joey told them. “I like to go out clubbing, and one night, I brought this girl home, we were dead-beat drunk, and we were going at it. My parents walked in on us, well, my dad was the one, and he completely went berserk. He was yelling at me and he offered to drop the girl off home, but he didn’t finish with me yet. He told me is this what I wanted to be for the rest of my life, and I just cursed him out, I ran out of the house that night, and I went to sleep behind an alley, and I stayed there until my parents went to work the next morning.” He explained, his voice cracking a bit.

 

“Oh Anthony, that is just sad.” Jean replied.

 

“It’s alright, tell me what’s your story?”

 

“She doesn’t have any sort of problems, she’s a princess, and not rough and tumble like us.” Chris mocked.

 

“Shut up Alan, I’m actually tired of being little miss rich girl, every morning is the same thing, I have a routine, I can’t do anything at my house, people do stuff for me, and its really annoying, my mom wants me to become some sort of beauty queen, I hate that stuff, what I really like to do is break down my barriers and sing, but she keeps saying that singing doesn’t get you anywhere, its driving me crazy!” Jean let out an aggravated sigh and threw a pencil across the room.

 

“You like to sing?” JC asked, suddenly getting interested.

 

Jean nodded.

 

“How bout you Christina?” He said turning to her.

 

“Oh, I like to sing, me and Jean were talking about it earlier, we are both in the same music class.” She responded.

 

“You’re in the music class too?” Justin asked.

 

The girls nodded, “yeah we just have different blocks.”

 

“I’m on the first block.” Justin said, “anyone else in the music class?”

 

“I’m in Piano IV.” JC said simply.

 

“Piano IV?!” Everyone gasped and turned to him.

 

“What?” His cheeks suddenly pink with embarrassment.

 

“Dude, you have to be really good to get into that class.” Chris replied.

 

“Yeah you have to play like “Mozart” or something to get in.” Justin added.

 

“I know.” JC said, his expression still the same.

 

“Why aren’t you excited about it?” Jean said.

 

“There’s a piano in my house, and my parents don’t let me use it, they think that I might break it or something, and so when they are not home, I play on it, and it really fascinates me, I even wrote my own songs, but nobody knew about it, I just realized that you guys are the only ones that I know about it.” JC said quietly.

 

“That’s amazing!” Christina beamed.

 

“How bout you Alan, you have a musical interest?” Justin said, turning to him.

 

“Blowing my nose.” He joked.

 

That sent out a laugh.

 

“No, I’m serious, do you?”

 

Chris nodded, “I have no music class, but I do have a guitar in the attic at my house that I also play when my parents are out getting drunk, it’s the only time that I feel like I’m someone, and not something. I actually sing sometimes too, but I’m not the best at it.

 

Christina stared at him for a moment, maybe he wasn’t such a bad guy after all, sure he had a criminal streak, but inside, he was actually really nice, and she didn’t know why, but she was beginning to fall for him.

 

Justin then told his story about how his dad, wants him to play basketball, and to have a career off of it, he said he may be interested in it, but he also likes to have a career in music, maybe pop or hip-hop.

 

Lance was the last one for his story, he was a born and raised country boy, his dad wanted him to be a farmer; and to stay there, and he said that he didn’t want to be in his father’s footsteps, so he got up and left the farm and went to live with his grandmother, who he loved dearly. He was in theatre class.

 

“Wait a minute, you’re in theatre class?” Joey asked.

 

Lance nodded, “Yeah I have it for the last block.”

 

“Me too.” He replied, in fact, that was the only place where he can get away and be free of his troubles at home.

 

“What block you have it?” Lance responded.

 

“Block four.” Joey added shuffling the cards once more.

 

It’s funny that they were telling eachother their own stories about their lives, in which Lance has wanted, he didn’t like to see people arguing, and he felt that this bunch could prove that they can overcome whatever trouble they have been having, it felt really nice, cause it was actually the first time, that they were all smiling.

 

“Tell you what, how do you think we sound if we sing all together?” Chris said.

 

“Just us guys?” Justin replied.

 

“Yeah, I think the girls could sing solo, but we’ll check first.”

 

“Ok, so what do we sing?” Lance added, putting the cards back in the box.

 

“How bout the Star-Spangled Banner, that seems simple enough.” JC told them.

 

The guys remained sitting on the floor, while Jean and Christina watched.

 

When they all sang, something magical was in the air, they sang like professionals, from beginning to the end, it was like they were meant to sing together, when they finished, the room was so silent that you can hear a pin drop.

 

“Wow.” Christina gasped.

 

“Wow is right!” Jean whispered, “You guys sound amazing!”

 

“We may be onto something here guys.”  Joey responded with a grin.

 

“Alright girls, your turn, let’s see what you got.” Justin said, turning to them.

 

It was Christina singing the national anthem, and she had a voice, it was breathtaking.

 

“Did that come out of you little girl?” Chris asked, his mouth open in shock.

 

Christina nodded, suddenly feeling very shy.

 

“That was great!” Jean asked.

 

“It was Jean’s turn to sing, her voice was melodic and soothing, like a lullaby, it wasn’t powerful like Christina’s, but her voice was just as good as hers.

 

“Your voice reminds me of a spring festival or something.” Lance said.

 

“It’s beautiful.” JC replied.

 

Jean felt her cheeks grow hot, nobody said that her voice was beautiful, sure, her teachers said it, but not her fellow peers, JC was still staring at her, then suddenly looked away and looked at his clock.

 

“Hey, we have two hours left.”

 

“That’s good, so what are we gonna do, are we gonna see eachother again, cause I consider you guys my friends, and I don’t want to go back to that old lifestyle.” Chris explained.

 

“It doesn’t have to be.” Christina said with a smile.

 

“Oh and guys, my name is not really Jean.” She said.

 

“It’s not?” Chris asked.

 

“No, it’s Britney, Britney Spears, Jean is just my middle name, I just used it, cause I didn’t know you guys well, so I figured, I should be honest here.”

 

“Britney Spears? I like it, it has a nice little ring to it.” JC smiled.

 

Chris cocked his eyebrow and chuckled a bit, “It’s funny, cause I also used my middle name.”

 

“You mean, your name is not Alan?” She asked.

 

“No, that’s my middle name, my real name is Chris, Chris Kirkpatrick.”

 

“Same here.” JC said, with a wave of his hand, “my middle name is Scott, my real name is Josh Chasez, but you can call me JC, it fits better.”

 

Then it was Justin’s turn to laugh.

 

“What about you Randall?” Chris joked.

 

“I hate that middle name.”

 

“What?” You too?”

 

“Just call me Justin, Justin Timberlake.” He grinned.

 

“I’m Joey Fatone” Anthony is my middle name.

 

“Wow, so you all were just going by your middle names?” Lance added.

 

They all nodded.

 

“Well, in that case, I’m Lance, Lance Bass.” James is my first name, but I like Lance better.”

 

“Bass? As in the instrument or the fish?” Chris joked.

 

They all laughed, and were thinking who was gonna write the essay.

 

“We don’t all have to write it, just one of us could.” Britney replied.

 

“What was the essay about again?” Justin said scrunching his face.

 

“It was something that why we were in detention and all that crap.” Joey added.

 

“Well, I’ll write it then.” JC took a sheet a paper and started to write what he thought about today and why they were all in detention.

 

 

Chapter End Notes:
I think the next chapter is my last one.. :) I hope its okay..


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story