Author's Chapter Notes:
This is the first time 'Drya catches wind of Sam from evryone but JC, what will her reaction be?
Okay, I know cheating won't get me anything I may want and I honestly don't care because I'll always love him. Chris and I have sat up time and time again talking about this, proving that it would not only end my relationship but his as well  and neither of us can explain why it happens to Nick and I. It all comes down to the matters of the heart, forever in love with one another regardless of how hard we try to move on. It's sort of like Oasis's song 'Wonderwall' and I just can't seem to let him go.
I'm in my office here in the LA branch of Jive and can't seem to focus on the papers in front of me, knowing that every project Nick, Justin, Aaron and whomever else I'm managing gets into has to cross my desk for approval prior to release. I release the breath I've been holding in a huff of air and sign off on Aaron and Nick's upcoming tours, wondering when I'm going to meet their newfound cousin and Josh's new girlfriend. I still have yet to even talk to her, hear her voice or even see a photo. I log onto my Facebook and Twitter pages, finding that JC and Nick have posted new photos and I click on the links to look at her face. Nick also posted videos of him, Aaron, Josh, Justin her and three small kids running around in Nick's yard and swimming in his pool. He made sure there wasn't any audio other than laughter and I can't blame him, they seem to be so happy without media involvement. I go to the next video and it has audio because it had been sent via personal message on FB, so I hear her call Josh by his name and not his stage name. "Josh, no, no, please don't," she begs him, hands up to defend herself as she backs away from him and I see a super soaker in his hands.
Nick laughs, coming into the shot. "It's not that cold, chicken."
"Buh-kaw!" she retorts. "I know the water that comes from the hose is ice cold, I'm not dumb. Nick, you've squirted me with it!" she argues, pointing to something outside the shot and Aaron chortles, the camera jiggling. Josh squirts her with it and her back archs as the stream of frigid water cannects with her back, prompting her to scream. Aaron points to a water gun with a backpack attachment, I'm going to assume that it's been filled ahead of time like they always have done and laugh when she runs over to it to slip it on and take aim at Nick and Josh. "Bazinga!" she screams, her kids throwing water balloons at Nick and Josh and avoid hitting Aaron because he obviously has the camera.
They have a water fight and half way through it, Aaron skillfully hands the camera to another woman before joining the festivities. They all laugh and I catch short glimpses of her face, hear her laugh and they call her kids Leilei, Kal and Little Man. Josh grabs her around her waist and spins the two of them around, landing with her under his khaki short clad body. I see he's toned up and is a bit more graceful than he had been before, I think it may be be because of her. She smiles at him and he kisses her, pulling her to sit on his lap as he positions his legs to be able to sit cross legged in the grass. He caresses her face and the little girl jumps on Josh's back, essentially ruining the romantic moment. He pulls her around his body to sit between him and the woman he seems so in love with that's on his lap, tickling the child mercilessly. The two little boys join the tickle fest and they all laugh, Nick grabbing the bigger boy and Aaron grabbing the smallest while Maile takes hold of the little girl.
The three pairs of people leave the shot, leaving Josh and this girl he calls 'beautiful alane' or however it's spelled and I actually feel happy for him while also wanting to be protective and cautious about this woman and her kids being in his life. I text Nick and he willingly tells me her social security number and name, everything I need to do a backgtround check on her to come up with no record and sucky credit scores. Her bills are all up to date, she's employed by a temp agency and is in the midst of a nasty divorce. From the looks of it all, it looks like she fought to get what she has and refuses to depend on Josh for anything but love and happiness. She has her own place, all the bills in her name and all that he provides is secondary cell phone service to ensure she's easily reachable.
I sigh, coming up twice as empty handed as he's happy and I admit my defeat. She's even paying off her old bills somehow. She is an honest member of society and is taking care of her small children on her own with her paycheck, putting her songs out there to be seen by possible artists. It's just a week before the VMAs and from what Aaron and Nick have been telling me, Josh is planning on bringing her to another show. Justin confirms via IM that the girl I had seen him with at the MTV Movie Awards is the same girl, just glammed down and they acted like they were in love then. All that info means now is that she could care less about his status and she treats everyone one around her as if they are just normal people who had been given an extraordinary chance, taking it and running with it to experience the fruits it had bore or is bearing. She expect only the priceless things and I now have confirmation that she should present at the VMAs.

Josh had wanted a low key birthday celebration this year, sharing a get together with us the following weekend because of his new 'interest' as Justin and the other guys had explained and I found out that it was due to a woman giving a small celebration at her place. First person that had come to mind had been Tara, but I had been wrong on many levels and I guessed a few more times just to find out that I couldn't be further than the truth. I have a lunch with Tyrese about this new song he and Bow Wow want to record, it being in Jive's archive with a name on it I don't readily recognize, but they say they've had the pleasure of meeting previously through Josh and that the author has many hidden talents besides Nick putting the songs in the files over the past few weeks. Hell, I've read the pieces he's added to the cache we have and they're amazing, the only thing I want to know is who in the fuck is Kaotyk Charpentier!

Completed
Kaotyk is the author of 47 other stories.

This story is part of the series, Love Is A Confusing Emotion. The previous story in the series is Next Steps (Second II None).

You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story