Boston, Massachusetts and it's time for insanity because that press conference had been to announce they have an extra concert at Fenway. I won't be here because I have to leave to help Aaron prep for his mini tour tomorrow afternoon. JC has been texting me about his new flame and Nicky's been texting his new cousin. He laughs that annoying laugh he does sometimes, being in this confined room doesn't help and Lauren has flown to LA for something or other. Never had to worry about something like this before, but I haven't met this cousin and I hear she's sleeping with JC. My cell rings and I answer it, it's Aaron. "Hey, kid."
"The tour has been put on hold for a few weeks, family emergency."
"You've cleared this with upper management, maybe Johnny?"
"No, I was hoping you'd do that."
"Hell no, you do it," I fire back.
"Tour will begin as planned."
Little did I know that this was about their cousin, they won't tell me why.

I fly out to see how Aaron's holding up under the pressure, making sure he's prepping for his mini tour and see him working his ass off. He's in the dance hall building at the compound and really focused, singing 'Swagged Up'. It's smooth, almost flawless and the third verse is when he trips up. "Fuck!"
"Kid, take a break," I advise him, handing him his red Gatorade.
He takes his shirt off and wipes his face with it, breathing heavily as he approaches me. He hugs me and I pretend to be grossed out by it, he laughs. "Thanks for still coming," he says, taking the bottle.
"I'm co-managing your ass, I had to come. Johnny about?"
"He said something about a phone conference meeting with Jive."
I lead him over to the back wall, surrounded by mirrors and talk about anything he wants to discuss. It helps him focus better and takes a weight off his chest, somehow it always leads us down memory lane. "The worst holiday was the first one I was dating your brother," I groan.
"Mom was a bitch, the rest of us were glad just see him happy." He looks at me and smiles. "He told me this morning that he misses when you guys had been together, it's when he was happiest."
This is how I begin to feel guilty, how he and I end up hooking up and we both feel bad after. I'm not going to hear it. "Every time someone has ever started this conversation and I see him next, we end up in a sticky situation. It's even more so since Paris."
"Has he cheated on Lauren?"
"That doesn't concern you."
"No fucking way! When?"
"Last time you and Ange said he missed me," I tell him.
"That was three months ago, wasn't it?"
"Yeah, and the sad part is, neither of us felt better during it and we also felt bad after."
"Didn't he disappear for a weekend around that time?"
"He was with me."
I take a quick glimpse of Aaron, his mouth open and a look of shock on his face. "Is that why he'd take off after we'd say something about him missing you?"
"I would try to talk to him on the phone, on Facebook, on twitter, via email, text and any other way I could think of so we wouldn't be alone anywhere."
"You two have always had a strong attachment," he shrugs off. "I don't see him marrying anyone but you. I can't count how many times I'd seen you and him kiss before you got together," he confesses.
"Jerk!"
"Hey, at the time, I believed you and mom and my grandmoms were the only girls that didn't have cooties," he defends, pointing a finger in my face and flicking his finger down the tip of my nose.
I give him an annoyed look. "As true as that may be, it doesn't help that you almost blabbed to AJ, Kevin, Brian and Howie."
"About you two hooking up and being serious?"
"No, about us being active."
"Ooooohhhhhh, that," he chuckles nervously, "I saw you two going at it and didn't know what was going on or why you were moaning."
"I was more worried about Brian, Kevin and Howie knowing; AJ had known since the morning after our first time."

I make sure Aaron's on track and fly back to watch over the NKOTBSB tour, Nick greeting me. "I miss you."
I close my eyes and fight my emotions, my desire. He's always been my true weakness, my best friend and the one person I'd give everything up for.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story