I can't believe I get to see Bryn after a few years, Lauren's out of town for the week alone with her and Cassie. I know for a fact I got enough love. I miss Bryn, but nothing would happen, not while I'm straight. Cassie slept the whole flight, stayed awake just long enough to get in the car and went back to sleep. We're pulling up to my house. "Cassie, we're here."
"Date?"
"August 8."
She grabs her bag and pulls out her cell. "Happy birthday, jackass." Shit, JC's birthday. I shoot off a happy birthday text and leave it at that. "No way. You did not. Shit. No. Just got in town. Raincheck. Bed."
"What's wrong?" I ask, but she just shakes her head.
She hangs up and we go inside. I check my voicemails, nothing. I look around and pick up the cordless handset, quickly dialing Ange's number. "Hey, Nick," Bryn greets me.
"Anything exciting happen while I was out of town?"
She giggles. "I wish."
"Couldn't have been that lame."
"Oh, it was."
"C'mon, it's LA!"
"Get some sleep, I'll be over tomorrow."
"Yeah, yeah."
"Bye."

I look at Cassie and see she's entirely engrossed in rapidly tapping away at the keys on her cell phone, firing off texts as fast as she gets them. Her face is contorted in annoyance and frustration. "Cassie, let's get some sleep," I suggest.
She looks up at me and sighs, exhaustion adding to her emotional state. She powers down her phone, grabs her charger and leads the way to my room. With her phone plugged in and two towels set up, she heads for my bottom drawer in the back of my closet to grab my Marino jersey and a pair of sexy booty shorts. I lay on my bed and fold one arm under my head, resting my other arm across my stomach. "Shower," she demands.
"I'm too tired."
I'm facing my closet, not my bathroom. She walks across the few feet to the bed, struts across the mattress and when I look at her pulling on my free hand I realize she's naked. "Come on, Nick." She glares at me. "I'll start calling you 'Nicky' again."
"You wouldn't dare, you know that annoys the fuck out of me-we established that 14 years ago," I tell her.
"So?" Her eyebrow raises and she looks at me defiantly. She's older, but she definitely has the girlfriend thing down to a science and that includes being mine. I know we're not dating.
"Don't."
"Nicky."
She's bold. "You know it pisses me off," I warn her.
"Nicky, Nicky, Nicky, Nicky, Nicky, Nicky, Nicky, Nicky, Nicky, Nicky, Nicky, Nicky!" she rapidly shouts, running for the shower and giggling.
I know she does it to piss me off, it usually helps her get her way and I admit chasing her is fun. I roll off the bed, walk across it in three big steps and go into the bathroom. She's already started the shower. "Why do you have to be a pain in my ass?"
"Get in here."
"Answer my question."
"Cuz I can, Nicky."
"Cassie."
"Niiiiiiiicccccccckkkkkkkkyyyyyyyy."
I strip down and get in the shower, pinning her to the wall in seconds. "Stop calling me Nicky."
"Why, Nicky?"
"Quit or I'm going to get what I want."
She laughs in my face, I said she was bold. "Bring it, Nicky." That's it! I start kissing and sucking on her neck, keeping her pinned to the wall. "No fair," she whines.
"You brought it on yourself."
"I'll stop, Nick. I stopped."
"Too late now."
She arches her back when I kiss that one spot on her neck and I press my body against hers, intimately pinning her to the wall better. She squirms under me, trying to hold back the moans that are bubbling inside her and I get hard. "Nick," she softly moans.
"Cassie," I respond, my lips brushing her neck and she bucks under me.
I smile as I kiss my way down her neck to her breast, kissing just above the nipple. I drag my toungue over the spot I kissed and she tries to get away from me. "No, don't b-" she tells me.
I bite her breast and she moans, that brought a grin to my face. She's always had a little bit of freak in her, even when she's drained. I can't think of a time when she told me no if she wasn't ragging, drawing a blank on that front. "What?" I slyly remark.
"Condom." I love when she can hardly speak.
"It can wait," I tell her, grabbing a washcloth and my body wash.
"Nick!" She's pouting, it's hot and she sees the smirk on my face. "Grrrrrr!" She puts shampoo in her hair, lathers up and shaves. She rinses off and lathers her body with her lavender and jasmine body wash. Her shampoo is the pink Herbal Essence, she matches the conditioner to it all the time. She puts the conditioner in her hair and combs it through with her fingers, from the roots to the tips. I love watching her shower, it's erotic. She catches me watching her. "Staring's rude, quit," she snaps at me.
"So?" I fire back, recalling she said it earlier.
"You can stare at Lauren."
Low blow, Cassie. "Really?" I should've expected that, she does get pissed when she's sexually frustrated. She just makes a face, getting under the water to rinse out the conditioner and get the soap off her body.
"You left me hanging and you know that don't fly with me."
I pull her into my arms and kiss her rosy cupid's bow lips. "I'll make it up to you."
She shoves me away gently. "Fuck you." She's pissed.
"Please don't be mad."
"I can't believe you did that to me."
"I'm sorry."
She heaves a heavy sigh, leaning against me with her head on my chest. She's only 5'7" and it's just the hand she's been given, a little on the short end. I reach around her and turn the water off. I have to be funny. "Cassie, don't stop, you the bestest, coming off the top as bestest."
"I hate that bitch."
I'm confused, she met Nicki Minaj a few months ago and was nice to her. She didn't compliment her music, but did say she likes her unique style. "You were nice to her." I raise my eyebrow.
"I hate her musically, all she talks about is her pussy, tits and ass-that's not music."
"Isn't that what Lil' Kim talks about?"
"Every other word isn't 'my ass, my tits, my vagina, my pussy, your dick'."
Okay, she has a valid point, true artists can make their songs have multiple meanings and everyone can interpretate it in a different way. "True," I agree. I watch her get out of the stall, looking in the mirror above the sink.
"Why do we keep letting this happen?" she asks, leaning on the sink with her fingers curling around the edge of the sink she's in front of and dropping her head.
I step behind her and wrap my arms around her, I hold her. "I still love you."
"It hurts."
"Every time we've let go, we always find our way back to each other and it's because our hearts scream for each other." It's what I believe, sue me if you don't like my logic. Cassie's had my heart before she even knew it, I've loved her since 91 and I refuse to stop now. I don't care that she's a Kirkpatrick, that she's slept with JC, is engaged to Andrew dickhead Keegan because I know she's always going to come to me.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story