Nick might kill me for sleeping with his ex, but then again he's been sleeping with my ex for the past couple years and I now count us even. Jaylyn should be here soon, wanting to talk to me. She said two days after she gets back to LA. She called an hour ago and said she's on her way. "Josh! I'm here!" she shouts. I gave her the codes way back when we were together and haven't had the heart to change them yet.
"Jaylyn," I say, embracing her when we get close enough.
"You still smell the same."
"You smell like Nick," I quip.
"Do you know something you're not supposed to?"
Now to play dumb. "No, it's like you hung out with him."
"Oh, yeah," she cautiously says. "I slept over his house."
She lets me down, I can't keep lying to her. "I've known for the past 2 1/2 years."
Her eyes dart to mine. "How? Who told you?"
"I caught you two hooking up at the club, you thought you went into the VIP room unnoticed. I suspected it, but last year confirmed it."
"What did?"
"I'm the one that walked in on you at the studio. I know Chris, Joey and Justin know. Aaron came to me in June and told me."
Her eyes fill with pure rage and she grabs her phone from her pocket, no doubt calling one of the four I named off. "How could you tell anyone? You promised not to say a word." I drift in and out. "Chris, I trusted you."
"He didn't tell me, he asked if I was keeping anything from him about you."
She says a few things in Spanish and hangs up, dialing someone else. "Aaron Charles Carter!" Dumbass. "You told JC! You promised you wouldn't! Bullshit. Again, bullshit. You know he can't keep a secret. I know about that already, but do you think I'm crazy enough to tell your brother that? I don't even know how to slip it into a conversation that he and Bryn slept together!"
I hold up a hand. "I'd like to justify my reasoning."
She snaps her head up to look at me. "What's that?" she growls.
"He's sleeping with my ex, you, so I slept with his and I think we're even now." She rolls her eyes and continues cussing Aaron out.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story