Chapter 3: Hello Ms. Warren

 

"Oh please dear could you at least be a bit more rashional?"

 

Edward Warren sighed heavily, as he looked longfully at his wife. "Olivia, please. Our daughter knows better than to support these delinquents!"

 

"Edward dearling, how many of these youngsters has she supported? Quite a few correct? And how many of those were innocent?"

 

"It doesn't matter Olivia. Those boys are dangerous criminals. Just wait, they'll be back to their old ways.

 

Sylvia Warren sighed heavily, as she stepped into her parent's backyard. She sometimes, detested visiting them. Especially her father. He had never supported her through her years in law school. And now that she's managed to succeed and become California's top lawyer, her father has been shitting bricks. "Hello mother." She greeted the elderly woman, with a kiss on the cheek. "Dad."

 

"Hello honey." He said, as he kissed her cheek quickly. "What brings you here today?"

 

"Just wanted to let you know that the hearing is over."

 

"Ah yes, that juvenile I arrested for doing that drive by on South Whitter. What the jury say?"

 

"Not guilty." She smiled, as her father's face glowed red with anger. She loved it when she won cases. Watching her father erupt in anger made her job more meaningful. And she was good at it. Every kid that has been thrown in jail was freed because of her and her research. All those kids were innocent. And now, they're all in school or getting successful jobs. "Oh it isn't that bad dad. The boy was innocent. They thearten him to come along. If he didn't they'd kill him."

 

"Edward?" Mrs. Warren stated firmly. "Relax darling. You did your job, as a dectective in shooting and robbery. To find him justice is Sylvia's job."

 

Mr. Warren looked at the two women. "I have to be back at the station. See you at dinner." He turned to look at his only daughter. "I suppose you'll be joining us?"

 

"Of course." Sylvia said quietly, as she watched her father walk inside the house. "Oh mom, please tell why dad always has to act this way, whenever I win a case."

 

"I wish I could say dear. But your father is a stubborn man. Don't worry though, he'll come around."

 

"I suppose. Well, I'm off mother. I have to stop by the office and file my paper work. I'll see you tonight." With a quick kiss on the cheek and a hug, Sylvia stepped quickly through the side of her parents mansion.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------

 

"Daddy, I have iceam?"

 

"Sure buddy, what flavor do you want?"

 

"White."

 

"White? You mean vanilla?" He laughed, as Kyle bobbled his head up and down. "Two vanilla cones please?" He asked the gentlemen behind the counter. He paid the man and grabbed both cones, handing one to Kyle. "Hold it tight okay?"

 

"Tay." He said, as he happily started licking. "Daddy is cod."

 

Justin laughed, as they stepped into the warm whether. "I know it is. It's suppose to be that way." They walked hand in hand, eating their ice cream cones in silence. Justin sighed, as he looked around the busy downtown streets. It was a sunny Saturday afternoon and the streets and sidewalks were covered with people. "Hey Kyle, you done yet?"

 

"Yeah." He said quietly.

 

Justin looked down and sighed. Most of his ice cream was on the front of his shirt and dripping down his arms. "Dude, your a mess." He sat his down on the bench. He stood and saw a woman with dark brown, shoulder length hair walking towards them. "Hi? Excuse me ma'am?"

 

The young woman looked up from her purse. "Yes." She said impatiently.

 

"I'm sorry to bother you, but do you happen to have a napkin by any chance. My son spilled his ice cream and I need to clean it off."

 

"Sure." She said, taking out two napkins for her briefcase. "You're just in luck, I just came from lunch. Here you go." She said, handing him the napkins.

 

"Thanks." He smiled, somehow his eyes not moving away from her. Just as he was about to ask her a question, her cell phone went off.

 

"Yes?" She said quickly. "Yes Charlie, I'm on my way to the office right now..." She pulled the phone away from her ear. "Buh bye." She said to Justin quickly, before returning to her phone call. Not once, did she glance at the little boy, sitting on the bench.

 

"Bye." Justin said softly, as he watched her walk further down the sidewalk. He turned around slowly, as he started to clean Kyle's arms. "Dude, thank god we went shopping before this and bought some clothes."

 

"Daddy?"

 

"Yeah?" He answered, pulling off the shirt over his head only leaving him in his tank top.

 

"Thas a lady?"

 

"Yeah, that was a nice lady who gave me these napkins to clean you." He said, as he pulled his new, clean shirt over him.

 

"She a pweety lady daddy."

 

Justin sighed, as he stood Kyle to his feet. He turned to look down the sidewalk again. "Yeah, she was a very pretty lady." He said softly, as they both continued to walk home.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

"Nice work Sylvia. You've managed to save every kid from all this volience."

 

Sylvia smiled, as she filed the last of her paperwork. "Thanks Charlie."

 

"So, what now huh? All the bad kids are doing good. There's no new cases."

 

"Well, I guess it's about time I take a break, wouldn't you agree?"

 

Charlie laughed, as he shut off the main office lights. "I guess so. You've earned it.

 

"Thanks Charlie. You're the best!" She smiled, as they locked the doors. "Well, I'll see you in a week? I'm off to my parents house for dinner."

 

"A week it is, enjoy!" He said, as they both went their seperate ways.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Sylvia sighed, as she stepped into the warm night air. Dinner had gone surprisingly smooth. Not once did her dad agrue with her. But now, all she wanted to do was go home and rest for the next week. In the middle of Goodrich Blvd, her car had decided to cut off. She sat there confused, until she noticed that her car had over heated. She stepped out to open the hood, attempting to cool it down, when she heard voices coming from behind her. She looked up quickly, as two men came circling her car. Her first reaction was to call the police, but she stopped when they turned to look at her.

 

"Hey yo lady, is this your car?" Sylvia said nothing, as she slowly began to walk back towards her car. "I asked you a question mama." The young hispanic male said roughly.

 

"Yo, Anthony this bitch is fine. Let's have alittle foreplay."

 

"In a minute Brandon." Anthony said slowly, an evil smirk across his face. "What's your name mija?"

 

"Wha- What do you want from me? I'll give you money, my car, but please don't hurt me."

 

"I don't want your money. Not yet any way." He grabbed her by the neck, bringing her mouth closer to his. "I just want alittle taste." He gripped her neck harder, when she refused to meet his lips. "Damn it! Give me some now, or by hell I'll beat you down and slit your thoart!"

 

Sylvia's eyes brimmed with tears, as the young man tried to yank her away from the car. Her vision was becoming blurry, when she heard a third voice from behind her car.

 

"How bout you back the fuck off Anthony."

 

Anthony groaned loudly, as he noticed Justin standing behind the woman. His gang just a few inches away from him. He let go of Sylvia, pushing her roughly to the ground. Sylvia gasped, as one of Justin's men pulled her away from harm's way.

 

"Keep an eye on her Rico. Make sure, she doesn't get hurt."

 

Rico nodded, as he and Tyler, kept her behind their cirlce.

 

"Why do you have to go and ruin all the fun ese?" Anthony laughed, as he stood face to face with Justin. "You know, you want to hit that ass."

 

"The difference between you and me, is that I actually respect women."

 

"Yeah whatever puto." He spat, as he grabbed Brandon's shoulder. "C'mon holmes, let's get the fuck out of here."

 

Justin stood tall, as he watched them walk further down the street. He turned around, to look at the young woman sitting on the asphalt. "Are you okay miss?" His eyes grew wide, as she turned to look up at him. It was the same woman from this afternoon in downtown. Holy fucking hell! But she looked at him, like a stranger. A person she never met before. Seems understandable, she really didn't pay much attention to him this past afteroon.

 

Sylvia cleared her thoart hoarsely. "Yes. Yes I'm all right." She said groggily. "My car overheated so I can't drive. I'll just call a cab."

 

"Cab's don't come around this neighborhood at night." He said quietly, as he helped her to her feet.

 

"Hey holmes, take her to your crib ese. She'll be safe there. Me and the boys will push her car over there to your pad." Tyler said, as the other quickly agreed. They all knew, that the only place a beautiful young woman would be safe, would be with Justin. He would never hurt any woman or soul. A man, yes. Unless, he somehow managed to piss him off to the extreme.

 

"C'mon." Justin said, as his boys began pushing her car. "Come crash at my place."

 

"No, no it's quiet all right." She said nervously.

 

Justin chuckled. "I promise I won't hurt you. If I wanted too, I wouldn't have saved you tonight."

 

Sylvia smiled weakly, keeping her arms tight around her. "Thank you." She said softly. Justin smiled, as he kept kept his arms around her shoulders, walking down the dark quiet street back to his house.


Incomplete
DiamondLove is the author of 4 other stories.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story