* The Tonight Show w/David Letterman, September 12, 2006 *

"Ladies and gentlemen, it is my great pleasure, to introduce to you tonight's performer. Please give a warm welcome, to Justin Timberlake!"

Justin plastered a fake smile on his handsome face, as he made his way towards David Letterman. He waved slowly, as the entire audience cheered. Back in the day, he would have been thrilled and jumping with joy, but at this very moment, his mind was revolved around Bella.

His smile faded only for an instant, as Bella entered his thoughts. It had been 3 weeks since he's heard from her. Three long, depressing weeks. The wound was still raw, the heartache, still burning. And he hated her because of it. But he knew he had to move on.

He stepped up the steps, shaking David Letterman's hand in the process. He took a seat, as the crowd hushed, and the interview about his new album, "Future Sex/LoveSounds" began.

---------------------------------------------

FLASHBACK

* 3 weeks ago, August 22, 2006 *

"Bella, baby you home?" Justin called quietly, as he entered his home. He dropped his duffel bag on table, quietly looking around. "Bella?" He called out once more.

With nothing, but silence as his answer, he flopped down on the couch. He sighed heavily, as he looked around his large living room. The place was incredibly spacious; 5 king size bedrooms, 5 luxurious bathrooms, a dining area, an incredibly large living room, king size kitchen, a small office, a game room, workout room, and a weight training room.

A smile spread his lips, as he thought of Bella and how she agreed to move in with him. She was so lovely, standing at five feet eight inches tall and a mane of dark waves that fell to the small of her back, Bella was a total knockout. Her face was so beautiful, she made Angelina Jolie look like a candidate for The Swan and her body was right off the cover of Sports Illustrated's swimsuit edition. So it was only natural that Justin was awestruck.
<
The front door opened slowly, as he watched her step in slowly. She looked around for a minute, until she notice Justin sitting on the couch. "Justin, I- I didn't know you were here." She looked outside, then quickly shut the door.

Justin smiled, completely ignoring her nervousness. "I missed you baby." He said sincerely, as he approached her slowly. He went in for a kiss, only to have her back away from him.

Confusion spread across his delicate and handsome features, as he eyed her curiously. Something was off. He looked at her carefully, reading any type of emotions in her eyes. He stepped back, noticing that her eyes were flickering across the room avoiding any sort of eye contact with him. "What's up?" He asked carefully.

Bella took a deep breath, finally adverting her eyes to him. She was hiding something, something that could probably end their wonderful 4 year relationship. He could read it clearly in her eyes.

"Bella? What's going on?"

"I'm sorry Justin." She said curtly.

He took a deep breath. Preparing for the inevitable. He stood still, never taking his eyes off of her. She looked like she was hurting, but she was a great actress. He knew that the minute he met her.

"There isn't any other way for me to say this. I thought I loved you. I honestly did. But now everything has changed. I can't be with you, not now not ever." She adverted her eyes to the floor. But quickly focused on him again, a devious smirk crossing her delicate features. "You can't satisfy me."

The truthful, yet hurtful confession sent daggers to Justin's heart. He tired his best to ignore the complications, but it was inevitable. He swallowed heavily, trying his hardest to keep his tears at bay. He looked at her slowly, hurting more as the smirk never left her face.

"How... Why would you say something like that?"

"Because it's the truth." She answered truthfully. "I mean, it was okay at first, but now it's just dull, boring even. I mean, Christ I had to go out and look for it because you were always on the fucking road." She rolled her eyes, as she continued. "Look Justin, whatever your feeling I really don't give a rat's ass. My shit is packed and has been for the past 2 weeks." She turned around and walked out the front door. "Good luck Justin. That is, if you ever find someone that you can satisfy at all." And with that, she slammed the door behind her. She's gone.

Justin stared at the door, for what seemed like an eternity. The tears slowly came cascading down his rosy cheeks, the realization of Bella leaving finally kicking in at full speed.

END OF FLASHBACK

Justin smiled, as the interview was coming to a close. It went rather well, better than he had anticipated. No body asked him anything about himself and Bella and he prefer to keep it that way.

"All right Justin, thank you so much for being tonight and congratulations on your new album. Which is now in stores, so check it out. Now, we leave you with a performance. Take it away Justin!"

The melody to the song began playing, as Justin sat on a stool facing the audience. He had no idea why he chose this particular song, but at that moment, he didn't have a care in the world.

Hey girl, is he everything you wanted in a man?
You know I gave you the world
You had me in the palm of your hand
So why your love went away
I just can't seem to understand
Thought it was me and you babe
Me and you until the end
But I guess I was wrong

Don't want to think about it
Don't want to talk about it
I'm just so sick about it
Can't believe it's ending this way
Just so confused about it
Feeling the blues about it
I just can't do without ya
Tell me is this fair?

Is this the way it's really going down?
Is this how we say good-bye?
Should've known better when you came around
That you were gonna make me cry
It's breaking my heart to watch you run around
'Cause I know that you're living a lie
That's okay baby 'cause in time you will find...

What goes around, goes around, goes around
Comes all the way back around
What goes around, goes around, goes around
Comes all the way back around
What goes around, goes around, goes around
Comes all the way back around
What goes around, goes around, goes around
Comes all the way back around

FLASHBACK

His heart was shatter, his life had no meaning. He admitted to himself that he was a wreck. A week, 1 fucking week has passed since she left him and he was still crying. He loved her, more than life itself, more than his own career. He had wanted it to work out, had wanted to be there for her, the way a boyfriend should be. But he was a busy man and she left.


His eyes were puffy, red, and teary. Fresh tears came anew as he reached into his jean pocket. He fiddled with box, opening it slowly revealing the $54,600 Schlumberger Two Bees Engagement Ring from Tiffany's.

He was going to marry her. Ask her to be his wife.

END OF FLASHBACK

Justin slowly opened his, unaware that they were fresh tears cascading down his cheeks once again. He would let himself cry again, especially not in front of his fans and national television. But he couldn't help it, the lyrics where just overwhelming.

Now girl, I remember everything that you claimed
You said that you were moving on now
And maybe I should do the same
Funny thing about that is
I was ready to give you my name
Thought it was me and you, babe
And now, it's all just a shame
And I guess I was wrong

Don't want to think about it
Don't want to talk about it
I'm just so sick about it
Can't believe it's ending this way
Just so confused about it
Feeling the blues about it
I just can't do without ya
Can you tell me is this fair?

Is this the way things are going down?
Is this how we say good-bye?
Should've known better when you came around (should've known better that you were gonna make me cry)
That you were going to make me cry
Now it's breaking my heart to watch you run around
'Cause I know that you're living a lie
That's okay baby 'cause in time you will find

What goes around, goes around, goes around
Comes all the way back around
What goes around, goes around, goes around
Comes all the way back around
What goes around, goes around, goes around
Comes all the way back around
What goes around, goes around, goes around
Comes all the way back around

What goes around comes around
Yeah
What goes around comes around
You should know that
What goes around comes around
Yeah
What goes around comes around
You should know that

He stepped off the stool and took the mic in his hand. He wiped the tears from his eyes and got his composure under control. He walked a few steps down as he started singing once again.

Don't want to think about it (no)
Don't want to talk about it
I'm just so sick about it
Can't believe it's ending this way
Just so confused about it
Feeling the blues about it (yeah)
I just can't do without ya
Tell me is this fair?

Is this the way things are going down?
Is this how we say good-bye?
Should've known better when you came around (should've known better that you were gonna make me cry)
That you were going to make me cry
Now it's breaking my heart to watch you run around
'Cause I know that you're living a lie
But that's okay baby 'cause in time you will find

What goes around, goes around, goes around
Comes all the way back around
What goes around, goes around, goes around
Comes all the way back around
What goes around, goes around, goes around
Comes all the way back around
What goes around, goes around, goes around
Comes all the way back around

FLASHBACK

The cell phone rang loudly, disturbing Justin from his slumber. He reached onto the nightstand retrieving the phone and pressing it to his ear.

"Yeah?"

"Yo Jay, what up dog?"

"Ugh, not now Trace."

Trace laughed heartfeltly. "Ah, c'mon man stop being such a drama queen. C'mon seriously, I've got some juicy gossip for you."

Justin groaned, listening to his bestfriend's cheerful voice. "Trace, I'm serious man. I'm not in the mood to listen to any of your late night sex encounters."

Trace winced, hissing over the phone. "Ouch man, that's cold. But listen, for reals man. This you'll like..."

"Trace, I'm warning you...."

"It's about Bella." He cut him off quickly.

Justin instantly sat upright on his bed. "What about her?"

"Dude, you know that shit she told you when she left you? You know, about her not loving and you not satisfying her?"

"Yeah yeah, whatever. What is it?"

"Dude, that guy she left you for did the same shit that she did to you. Can you believe that shit? That's fucking crazy yo!" He chuckled lightly.

"Are you serious?" Justin said softly.

"Oh, fo sho man. Glad too, she deserves it."

Justin sighed heavily, feeling alittle relieved, yet it was wrong at the same time. He remembered telling a few days after she left, that the same thing would happen to her one day. And it did. His heart still ached, he still cared about her. 4 years together with someone you love was hard to forget. But he still managed a small devious smile, as Trace continued telling him about Bella's dilemma.
<
END OF FLASHBACK

The same devious smile spread across his lips, as he remembered what he had heard about Bella and her unfortunate dilemma. He came almost towards the end, realizing that 'What Goes Around, Comes Around'."<

[Comes Around interlude:]

Let me paint this picture for you, baby

You spend your nights alone
And he never comes home
And every time you call him
All you get's a busy tone
I heard you found out
That he's doing to you
What you did to me
Ain't that the way it goes

You cheated girl
My heart bleeds girl
So it goes without saying that you left me feeling hurt
Just a classic case
A scenario
Tale as old as time
Girl you got what you deserved

And now you want somebody
To cure the lonely nights
You wish you had somebody
That could come and make it right

But girl I ain't somebody with a lot of sympathy
You'll see

(What goes around comes back around)
I thought I told ya, hey
(What goes around comes back around)
I thought I told ya, hey
(What goes around comes back around)
I thought I told ya, hey
(What goes around comes back around)
I thought I told ya, hey

[Laughs]
See?
You should've listened to me, baby
Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah
Because
(What goes around comes back around)
[laughs]

The End

"What Goes Around, Comes Around (Interlude)" - Justin Timberlake


Completed
DiamondLove is the author of 4 other stories.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story