Author's Chapter Notes:
The rest of chapter 23 in it's entirety!!!
She was aware of her shirt and pants coming off, tossed into the pile with his dirty clothes as they made their way to the bed. Melissa giggled as Joey leaned in and licked her neck, groaning when he bit it, wincing as he did it harder, a firm pull on her hair. “Joey,” his name came out as a harsh sound, wanting to protest and at the same time, it felt good. Like he was marking his territory.

Joey stopped when they were against the bed, sitting down while letting Melissa stand in front of him. “Nice bra,” Joey remarked, reaching up to run his hands across the lace cups, fingers pinching her nipples as he let his arms slide around her to get it undone. “You wear this one on purpose? Thinking of seducing me?” his voice was clearly teasing. The undergarment tossed aside, Joey used the advantage of being face level with her breasts to take one of them into his mouth and suck on a nipple. His hands were full as well and Joey groaned when Melissa's hands tugged on his hair. “Pull harder, Bambina,” he said, paying attention to the other breast as well.

Melissa did as Joey asked, yanking hard on his hair, hissing when he bit down a little. That pain subsided as his tongue slid over the part he'd bitten. A whimper slid from her mouth when she felt Joey's hand touch her inner thigh. She knew the game he was playing, getting her worked up until she couldn't stand it. His fingers would get almost to where she wanted them and move off, just brushing the areas she wanted touched. “Joseph,” she breathed, looking down at him.

“Bambina,” Joey said, giving her that smile he knew drove her crazy. The one he reserved for times like this. “We're just getting started, no need to get so worked up,” Joey slid himself back with his arms to where he was lounging against the pillows and headboard. “This is the time if ever there was some sexual fantasy you harbored about me,” he grinned wider as she blushed, propping his arms up above his head. He chuckled as she eyed his erection as it strained against his boxers. “My innocent little Mel. What naughty thoughts are you thinking about me?” He tried like hell to keep the mood light, ignoring the fact that this was the last time for them to be like this, that in the back of his mind he knew they shouldn't be anyway.

“About you? Psssh,” Melissa waved her hand at Joey, walking around to one side of the bed eyeing him up and down. “You're on the injured list, Fatoney. I'm not sure you can participate. I think you might have to just watch,” Melissa kept her eyes on him, sliding her hand down into her panties, watching his eyes travel to where she was rubbing herself. “Unless you want to help,” she said after a few moments, crawling up on the bed beside him, watching Joey roll over and try not to wince.

Joey's leg hurt a little from all the moving around, but he ignored it for the most part. His hands slid over Melissa's body, down to the waist band of her panties and he held her gaze as he took them in hand and gripped them and ripped them off. “That's better,” he told her, manuvering her around so that their bodies were flush together for the most part. “Mel,” he rumbled in appreciation as he slid a couple fingers in her, the wet and warm place making Joey almost pant.

Melissa wasn't about to let Joey get her off without her teasing him some. She pulled his hand away amid protests, moving to where her head was even with his boxers. “Now, proceed..do whatever,” she told him, smiling as his brown eyed gaze met hers and she tried to look innocent as one of her hands ran over his 'package' that was bulging against his boxers.

“Oh damn,” Joey gritted his teeth, his thumb starting to work her clit as he lifted his hips so she could slide his boxers down and off. It took a few more moments than he wanted, but finally, he was as naked as she was. He felt her hand slide around his erection, stroking him from the tip to the base. “Oh Melly,” he grunted, pumping his fingers in and out harder.

Melissa bucked her hips against his fingers and thumb, letting out a long moan of appreciation before licking her lips, her tongue resting along the underside of his penis, licking it up and down the shaft a couple times before getting to the tip and letting her teeth barely graze it. She reached underneath her to have him stop to move where she could watch Joey, her eyes going to his as she took his cock in her mouth. She smiled a little as she went along, listening to him curse and encourage her, his hands buried in her hair.

Joey got louder, hating that he couldn't move a lot. “Stop..for the love of God,” he finally told her, knowing if she kept going, he'd be done. He swallowed hard Melissa just smiled, moving to where she could straddle him. “I'm going to have the last say in this, Melissa Nicole,” he instructed her, tossing her off him, chuckling when she laughed as her body made the bed bounce and Joey cussed again.

Melissa's eyes widened as Joey's mouth kissed her stomach and then proceeded to make its way back down. “Oh Joey...yes baby..” his tongue licked along her clit and nibbled on her pussy lips before going back up and down with his tongue. She didn't care to tell him what she liked, stroking his beard down by his ears before going to his hair. Her breath caught some and her body started quivering, wanting its release. She knew he knew it too, and raised an eyebrow when he stopped. “Joooey,” she whined, pulling his head up towards her upper body so that he could be on top of her.

“What, Melly? Tell me what you want, Bambina,” his voice was low and full of love, kissing her hard once he got up to where she was on the pillows, his body flush with hers. He told her how much he loved her, that she would always have his heart as he made love to her. Every kiss and touch between them had a purpose and finally when they were done,they both laid there still tangled together.

“I love you, Joey,” Melissa laid there trying to catch her breath, closing her eyes as he kissed her once more. “Til the day my life is through, this I promise you,” she told him, making him smile. “I love your smile, the real one,” she patted his cheek softly when he grinned.

“And I love you. Over and over I fall when I hear you call,” Joey sang back to her, his voice catching. He moved and rolled to where they were spooned together, the covers up over them. “I got a song for you...” he smirked when she turned her head. “From your other Joey...Please don't go girl, you would ruin my whole world.” Joey wiped her tears and held her face as he kissed her softly. No matter what happened after this, he wanted Melissa to know she'd always have a place in his heart, even if it was in pieces.

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^

Lance pushed the door open and quietly slipped inside the darkened hotel room. He moved carefully through the room hoping neither his sister or his girlfriend left things laying around on the floor. He scanned the double beds seeing a mound on one of them. Coming closer he saw the second bed wasn't even mused.

'Joey's,' Lance thought giving a small shake of his head. But what his sister and best friend did was not his worry. They were adults.

A soft smile graced his lips as his gaze settled on the occupied bed. He toed off his shoes and let his jeans fall to the floor. He pulled the t shirt over his head and let it drop unceremoniously to the ground next to his jeans. Moving around the bed, he pulled the covers back and slipped beneath them. He wrapped his arms around Rachel pulling her back against his chest as he spooned behind her.

"Lance..." Rachel breathed, her eyes fluttering open as a new warmth encased her. She pressed back against him, snuggling closer and let a blissful sigh escape.

"Expecting someone else?"

"Wasn't expecting anyone." Rachel whispered honestly. "How'd you get in here anyway?"

"Sweet talked the front desk girl," Lance grinned against Rachel's hair. The blonde strands tickling his face, getting stuck in the stubble gracing his jaw.

"I should complain, giving a copy of my room key to just anyone." Rachel teased. "That could have been Chris sneaking in here."

Lance laughed out loud, his arms tightening around her. "I don't think you have to worry about that. And I'm not just anyone. I'm your boyfriend."

Rachel smiled and turned in his arms so they were facing each other. "This is true," she was able to just barely make out his face. She raised her hands, running them over his bare chest. "You are my boyfriend."

Lance leaned forward pressing a whisper of a kiss to Rachel's lips. He brushed them again before settling on them. He tightened his hold bringing her flush against his chest. He felt her fingers caressing his pecs from where they were trapped between them. He broke the kiss, leaving her lips to trail kisses up her jawline to nibble on her ear.

"Lance..." Rachel pulled her hands free tangling them in his hair. She careened her neck, giving him access.

He moved back to her lips kissing them softly. He felt her sigh and relax in his arms. He brought a hand up, brushing her hair back from her face, the silly locks slipping between his fingers. "Is this okay?" he whispered.

Instead of speaking, Rachel pulled his lips back to her, instigating another round of kisses. She traced his bottom lip with her tongue silently requesting entrance. When his lips parted, her tongue moved forward meeting his.

Lance's tongue dueled with hers before he pushed Rachel onto her back. The kiss never broke, his hands starting to roam, skimming over the fabric of Rachel's t-shirt at her stomach. They'd always been able to be physical, at least the other part of it, the touching and kissing in public like a real couple would do. This was something new as Rachel's back arched, giving Lance a handful of breast. “Rachel,” Lance whispered, a little unsure of what she wanted. He told himself he'd do whatever it was she wanted, even sex if she asked.

Rachel paused, hearing the hesitation in Lance's voice. She knew she wasn't going to beg him to do something he didn't want to. At the same time, she was slightly jealous of her best friend. Sex talk wasn't off limits for her and Melissa. While she never asked for details, she figured out that her friend's sex life had been good while hers had been non existent a little bit before she and Lance had gotten together. And now she just wanted to feel wanted like that. “You don't want this do you?” she asked, letting out a sigh as his lips met her neck again just as she'd asked the question.

Lance stopped, searching Rachel's face as much as he could in the dark. “I want whatever will make you happy,” he told her, his honest to God answer. “What do you want, Rachel?”

Rachel felt heat creep up her neck and her face, not sure she could tell Lance what she wanted. She knew she had to, wondering if he would think less of her that she wanted him, or at least wanted something physical between them, something more than just kissing. “I know we kiss and hold hands but I want...more,” she finally said softly. “And I want it with you, even though I know this is just for show-”

“How I feel about you isn't just for show, Rach,” Lance told her, planting a soft kiss on her lips. “And I think it might be a good idea, you know,” he gave a slight chuckle and a smile. “I mean, what good am I as a boyfriend if I can't seduce you?” Lance let one of his hands slide under her shirt to meet her breast, squeezing it gently. “Any time you want me to stop, or I want to stop, we stop,” he said, wanting there to be no issues between them.

Rachel nodded, her head coming up to press her lips against his. “Have I told you how wonderful you are? That I love you?” she smiled, messing up his hair. The nervous butterflies she had in her stomach about him wanting her went away, but were replaced now by ones about sex.

“The wonderful part? Not today..the I love you part, earlier.” Lance smiled and hoped he could satisfy her. Even though he was gay and wanted a boyfriend, he wasn't a virgin. Being with four other men that were all heterosexual on a tour bus was also somewhat of an advantage in that respect. Lance kissed her lips once then nuzzled her jaw, his tongue darting out to flick her earlobe. “Tell me what you want,” he dropped his voice down, getting turned on when she trembled at his words, his hand that had been on one breast moved to the other, hungry for his touch, wanting his attention.

“I like my neck being kissed,” Rachel confessed, sighing when his lips met her jugular vein. “I want you to seduce me.” She wasn't going to be picky, not knowing if this was a one time thing between them, not worrying about it at that second. “I want you to kiss me and touch me, oh God,” her breath caught as she felt Lance's teeth graze the spot he'd just kissed, moving upso that he could nip her ear, his tongue delving onto the sensitive skin. His breath was warm and Rachel tangled her fingers in his hair before letting one hand slide down the back of his neck to his back and shoulder, digging her fingernails in.

Lance moaned when Rachel's nails bit his skin, his body responding to hers. When her teeth found his neck, he growled, pulling on the shirt she was wearing. “I want this off,” he said, moving just enough for her to remove it, gazing down at her body. His eyes had adjusted to the light and he smiled, whistling in appreciation. “Damn, girl,” he said, shaking his head. “You're beautiful, Rachel.” Lance put his finger under her chin and tipped her head upward to look at him. “Don't be embarrassed. You are beautiful.”

Rachel blinked back tears and smiled at him. He wasn't saying it for any other reason than that he meant it. She knew Lance wouldn't lie to her, that if at any moment she wanted to stop, he would. She moved to where she was sitting up more and ran a hand over the stubble on his face. “You aren't bad yourself James Lance Bass,” she leaned in and kissed him softly, nibbling on his bottom lip. She sighed when he pulled her closer, his hands getting buried in her hair. Her breasts were flush up against his body. Her hands were planted on his shoulders, anchoring him there with her. Her eyes were shut and she was quickly becoming putty in his hands. She felt his tongue come out and snake over her lips, once and then again. It only took a second to decide and soon she was moaning in pleasure as Lance's tongue stroked hers.

Her lips were swollen from kissing when Lance laid her back on the bed, her body relaxed and responding to every touch of his lips and feel of his fingers on her skin. “Lance,” Rachel whispered his name as his tongue circled her nipple, taking it into his mouth and sucking on it. “Mmmm, yes,” she gasped when he paid attention to the other like he had that one, his fingers taking up the slack where his mouth wasn't. She squirmed when his face tickled her stomach and she got nervous when she felt his breath on her inner thigh.

“Let me take care of you,” Lance told her, lacing his fingers through hers for a moment, squeezing. They'd both lost their bottoms respectively a while back, and Lance knew if they didn't have sex, it would be some variation of it because there was no way he was going to ignore his throbbing erection just like he wasn't about to bow out on Rachel. He could smell her scent and it was the first time in a really long time that he actually wanted to be with a woman. It might be a one time thing, but he was going to enjoy it. Lance wasn't going to lie and think that Rachel was going to turn him straight, nor did she think that. That's what made it better, he thought momentarily as his free hand went to press against her mound, his thumb brushing her clit. “Fuck,” Lance growled, his tongue making circles around her sex as he rubbed. He grinned when her hands went to his hair and she yanked him towards her pussy.

Rachel bit her lip and cried out when Lance's tongue finally got where she wanted it. Her legs went lax and she put them up over his shoulders, her fingernails running over the back of his head and neck. She felt her body getting closer to release, gasps and moans coming from her periodically. “Yes baby, that's it..Lance..mmm..right there,” Rachel let go a few minutes later with a hard orgasm, Lance's fingers pumping in and out of her while his tongue licked her clit up and down, catching her juices. Her whole body shuddered and she yelled out his name. Laying there panting, a huge smile grew on her face when Lance joined her on the pillow. Throwing her arms around him, she kissed his lips and chuckled when she tasted herself on him. “Don't think you're done,” Rachel told him, kissing his cheek as he laughed and pulled her over to rest on his chest, his heart beating faster.

“I don't think I can take much teasing,” Lance told her, groaning when she ran her fingers over his penis. It was standing at attention and throbbed when Rachel's hand went all the way down and brushed his scrotum. “I mean it, babe. Oh goddamn,” Lance bit his lips as she kissed his chin and then neck, her hand still lazily jacking him off.

“Who said I was teasing?” Rachel asked, her mouth against his skin, tasting him. She wanted Lance. And at the same time, she was satisfied with what had happened between them. It was her turn to 'return the favor' and ultimately it was her decision to make in a way. She listened to him grunt and moan as her mouth traveled south down his body. “Damn, Bass..” Rachel's tongue licked around the head of his penis, making him grip the sheets.

“Rachel Beth,” Lance's voice sounded strangled, talking through his teeth. “Please, love,” he begged, raising up his head to look at her. His whole body was tensed up as she continued, shudders coming from him as her mouth took him in, her fingers grazing his inner thighs and balls as she used her other hand to stroke him as her mouth traveled up and down his shaft. “Oh fuck,” he hissed when she stopped, ready to explode if she touched him again. Lance's eyes popped open when he felt the bed shift and looked at Rachel. “What's wrong?” he asked, concerned something wasn't right.

“I'm on the pill but we're not gonna use that as a fail safe,” Rachel said, quickly finding what she was looking for and opening the condom package. “You want me to do it?” she asked, straddling Lance's legs. She smiled when he pulled her closer, taking the item from her.

“If I let you do it, we won't be doing anything,” Lance replied, his dick still throbbing as he rolled the condom down. “I'm embarrassed to tell you that I won't last long probably.” Lance loved the shrug she gave him, pulling her down to meet him on the bed and then covering her body with his. His lips found hers, his body pressed against hers and his hands pressed hers up next to her head, their fingers intwined. “I love you,” he breathed into her skin and reached down to position himself to slide into her. “Let me know if I hurt you,” he told her, praying that wouldn't happen.

Rachel nodded, letting go of his other hand to hold onto his body. It had been a while since she'd had sex and Lance was big. She bit her lip and hissed when he pushed himself inside her. “No, keep going,” she told him when he stopped, glad when he kissed her, burying himself between her legs.

“Don't move for a minute,” Lance panted, his face in Rachel's neck, her hair tickling his nose. “Oh Jesus, Rach..you feel wonderful,” he told her, rocking back and forth a little before setting a pace. His eyes rolled back in his head a little when her nails found his shoulders.

“Cum for me Lance, come on baby,” Rachel encouraged him, throwing her head back when she felt his thumb rub her clit. “Oh...ohhhh,” she panted, letting him take control at least of that part. Her body responded to his, getting into the rhythm with him, wanting him to finish. She knew Lance was close when he quit and started grinding against her, his breath coming in gasps.

“Oh shit..fuck..Rachel,” Lance got out, his cock twitching as he buried himself inside her and came hard. He smiled as he took short breaths in and out, his whole body quickly having that tingly sensation. “Sorry I couldn't finish-”

“Don't even say the rest of that sentence,” Rachel huffed, laying there beside him, a goofy smile on her face. “I love you, Lance. Thank you,” she told him, running a hand over his sweaty face. “I can't promise it will become a permanent thing but..I needed it.”

Lance nodded, bringing her palm to his lips and kissing it. “You are my girlfriend, my best friend and better half,” he said softly after a few moments. “I want you to be happy as much as you want me to be..actually I want you to be happier than I am. It was....an honor, for lack of a less dorky term.” He smiled at her chuckle and rolled over to brush some hair out of her face. “Thank you for being mine.”

Rachel nodded, glad he couldn't see the tear escape down her cheek. She kissed him softly on the lips and smiled. “Now what will the guys think? You're going to come in with this stupid face you men get.”

“If nothing else, it will keep them guessing,” Lance told her, both of them laying there and talking for a little while longer after he'd gotten up and went to the bathroom trash and came back. “I say we go get a shower and hop in the other bed. My sister isn't coming back tonight.”

“How do you know? Or do I want to know?” Rachel asked, reaching over to turn the light on low beside the bed so they could see. She got up, smiling at the fact Lance was watching her and she was doing the same with him, no hint of embarrassment, but at the same time, it wasn't a burning attraction like she was ready to get him all worked up again. If it was anyone else, it would have bothered her, but she felt secure in that they could both handle this part of their relationship if it came up again. She pulled out her panties and some different sleep clothes, turning back to watch Lance get up to follow her.

“The tv was up some, but Joey's a loud bastard. That's all I'm saying,” Lance said as he turned on the water. “And I sure as hell wasn't going to knock on the door and tell him to shut up. Might be the last sex the poor guy sees, depending on how pregnancy hormones go.” He shrugged when Rachel gave him a look. “It was in a magazine I read. It was GQ magazine,” he added, rolling his eyes, flicking water on her after they'd gotten in.

“I didn't say a word,” Rachel told Lance, giving a sigh as the warm soapy washcloth touched her skin with his hands doing the work. “Although, I must say...you're the best gay man I've ever had sex with.”

“Don't ruin my rep, Weatherly,” Lance grinned wide when she laughed. “When I decide to come out of my proverbial closet, I'll be shopping for a boyfriend. Til now I'll just make all the men drool and be jealous over you.”

“All you need to be the perfect man right now is to order some room service and let me have the tv remote,” Rachel told him as she relaxed, letting the soap wash off her body after taking the washcloth. Lance's fingers massaged shampoo into her scalp making her groan once more in deep contentment. “Nevermind my last statement. Now you are the perfect man.”

*^*^*^*^*^*^*
Joey woke up by degrees, his eyes popping open when he reached out for the warm body that was supposed to be there and all he got was air. He looked around, the room still dark, listening for sounds that Melissa was in the bathroom, but the only noises Joey heard were the air conditioner and the noises of doors opening and closing down the hall. The spot where she'd laid was cool and he wondered when she'd left. More than that, Joey wondered why she didn't stay. It hurt that he woke up alone, more so because he knew that this couldn't keep happening. Joey wasn't going to ask Melissa to start meeting him at every hotel they would be at for one night stands. As much as he'd love for her to be with him, in the back of his mind he knew it would turn it into something cheap and ugly. Besides that, Joey didn't want her for the sex. The sex was great, but he wanted something he could no longer have.

An angry sob came out, punching his pillow. Joey was by himself, no one to answer to if he had a pity party. He was hurt and angry, cursing a little bit later when his leg still hurt. He downed a pain pill and some Tylenol, laying back on the bed, trying to sort out his feelings. The thing that was the worst that was Melissa hadn't even bothered to tell him goodbye.

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^^*^*^*

Rachel woke up and sighed, burying herself further into the covers and smiled at the feel of Lance's arms tightening around her. “Mmmmm,” she moaned softly when his lips met hers in the dark. “Morning.” The events of the previous night played through her mind and she realized that she didn't feel awkward about it at all. They were still Rachel and Lance. She didn't expect him to declare his undying love for her, that he was now un-gay or something like that. However, Rachel did agree with Lance now that she'd thought about it. There would be no awkwardness physically with them in public. It was as real as it could be, circumstances being what they were.

“Morning,” Lance replied, smiling at Rachel, smoothing down her flyaway hair. “No regrets from last night?” he whispered, glad when she shook her head.

“Why are you whispering?” Rachel asked, moving to where she could see over Lance's shoulder. She could see an outline in the covers and looked at her boyfriend. “When do you think that happened?”

“Dunno,” Lance told her, pulling her back down into his arms. “She's asleep so that's good I guess,” his eyes traveled over to the clock. “I better get up and around myself.” Lance didn't want to leave, but even more he didn't want Wayne on his ass for not being bright eyed and bushy tailed. “Last night was amazing,” he said softly, dropping a kiss on Rachel's shoulder.

“Agreed,” Rachel told him, smiling. “I'm gonna be jealous when you find a boyfriend, ya know.”

Lance laughed a little harder than what he meant to, shaking his head at her. “You'll have some guy so in love with you, he'll be following you around. You won't even have time to really miss me. You'll just miss my car.”

“Whatever,” Rachel told Lance, rolling her eyes at him and kissing him. “Go get ready. I'm gonna get ready and come to the set for a little while before I go to work,” Rachel told him, walking to the door behind him. Her eyes followed his body as it moved, a small smirk on her face. The sex had been good, better than good. It made her feel good and she grabbed his butt squeezing it quickly, the feel of him jumping making her chuckle. “Oops.”

“You're getting to be worse than my sister,” Lance told her, pulling her to his side. “See you in a little while, honey.”

“Yes, babe,” Rachel hugged him and let him go, watching him go down the hall and dig out his key card out of his jeans, wiggling her fingers at him. She then shut the door and went back into the room.

“The room smells like sex,” Melissa muttered, not moving from her position in the bed. She had taken her shoes off but still had her clothes on. “I don't want details, just a yes or no.”

“Yes, nosey. We thought you were asleep,” Rachel came and sat on the edge of the bed, reaching for Melissa's foot and squeezing it playfully. “Why are you here anyway?”

“My stuff's here, someone drug me with them on a plane to Los Angeles,” Melissa told her, avoiding the answer Rachel wanted. “I still can't believe you and my brother did the deed. I'm scarred for life.”

“Payback's a bitch,” Rachel said, getting quiet for a moment. “Answer my question.”

Melissa sighed, trying not to get upset. “I couldn't wake up next to him this morning and have to tell him goodbye, Rach. Now the last thing I can think about is how great last night was. Even if it shouldn't have happened. I have to move out here.”

“Have to? You don't have to do anything, Mel.”

Melissa sat up a little and looked at Rachel. “I'm not staying there ruining his marriage! Even married, I'd still want him. I'm not sure I could tell him no...” she sniffled. “I wouldn't tell him no, if he asked. And it wouldn't just be for the sex...” her voice cracked a little. “It's him. I can't get on with whatever I'm supposed to do with my life if I'm there.”

Rachel had no words of comfort to offer, knowing her friend was right. She turned and gave Melissa a smile. “Well then we'll have you fill out the application and take it over there today. And we'll go on set and watch the guys, then I have to go do some work. You can come with me or hang out there.”

“Sounds like a plan,” Melissa told her, wrinkling her nose at Rachel. “You whore,” she teased, screaming when Rachel hit her with a pillow.

“Look who's talking!” Rachel yelled back, laughing as she thwacked her friend hard in the face. “It still doesn't change the fact that this is all just pretend. We're just...”

“Get your freak on,” Melissa sang, getting up and dancing. “You know they'll know something went on. They're worse than women gossiping. Especially Justin.”

Rachel shrugged. “Justin can just keep his nose out of whatever is going on. It was a one time deal probably.”

Melissa went over to Rachel and sat down by her. “I love you both, so if it's what you wanted then fine. And if you wanna go have mad monkey sex with JC, that's good too.”

“You ruin the mood,” she muttered, shaking her head. She hoped JC wouldn't read anything into what she and Lance did, but at the same time, she couldn't stop his thoughts. Or hers, when they went to Joshua Chasez. Rachel was trying hard to keep her feelings for him on a level playing field with the rest of the guys. It was hard though, being attracted to him and that one kiss they'd shared. “Let's get ready and go see about breakfast.”

The girls got up and got showers, getting dressed and making sure their stuff was put up and grabbed their purses. Melissa grabbed the little envelope for the housekeeper and stuffed a ten down in there. “Now we can go. The housekeeper better clean like a mo' fo.”

“Someday Bass, I'm going to punch you in the mouth,” Rachel told her, opening the door.

“Just not today,” Melissa said, going by and kicking Chris's door hard. “Wake up, Christopher!” she yelled, surprised when the door opened and Joey gave her a look. “Uh, hi.”

“Hi,” Joey told her, not ignoring Melissa, but not pulling her to him either. He made his way down the hall and stopped to hug Rachel before heading on to the elevators.

“At least you waited until the end of the meeting to yell,” JC told Melissa, hugging her before letting her go. “He's decided to finish the video,” he told her, looking to where Joey was standing there at the elevator, waiting for the rest of the group. “I don't know what happened, but you two need to talk.”

“There's nothing to talk about, Josh.” Melissa hated at the look JC gave her, like he was disappointed in her. She hugged the other guys, walking when Justin pulled her along towards the elevators.

“All I wanna know is if you and Fatone got freaky last night,” Justin said, smirking when she didn't answer. “I know Lance did, dude's got that koolaid smile plastered on his face. Lucky bastard. The only gay guy among us and he's getting a piece.”

“And only you would be jealous,” she rolled her eyes as they all got on the elevator.

Rachel was sandwiched between Lance and Mo. “Wonder if we exceeded the weight limit with this,” she muttered, making Mo laugh.

“Sure bet we did. Unless you'd like us to let Justin off the elevator first with no security. That might be worth something right there.”

“I'll cut you, dawg,” Justin said, grinning. He looked over at Joey. “We'll send the gimp out into the line of fire.”

“I'll garner sympathy votes. Those teenage girls out there would eat you alive, Timberlake.” Joey tried to put himself in a different frame of mind to see fans, knowing that they wouldn't care he was going through his own issues. He'd smile and pose for pictures, giving each fan a few seconds of his time before going to the video shoot. They were the reason for NSYNC to be as big as they were. However, his mind went back to last night and he tried to ignore the girl standing back behind him to his right. Even if he could ignore her, Joey's heart still wanted her there.

*^*^*^*^*^*^*

Lance sat down his plate of food and slid into the vacant chair next to Joey. “You've been quiet today,” he pointed out to his best friend, not missing that Joey hadn't said anything to anyone really other than Wayne, giving it his all dancing, even though they all knew it was hurting him.

“Not much to say,” Joey said, popping a chip in his mouth. His eyes had followed Melissa the whole morning, watching her talk with people, the guys and the extras, even Wade and Wayne. He knew she was avoiding him, avoiding his mood. The only time she acknowledged him was to give him a wave goodbye. He waved back, unable to go to her since he was on set between takes.

“Are you and my sister going to keep doing this thing where you ignore each other?”

Joey looked over at Lance after he swallowed. “I'm not ignoring her. She's avoiding me. What the fuck did I do? We spent last night together, I wake up this morning and my bed's empty. How do you want me to act? Like nothing's fucking wrong?”

Lance watched as a couple people walk by before he answered. “Let me answer your question with another question. Would it have hurt more for you to have to tell her goodbye this morning? If she'd have stayed and you woke up and had to watch her leave...” his voice trailed off and he watched Joey's face as his friend thought.

“Mel was saving you from that. And herself,” he added, picking up his fork. “She'd rather die than make you hurt anymore, Joe.”

Joey nodded, picking at his food a little while longer before sighing and looking at Lance. “I feel like I'm just here. Like nothing makes sense anymore,” he admitted quietly, “and I know she wouldn't hurt me on purpose. It's just easy to get pissed and be mad at something like that. If I'm mad at your sister, than I can't love her right?”

“I think you'd love her no matter what,” Lance told him, opening his Coke. “But I'll tell her you said sorry if you want.”

“That works,” Joey told him, looking over at the smile on Lance's face. “Somehow, man, I don't even want to know what happened between you and Rachel last night. Don't give me that look, you were loud as hell during a quiet moment.”

Lance choked on his drink and sputtered at the last statement. “You and quiet don't even go in the same sentence. And as far as the other...as Zucco would say 'You aren't getting any of the horny details'.”


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: joey