Author's Chapter Notes:
Real life stinks sometimes. Enjoy this chapter. Will try to update more than I have been. I blame my Joey muse...Please review. I love hearing what you think.
Rolling over, Melissa expected a body to be next to her. Her eyes popped open in surprise when it was nothing but the cool sheets, shivering at the air conditioning going full blast. “Joey?” she called out, thinking he just got up for a smoke or to go to the bathroom. Listening, she heard nothing. Sitting up, she turned on the lamp and saw that all of his clothes were gone, along with his wallet and cell phone. Getting up, tears welled up in her eyes when she saw the only thing he'd left. The cap he'd worn that day for the video shoot. She'd asked him sleepily if she could have it and he'd said of course. Melissa took it and let her fingers run over it, tears slipping down her face. She sat back down and grabbed her phone and sent off a text to Joey. A strangled sob came from her throat when it came back a few seconds later.

'This cell phone customer has blocked this number...'

Shutting her cell phone, Melissa slipped on some sleep clothes and turned the air conditioner off. It was silly to hope that anything had changed. That Joey was just going to come back to her. What hurt the worst was that he didn't even tell her goodbye. Hugging her pillow, more tears came as she cried herself back to sleep, all the while telling herself that she couldn't keep doing this.

*^*^*^*^*^*^*

Joey suppressed a yawn as he got off the private elevator and made his way to his room. He froze when he heard a door open, hoping it was someone unimportant that wouldn't care it was almost four in the morning and he was dressed in the clothes from the club, smelling of alcohol, cigarettes and sex.

“Have fun, Joseph?” Justin asked with a smirk. “Where the hell ya been, dawg?” The younger man walked over to Joey and looked him over. Joey looked like hell. “Make up's gonna have a field day in a little while. You fuck up today, and I'm gonna be on your ass...You even kiss Mel goodbye?”

“Fuck off, Justin. It's none of your goddamned business,” Joey muttered. “I just wanna go to bed a'ight?” He slipped the key card in and waited for the little light to blink green.

“A'ight, dude,” Justin mimicked Joey and held up his hands as if surrendering. “Just be sure to let us know who's gonna be coming to the hotel room. Don't wanna call somebody the wrong name...” his voice trailed off as Joey turned to glare at him. “You must have the life dawg. You got your wife and soon to be kid..the best friend who you're fuck-”

“You breathe a word and I'll spill every dirty secret you have, Timberlake. Stay the fuck out of my life,” Joey threatened, watching Justin pale a little. “We were both drunk. It was a one time thing,” he groused as if that could explain it away, letting the door shut in Justin's face without another word. He went to the shower and turned it on, intending to let the water get as hot as he could stand it. He told himself that it was a wake up call. He deserved to be happy in his marriage and if he kept it up, he knew there was a good chance of not being married or having his kid in his life. The latter was unacceptable.

*^*^*^*^*^*^*

Rachel opened her eyes when the phone rang and felt air hit her when the warm body she was next to moved to answer. She listened to JC say hello and then hang up, knowing it was their wake up call. “Just a few more minutes, C.” She smiled when she felt his hands on her body under the covers. “That's not sleep, Josh.”

JC kissed Rachel's lips and then grazed her neck with his teeth. “I wasn't planning on waking up early to go back to sleep.” He pulled her under him, his body on top of hers.

Rachel looked over at the clock and saw that it was a half hour before their actual wake up call. “Sneaky, sneaky Chasez.” She ran a finger along his jawline, marveling at the man that was with her. She loved him. And as much as she might not want to admit it, she had deeper feelings for him than she did for Lance. That didn't scare her, she welcomed it like now, letting JC make love to her before they needed to get up and get ready to do the rest of the video shoot for “Girlfriend”. “I love you,” she told him, running her fingers through his hair as he smiled.

“I love you too,” he replied, dropping kisses on her shoulder. “You sure you wanna go to that Backstreet concert tonight? I should feel betrayed,” JC teased Rachel as they made their way to the shower.

“What do you want me to do?” Rachel asked as he turned on the water. She touched him, letting her fingers graze over skin that was usually covered that she now considered hers. Goosebumps rose on JC's body at her touch and she chuckled softly. “I could make it up to you.” It was her best innocent look she could muster as he pulled her into the shower.

“Make it up how?” JC murmured as he pulled her to him so that they were touching, Rachel's breasts against him, turning him on more as the water ran down over them. He gave her a look before leaning in and giving her a soul searing kiss. His fingers were tangled in her hair and when she opened her mouth to take a breath, his tongue darted inside stroking hers, exploring once more. “I want you to be mine once more before we have to get ready today and act like we're only friends,” he said after breaking off the kiss, both of them breathing heavy.

“We are friends,” Rachel countered, biting JC's lip playfully as he growled, letting her hands rest on his chest before sliding them around his neck as he picked her up to press her up against the wall of the shower. Her back arched as she felt Josh's fingers run along her stomach between their bodies down in between her legs. She let out a moan when his thumb rubbed over her clit at the same time his teeth found her neck. “Oh...oh C..mmm..Joshua,” she groaned, tugging on his hair, trying not to slip more down the wet shower wall.

JC made Rachel lock her arms around his neck as he held her against the wall with one arm, his muscles straining a bit and her legs were wrapped around his hips. His erection pressed up against her and it took him a minute to get into position so he could slide into her. “Rachel,” JC breathed her name, feeling how tight and wet she was. “I love you.” He gave her a smile when she replied in kind, setting up a slow rhythm so he wouldn't be hurting her by shoving her hard against the wall.

Rachel moved her hips in timing with JC's thrusts, realizing that she could control how fast or slow they were going since he was holding her up. She shot him a dazzling smile and then proceeded to work her hips faster, twisting in such a way that let her get more of him in her. Biting her lip, Rachel watched JC as his muscles flexed, caught up in their lovemaking. He was the most beautiful thing she'd ever seen. He was watching her with guarded eyes; going from her face to her breasts and back. She was turned on more to know that he liked her body. Rachel's eyes closed, concentrating on the feeling she was getting. The familiar sensation of the tightening of muscles as she got closer to release. Her head leaned back and her mouth opened in a pant. “Faster...harder,” she instructed, yelling out his name after he complied, listening to him grunt and groan as their bodies slapped together, grinding against him as she came hard.

JC did as she asked, his whole body shaking when he came a few minutes later. He kissed her softly, quickly, as he tried to catch his breath. “Just remember who loves you while you're at that stupid concert,” he tweaked Rachel's nose gently as he set her on her feet, his legs feeling jello-y.

“Backstreet who?” Rachel huffed, grinning at him, closing her eyes for a moment. Her whole world felt perfect at that moment. And when she opened her eyes again, she sent up a small prayer that it would keep feeling that way.

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

“Jesus, you look like a fuckin' chimney,” Justin sniped at Joey as they rode to the video shoot. He was stuck by him and Lance, who was busy with his phone. “Not all of us want to smell like an ashtray, dawg.”

“I cracked the window, it's my lungs,” Joey groused back, blowing smoke out the crack in the window.

“What's up with you two? You act like an old married couple that's been in an argument,” Chris remarked, turning around. “Where's your hat, dude?”

Joey looked at Chris. “Why the fuck do you care, Kirkpatrick? Are you my hat's keeper? I couldn't find it.” He wasn't about to tell them where it was. That wasn't any of their business.

Justin shot a look at Joey and turned his head to Lance. “You talked to your sister? See what kind of night she had?” he asked.

The atmosphere in the van got eerily cold. Rachel turned around and gave Lance a look, raising an eyebrow at him and then her eyes found Joey's face. She couldn't see his eyes, hidden by sunglasses, but she didn't miss the way his lips were pursed. “Justin, trade me spots,” she told him. They were at a stop light and she unbuckled, making JC look at her.

“I'm good here, Chica.”

“I said move your ass and sit by JC or I'm going to tell wardrobe you need a damn haircut,” Rachel threatened, smiling sweetly at him when he groaned and got up quickly, switching seats and she flopped down by Joey.

“What's up Fatone?” Rachel asked, getting a grunt in response. She wrapped her arms around him and hugged him from the side, smiling when he moved his one arm and pulled her into a sideways hug. “You are the best one to hug,” she told him, giving an evil eye to Justin. In reality, Rachel wanted to be pissed at him. However she wasn't going to treat him like the redheaded step child on the bus. Justin could toss out insults enough for all of them. It was common knowledge between them what had happened.

“Oh, I am?” Joey said, pulling his sunglasses down and giving her a small smile. “How come?”

“Cause a hug from you can make anyone feel better...but..I didn't say that,” she told him. Melissa had always told her that a hug from Joey could make her whole day better. And Rachel thought he needed one now.

“My sister always said that,” Lance spoke up, looking at Joey as he laced his fingers through Rachel's after they'd quit hugging. He gave Joey a searching look until the other man looked away.

Chris looked at Joey. “I bet Mel knows where your hat is,” he said, getting a head slap from JC. “You got that shit eating grin on your face. Like koolaid...” he told Josh, quickly changing the subject from Joey to JC. “Who was it? Anyone we know?”

“No one you know. Or will ever know,” JC told Chris, shaking his head. At least at this moment, his secret was safe.

“You get some, dawg and don't share the horny details. What the fuck is up with that?” Justin asks, ribbing JC.

“I don't remember you telling sordid details, Timberlake.”

“That's cause it's none of your fuckin' business,” Justin retorted.

“Besides, you all know we're still 'good guys'...None of us are gay or doing anything we shouldn't be,” Lance said, a huge smile on his face as Joey snorted.

“Yes, life is perfect. We're perfect. The shit,” Justin told Lance with a laugh, turning around to look at Rachel, giving her a grin. “I mean, that's what you'd say right?”

“Oh yes, Justin,” Rachel rolled her eyes at him and shooting him a smile. “Everything except for your damn seven minute solo,” she teased.

“Good one, Weatherly,” Joey said, fist bumping her and flipping Justin off.

“Kids, play nice,” JC told them, turning around to look at Lance and Rachel. “I feel like a mother hen.”

“Somedays you are. With Chris and Joey it's like a kindergarten full of kids with ADD,” Rachel replied, blowing them both kisses.

“See if I don't spit in your drink later, Chasez,” Chris threatened, a huge smile on his face.

Lance looked between Rachel and JC, then leaned over to Rachel after the conversation had went quiet for a few moments. “Just a tip. Use different soap,” he kissed her temple to make it look like they were sharing a secret and not something so important. Lance could tell by soap or cologne who had passed him with his eyes closed. It wasn't an overpowering smell, but it was one he associated with JC. He gave her a smile when she blushed, putting his arm around her. That way she would soak up some of his cologne and it wouldn't matter.

The van pulled up and stopped, letting the guys off, the van that was in front with security and other various people unloaded as well.

“Okay, NSYNC and anyone else in the video, you need to get to make up and wardrobe pronto! Let's get this in the bag,” the director yelled, smiling at his cast that was assembled there. It was morning and it was cool outside, but he knew it would quickly warm up. Not just the temperature, but on the set as well when they got ready to do a walk through for the video shoot.

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

“Just ask me, Holly. I can tell you wanna know...or better yet, I'll just tell you,” Melissa sighed, looking at her friend as they went to pick up Rachel to go shopping and then back to Melissa's to get ready for the concert. “Joey and I came back to my place and things got...complicated. And now we're back to where we were before...”her voice trailed off.


“You can't keep doing this to yourself, Mel,” Holly told her as she got on the interstate.


“Yeah, I know. I'm trying...” she looked down at her phone when it buzzed. A smile crossed her face. “One AJ McLean just asked if I wanted to join him for dinner after the concert. What should my answer be?”


“Hell yes!”Holly said, smiling. “That should be your answer, cause that boy is hot.”


Melissa replied back with a yes. It was a start to letting herself get over Joey. She knew she couldn't stop loving him. That wouldn't happen. Part of her heart would always be his, but like Justin had said, she had to stop letting her life pass her by.


“There's Rachel,” Melissa said as they pulled in to the lot where the video had been shot. She watched as her best friend kissed her brother, talking to him before hugging him and then giving a look to JC. It was a quick look, but she figured Rachel's phone would be blowing up with texts between now and the concert. She gave a wave to her friend and rolled down the window when Justin came up to her side of the car.


“You're a traitor, you know that right Chica?” Justin said, putting half his body through the car to give her a hug. “But I still love you.”


“Glad to hear it, Justin,” Melissa said, hugging him back. “Now get out. We have important things to do. Like shopping for some concert attire.”


“Spanky panties and push up bras,” Justin teased, laughing when the girls glared at him.


“No one better be buying that crap,” Lance told the girls, walking up to the car.“Well, I can't speak for Holly,” he gave her a smile then looked at the other two women. “No going looking like a hooker.”


“Damn it, my hooker boots were all polished,” Melissa pouted, giving Lance an eyeroll. “You're such a worry wart. We'll be fine.”


“Says the girl who ended up in jail with her best friend singing 'I Drive Myself Crazy',” Lance muttered.


Holly's mouth dropped open and she stared at Melissa and Rachel. “I haven't heard this story yet,” she told them, causing them both to glare at Lance. “And someone has a date,” she sing songed the last word and looked at Mel.


“NSYNC sister goes out with Backstreet's bad boy,” Rachel quipped from the backseat, smiling when Melissa groaned and slunk down in the passenger seat.


“Melly's going on a date?” Justin said way too loud, which caused Lance to punch him hard in the shoulder. “Like Joey gives a fuck if she's going on a date...He's married.”


“Okay, we're going now,” Melissa told them, pushing Lance's fingers off the window. “If I miss you before you leave, I love you brother!”


“I love you too, sister!” Lance called back, laughing as the three girls all made kissy faces at him and Justin.


*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*


“This is by far the dorkiest thing I have ever done,” Melissa told the other two girls as they got ready. Other girls dressed like this to go to concerts. Ones who had pictures plastered all over their walls and thought they were going to marry said boy band member and have ten kids.


“I would have to disagree. Your high school locker looked like a shrine to Brian Littrell and then those damn pictures of Joey. If you'd have lit a candle in there we could have paid homage every day,” Rachel made a face at her while Holly laughed.

“It wasn't that bad, Ms. 'I love Nick Carter'.”


“Nick's gotten hotter since he's grown up some,” Holly said, with both of them agreeing.

The girls were all wearing Backstreet Boys t-shirts and jeans, make up done. Their hair was all back in one or two french braids and they looked the part of adoring fans. Silly, but not totally outrageous.

“And for the final piece,” Melissa said, fetching Joey's hat.


“Wardrobe chewed him a new ass,” Rachel said, her eyes narrowing. “You're seriously gonna wear that to the concert?” she asked, watching Melissa fiddle with her braids.


“I like the damn hat. No one has to know it was Joey's hat,” Melissa told her.

"Until the 'Girlfriend' video airs and people put two and two together between the hat Joey wears in the video and pictures from tonight," Rachel pointed out. But she had no room to talk. The hat JC wore during the video had wound up in JC's bag. She loved that toboggan.

“AJ wears hats like this.” She shrugged it off, not caring what they thought. Slipping on her glasses, she smirked at Rachel. “We should have dressed like hookers. Just to take a picture and send it to my brother. He'd have a stroke.”

"Can you imagine?" Rachel giggled. "We definitely should have! I can just see Lance's face."

"We could have gotten these t-shirts a size smaller," Holly jumped in tugging at the hem of her simple black shirt. It had a print of all five faces with Backstreet Boys printed down the left side in sparkly silver font. "Push up bras."

"Definitely a push up bra," Rachel looked down at her own less than endowed chest. Her t-shirt was also black but unlike Holly's hers simply had Nick Carter front and center.

"I need more than a push up bra; I need a miracle," Melissa said causing the other two women to burst out in laughter. "Bite me," she stuck her tongue out at them.

"AJ looks mighty happy to be snuggled right in the middle of your bosom," Holly commented on the AJ shirt Melissa was wearing.

"A sign of things to come," Rachel muttered to Holly under her breath. She shrieked when Melissa slapped her arm.

"That has more than one meaning," Holly grinned as Rachel broke out into laughter.

"You guys both suck."

"Quite well according to JC," Rachel grinned.

"I am not hearing this," Melissa covered her ears.

"You wanna hear about the time with Lance."

"Whore," Melissa and Holly said together. "And I don't want to hear about the time you did the nasty with my brother. So gross."

"Alright ladies," Holly said, holding her phone up. "Smile!" She snapped a picture of Rachel and Melissa sending it to Chris before she joined her friends. "Say NSUCK," she snapped the self portrait amidst the laughter and giggles.

"Send me all those," Melissa told Holly. Once the pictures came to her phone, she sent the group picture off to AJ. 'Ready to come see you rock it out, Mr. Smooth.' She giggled at his picture response, showing Rachel. "Hello, Mr. McLean," she said as Rachel shook her head. AJ had snapped a picture of himself giving a smirk and a raised eyebrow. 'See you girls in a bit.'

"Send the picture off to the guys," Rachel said.

"Why would the guys want to see a picture of AJ?" Melissa asked.

"Are you serious?" Rachel stared at Melissa. "The picture of us, you moron!"

"Oh right, sorry," Melissa laughed as she typed out a short text. "'NSUCKA!"

"Let's get our fangirl on, girls," Rachel said with a grin as they grabbed their debit cards and ID's while Melissa got her keys.

"Someone has to drive my car. It's sat long enough," she dangled the keys out in front of them. "Since I can't drive yet."

Holly and Rachel looked at one another and then Rachel grabbed the keys. "We're driving it back here. Or Holly will since you have a hot date tonight." She smirked.

"I guess I shouldn't wait up," Holly said as the girls left Melissa's apartment.

"I'll be home by curfew, Mother," Melissa said.

"Just drop me off back at the hotel with the guys so I can hop on the bus," she made a face. "Lance and I are sharing a bus with Justin for awhile."

"Awww," both Holly and Melissa chorused before giggling. "Poor Rachel won't be able to get laid for awhile."

Rachel stuck her tongue her tongue out at the women. "This is big stuff! The bus is really the only place we can be together without having to worry. But without arising questions, we had to switch it up. JC's on the other bus with Chris. Then Joey's got the one man bus."

"Don't scratch my car," Melissa said, getting in the passenger seat.

"Yes, Grandma," Rachel told her. "Holly, I"m glad you live next to her. You can hear her whine about traffic."

"I've heard it all. 'This traffic sucks. Why do they have six lanes? Are you sure you should be driving that fast?" Holly mimicked, jostling Melissa's shoulder in fun.

"You guys suck ass," Melissa muttered, looking out the window. She was excited for tonight, trying to keep herself from thinking too much about things she had no control over.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: joey