Author's Chapter Notes:
Part 2 of this chapter. Let me know what you think.
“Well, we have news,” Joey said, pulling Melissa to him and kissing the side of her head gently as they sat in his sister's living room. He saw the looks on everyone's faces. “What?”

“Is it a baby?” Janine asked, grinning.

Joey raised an eyebrow and chuckled, looking at Melissa. “They could care less about anything else. 'Knock 'er up, Joe. Make babies',” he said in a falsetto voice, shaking his head.

“It's not a baby,” Melissa told Joey's sister and smiled when she frowned. “We did buy a house though. About fifteen minutes from Joe and Phyllis. Well, we put the offer in. I don't think they'll reject the offer. It's beautiful..”

Phyllis looked at the two of them and tried her hardest not to tear up. She got up from the couch and hugged the two of them. “We'll have to get you some housewarming gifts.”

“We don't need anything, Mom,” Joey told her. “Well, maybe that Shiatsu massage chair...” he grinned as she harrumphed.

“We'll go shopping and leave him at home,” Phyllis told Melissa. “You'll be back in Florida,” the older woman hugged the younger one once more. No matter that Joey had married Kristen, this was her daughter as much as Janine was.

“Tell us about the house, son,” Joe Senior said as he and David fired questions off about the square footage and the yard.



The couple told them about the house, describing some of their favorite things. One of which was the backyard. There was a covered patio and a pool with landscaping. A rock path led away from the porch to a reflection pool that had palm trees around it and a wooden bench to sit at with lights along the path. It had felt like home when they were out there. They could see themselves living there and raising a family.

“It has two walk in closets. Since someone has more clothes than I do,” Melissa bumped Joey playfully as he just shook his head.

“You can go shopping. I'll even go with you,” he offered, threading his fingers through hers. “The kitchen was impressive. Even Melly thought she might cook.” Joey told them about the lighter cherry cabinets and the granite counter tops. The sink and dishwasher were on a massive island, leaving plenty of counter space and a double oven with a gas range and even an indoor grill next to the stove.

“There's a room next to the front door that's like a small library. I'm using that as my art room and reading room. It has a bay window and enough room for a lamp and a small chair, built in bookshelves.”

“There's an office on the first floor too, full bathroom, pantry.”

Phyllis shared a look with her husband, listening to Joey and Melissa talk about the house. She knew it might have been wrong since Joey was still married in a way, but she knew in her heart that this was right. They'd been through so much and were finally back together. It would be good for them to have a little time to themselves.

“My friend Holly is going back to Los Angeles in a few days, I think I am going to call her and see if she will take my food that's in my fridge and ship my laptop and stuff like that and we'll find a moving company to move my stuff back to Orlando.”

“I missed you,” Janine told Melissa hugging her from the side. “And it's good to see my little brother smiling.”

“Agreed. Joe looked like he'd lost his best friend for about six months...now he looks like his old self. A few more gray hairs,” David said with a smile.

“I'm not going gray yet,” Joey defended with a smile as they sat down to eat.

“I think it'll look good though..make you look hotter than you do now,” Melissa told him.

“Do you two ever stop? It's really disgusting,” Janine said, passing the salad after the blessing had been said. “And by disgusting I mean, I hope you two gross out your kids with it. Like Mom and Dad do at times.”

“It's the Fatone charm,” Joe Senior pointed out with a grin.

“Ladies love us,” Joey said with a smirk when he saw Melissa roll her eyes. “I'll just have to break their hearts and tell them I'm taken...”

“By the right girl this time,” Phyllis pointed out. “Skip called today and said he was taking the papers to the judge to look over this week and sign them.”

Joey's head snapped up, surprised. The last time they'd spoken, his attorney had said it would be longer. “How did he wrangle that shit? He said it would be at least a month.”

“The judge is going out of town and wanted to get all of the cases out of the way before he leaves next Friday. It will still have to go through the court house but once he signs off on it...” she shrugged. “He said he would call you when he knows more. The only reason he called me was because he knew you were just finishing up the leg of the tour.”

“So..good news and good news,” Joey said, feeling relieved. Finally something was going right. He felt Melissa squeeze his hand and gave her a smile and leaned over to kiss her hair. There was still a lot to do but now it felt like he could handle it even if it didn't go as smoothly as he thought it should.

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^
Boxes were still in the living room, labeled with what they were stacked against one wall as Joey and Melissa came home from the Bass house after eating dinner with her parents and Lance. They'd closed on the house that Monday and were moved by Wednesday. At least that was Joey's stuff.

It had been many hours on the phone and a lot of paperwork and declaring Holly for sainthood to get Melissa's things in the process of packed up and moved across the country. Those things would be there by Friday, giving them a few days to get at least part of the things put up. They'd gotten the master bedroom and bathroom done enough to find a few things, and the kitchen as well.

“I guess I should feel good about one thing. I have most of my clothes here...” She smiled when he snorted, curling up against his side wishing she could snap her fingers and it all be done. However it was fun, going through pictures and deciding where to put things. Her fingers wound through Joey's and Melissa found herself for the first time in a long time, completely content with her life. Like it wasn't one big disaster after the other.

“You're awfully quiet, Bambina,” Joey said after a few moments. “I vote we go swimming,” he suggested, watching her nod and get up to go find her swim suit. “Can you find my swim trunks?” he asked, watching her nod. That would give Joey time to finish what he'd been doing earlier in the day when Melissa had taken it upon herself to put up curtains in the master bedroom and told him he could go putter around downstairs if he wanted.

Joey hadn't minded, there was enough to do and some things weren't a two person job. He'd cleaned the pool and put chemicals in it, humming as he went along. Then he got an idea seeing a box of lights and some candle holders that had been stuck in the back of a closet at one point in time. He guessed they were some from Janine and David's wedding. Now he was walking around the edge of the pool and lighting candles. Call it the romantic sap in him, but Joey wanted to surprise her. He heard the sliding glass door open and smiled when she said his name, clearly surprised.

Melissa looked at the flickers of light the candles gave out and at Joey who was bent over lighting the last of the candles. The holders were all red and he'd strung up lights on the porch banister. “Joey,” she said, clearly not expecting what she was looking at. It had taken her a little bit to find Joey's swim trunks and then she fussed with her own bathing suit, not sure if she wanted to wear a two piece. “What are you doing?” she asked as Joey took her hand and kissed her knuckles, leading her to one of the chairs and sat her down.

“Just sit there for a minute while I change.”

Melissa sat there and looked around, not sure what was going on. It made her smile that Joey would come up with something like this. He was forever surprising her with things, even things that seemed stupid or silly to everyone else made her love Joey that much more. She turned her head and was surprised to see him carrying an acoustic guitar, not changed out of his clothes. “You were supposed to change,” she pointed out as he drug up a chair to face her.

“Okay, so I fibbed Bambina,” Joey gave her a small smile, adjusting the instrument where he could play. He picked a few notes out and gave her a grin, watching her study him. When he started strumming the guitar, he chuckled at Melissa biting her lip.


“Love me tender, love me sweet, never let me go. You have made my life complete, and I love you so,” Joey sang, putting his heart into the song. He knew she'd never heard him sing and play the guitar. “Love me tender, love me true, all my dreams fulfilled. For my darling, I love you and I always will. Love me tender, love me long, take me to your heart. For it's there that I belong and will never part..” Licking his lips, Joey paused, not sure exactly what he was thinking, but kept on singing, going to the next song. “Baby you'll find, there's only one love, yours and mine, I've got so much love...and needing you so, my love for you, I'll never let go. I've got so much love..All I want is to hold you, let me show you how much I love you-” Joey had his eyes closed momentarily and didn't see Melissa move and jumped when her lips collided with his. He opened his eyes and one of his hands caressed her cheek, feeling that it was wet.

“What's wrong, Mel?” he asked, pulling away to put the guitar down and then looking at her. Joey was confused, watching her bury her face in her hands and sob. “Bambina, mia...” he murmured, pulling the woman he loved into his arms and then into his lap. He felt helpless as she cried, finally looking down at her as the sobs quieted. He smiled a little at her tear stained face. His shirt was wet and Joey kissed Melissa's forehead. “I wasn't meaning to make you cry like that,” he told her, using his thumbs to wipe more tears.

“I..” Melissa took a swallow of air and sighed. “I know. I just...” she shook her head a little, not sure of what to say. “You always do this for me. You make me feel so loved. I'm not sure I can ever tell you how I feel or how I see you. I mean, none of the words to any of the songs fit just right. And you seem to make it so easy...I love you, Joey. That's the only thing I know to say.”

“Then that's perfect. All I need to know from you to know that you love me is for you to tell me. For you to marry me...” his voice trailed off, nibbling on one of her earlobes and smiling when he heard Melissa suck in a breath. Joey let his fingers trail over the exposed skin that the bikini afforded, kissing the spot just behind her ear, his tongue snaking out to taste her skin. “Have babies with me...”

Melissa's eyes fluttered shut and she tried to not squirm at what Joey was doing. “Joseph...” her hands found his hair and yanked, getting a satisfied groan from him. “Come swimming with me,” she said, getting up quickly before he could stop her and turned, looking at Joey sitting in the chair. The bulge in his pants left no doubt that he was turned on and she smiled wider, toying with the front tie on her swim suit.

“What are you doing, Bambina?” Joey's eyes were locked on her, watching her take off her top and toss it into the pool. He swallowed hard at her breasts bouncing some as she stalked toward him. Joey groaned when Melissa straddled his lap and held his hands down on the arms of the chair so he couldn't touch her. “God, Melly...” his voice was gravelly as she purposely rubbed against him, the friction of his jeans making his dick harder.

Melissa impishly grinned and leaned in, swiping her tongue across Joey's mouth and then once more as he leaned up to capture her lips. It was her undoing, kissing Joey, letting go of one of his hands so she could cup his face and run her fingers on his beard. “Mmmm,” she sighed when Joey's hand cradled the back of her head and she let his other hand go, feeling it press on her back. “Joey,” her voice murmured, kissing his cheek. Melissa's fingers found his hair and lightly tugged and then she attacked his ear, nipping the earlobe, running her tongue along the shell.

A growl came from Joey and he picked Melissa up, resisting the urge to just have his way with her right there on the back porch. “You know should know better, Bambina,” he said, putting her down and reaching for the hem of his shirt, pulling it off and tossing it towards the door. He started for his pants, smirking when Melissa smacked his hands out of the way. Joey watched as she got him undressed the rest of the way. “Fuck,” he muttered when he felt her hand wrap around his cock, pumping his dick a few times before her tongue slid down the shaft.

Melissa's one hand was wrapped around the base of Joey's cock, pumping in time with her giving him a blowjob, her tongue running around the head and her teeth barely scraping him. Her other hand was fondling his balls, running a fingernail lightly over them as she listened to Joey grunt and groan in pleasure. She smiled when she felt his hand reach for her hair, taking more of him in her mouth and deep throating.

“Shit..enough of this playing around, Melissa Nicole,” Joey knew if she kept going he'd blow his load and he wanted this to last longer than just what she was doing. He looked around, seeing most of the candles had burnt out already. “Let's go inside. I have a much better place for you to be.” He bit his lip as she released his dick with a 'pop' sound. “You. In the house.” Joey smacked Melissa's bottom and laughed as she giggled and went towards the sliding glass door. He stopped long enough to pull the plug on the outdoor lights. Everything else could be picked up in the morning.

“Stop,” Joey told her, pausing just long enough to lock the door and then caught Melissa by the arm and ushered her toward the couch. He'd spent the nights he had been home during the six months sleeping on the couch, snarling whenever Kristen would gripe about how worn out it looked. He'd even moved it downstairs in the old house so that she could have a new one. It didn't matter now and the thought didn't bother him as he shoved Melissa down on it forcefully, his lips meeting hers as her head came to rest on one of the pillows.

Melissa knew it was pointless to argue with Joey, to try and make him slow down or speed up. He was going to do what he wanted, which was to please her. Sighs and gasps came from her lips as Joey worshiped her body, her swimsuit bottoms coming untied and ending up on the floor. His lips grazed her collarbone, his teeth leaving gentle marks. His tongue, warm and wet latched on to a nipple, making sure to have it more at attention before going to its twin.


Joey didn't care that he was so hard he was about to explode. That every time he brushed against some part of Melissa's body that his dick throbbed. He was going to kiss, lick and suck every part of her that he could. He could smell her scent before he got to her sex, his fingers already slick with her juices. Now his tongue lapped at her pussy, groaning loud at how wet she was. It turned him on that Melissa always wanted him. Other than a couple times, she'd never turned him down for sex. It wasn't just that, but it was the fact that she'd drilled it into his head that he was her 'type'. Joey had always figured when they were friends that she'd go for a guy more like Justin. Or someone that looked not as husky or hairy as he was. And Joey wasn't going to deny that he liked sex. Had a massive porn collection and had teased Melissa to no end when he found out she'd never watched it. His thumb flicked her clit and Joey buried his nose in her pubic hair. A sharp tug on his hair told him she was close.

“Oh God, Joey...oh baby..mmm,” Melissa wound her fingers into Joey's hair, her legs over his shoulders as he kept going, making her shudder and shout his name as she came hard as his mouth lapped up her wetness. Her eyes wrenched open and she looked at Joey who had moved up to rest his head on her stomach, breathing hard himself. “I love you,” she murmured, running a hand through his hair.

“I love you too, Bambina,” Joey said, grinning as he moved to be able to enter her. He was still hard, but at least didn't feel like he was going to cum in a short amount of time. “So wet,” Joey took his dick and rubbed over the wetness, groaning a little when Melissa arched her hips. “Patience, my love.”

“No. I want you.” Melissa reached down to swat Joey's hand away and place his penis where it was at her opening. “Make love to me, Joey,” she whispered, whatever she was going to say swallowed by his mouth on hers. Melissa's nails ran along his shoulders, squeezing and scratching as he put himself inside her. Her breath caught when he buried himself inside her. “Fuck.”

“Yes, that's what we're doing Bambina,” Joey teased her a little, groaning when she ran her fingers over his scalp and tugged at the hair at the front of his head. He used his hands and pulled her legs up more so he could go deeper. “So tight, hot...god,” Joey licked her earlobe as his hips pistoned, growling in her ear.

It took some doing, but Melissa moved further underneath Joey to be able to arch her back more and thrust as hard as he was, grinning when he let out a moan. “That's it, Joseph,” her fingers trailed down his back to his buttocks, squeezing.

“Oh fuck, Melly,” Joey huffed, grunting when her hands went back up to his hair. He didn't care if he went bald in five years. He began to sweat from the exertion and smiled at the scent of sex they were giving off. “You make me so turned on, Bambina,” Joey bit his lip and then bit at Melissa's neck. He wanted to let go and make noise and be loud. It wasn't his fault he was a screamer.

“Be loud for me, baby,” Melissa pulled his face up so she could kiss him, holding on to the back of his head so he couldn't get away, slipping her tongue in his mouth and listening to him whimper as she thrust her hips up hard. “Cum for me, Joey.”

Joey got more turned on, his cock throbbing as he got faster and louder, spurred on by moans of his name and his hair being yanked almost painfully. He could feel Melissa's pussy tighten up around him and all he wanted to was to explode inside her. “Oh...oh god. Shit, Melissa Nicole,” Joey huffed, grinding against her hard as his dick twitched and then his eyes rolled back in his head as he came, his whole body convulsing. He pumped a few more times before laying there on top of Melissa trying not to fall on her, holding himself on shaky arms.

“You're so sexy when you're like that,” Melissa murmured, giggling when Joey made a growling noise and tried to bite her. “You neanderthal.” she swatted at him as he rolled over to where they could stay together but not where he was inside her.

“Did you cum again?” Joey asked, pulling Melissa to him and frowning when she shook her head. “I'm doing something wrong then.”

Melissa rolled her eyes and shook her head vigorously. “Do not even go there,” her mouth twisted into a smile. “You're complaining when we just had sex in our house. On our couch...” she giggled a little. “We got almost naked by the pool.”

Joey captured her lips with his once more, smiling. She was right. “Next time, you're not seducing me like that,” he told her matter of factly after he broke off the kiss.

“You can't resist me,” Melissa smiled. “Joey, I am your destiny,” she said in her best Darth Vader voice, sighing as she got up on wobbly legs to follow Joey upstairs so they could clean up and go to bed.

Joey just chuckled, loving the feel of his hand in hers, not caring they'd left stuff everywhere and he was sure the living room smelled like sex. “That you are, my young padawan. That you are.”


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: joey