Okay, it's only been less than a week and a half, but I'm about to punch Josh dead in his face and it's cuz he's been looking at me with love sick eyes. Justin? He's focused on everything but me when they have interviews and shit, his mind is on what he has to do. Joey is worried about Kelly, Chris has Dani and Lance is the same country boy with one of the biggest hearts anyone could ever want in a friend. Lance has already turned out to be my best confidant in this group of guys like Brian is in Nick's circle of friends, always willing to hear me out over anything that could be bothering me and usually gives me feedback.

I flop down on the couch near the front of the bus and sigh, prompting his eyes to dart to mine for a moment before returning to throwing Goldfish at Joey in hopes of one landing in his mouth. "What's eating you, CJ?" he asks me, using my given nickname from him. He uses my first and middle initials, Cassandrya Jaylyn.

He's worried and I explain my situation concerning Josh with a few words, "Love sick puppy glances and stares from him."

He sighs, excuses himself from the table to talk to me and Joey nods. "You know why and we all know that no matter he gets with, you're at the front of his mind and his heart breaks every time he realizes he isn't yours and that you're not his," Lance effortlessly reminds me, sliding his arm around my shoulders to pull me closer as he comfortingly reminds me. "You said yourself that you love Nick and he's one of your main focal points in your personal life right now, trying your best to keep all friendships with everyone else intact along with dealing with us. You have so much on your plate and it's slowly getting to you, wearing you down to the point of exhaustion."

He's right, he usually is and it's so weird. Chris sits across from me, his Reeboks give him away-they're black, silver and blue. "Annoyed with JC again?" he inquires in Spanish.

"You noticed?" I snarl, replying in the same language.

"Si, prima."

I scoff and roll my eyes when I hear the sound of Josh's shoes on the carpet, thankful I kept my hair down today. "Hey," he groggily greets us, stretching his half asleep body to reveal his taught abs and my mind begins to wander to places it shouldn't. I mentally scold myself.

"Whoosah," Chris reminds me, Lance rubbing my back at that same moment and Josh sits down.

"Fuck 'whoosah'," I mutter.

Lance pinches my side and I jump, firing a quick glare at him, but he just gives me one right back. I growl at him and he reciprocates, wordlessly fighting like siblings or cousins or lifetime friends would. My phone rings, my eyes reading a name I haven't seen pop up on my screen since early this morning and we're almost to the next stop. I'm annoyed enough so that I'm having trouble recollecting where we should be next, just that I know that we're almost there. I groan as I calculate that there's about 3 more hours before we separate into our hotel rooms and only have 5 before they have to arrive at the arena for their pre-show meet & greets, rehearsals and then the show itself. There are a few interviews beforehand at the hotel, but it's only one or two.

"Richmond," Justin says, having memorized each one of my expressions over the past 5 years helps him.

"November 24, New York tomorrow and the day after before we get the chance to have a short Thanksgiving with our families," I recall from memory, allowing it to spurt from my mouth the moment it comes to mind as I answer my cell.

He chuckles. "What about the date, New York and Thanksgiving, Cass?"

"Haha," I retort, "I was talking about the tour dates and where the hell we are."

"Figures, babe."

"Yeah."

"So you get to which part of New York tomorrow?" he asks calmly.

"Westbury, why?"

"Oh, nothing," he innocently replies. "How is the tour going?"

I cover my face with my hand and tell him everything, using Op-Top. We talk a little about the subject, dropping it after a few minutes. "But," I sigh, "otherwise, it's been good and almost like yours."

"You sound exhausted and in need of a good massage."

"Heh, yeah and a little more," I groan, falling back on the couch.

"I can help with that if I ever find you in the next few days between all the promo and tour stuff."

"You're going to New York to see your family."

He laughs. "It's probable."

"Don't fucking tease me, Nick."
"It'll ruin the surprise."

"Nnnniiiiiiiiicccccckkkkkk," I whine, sounding like such a baby.

"Caaaaaassssssss," he mimicks me.

I cross my free arm over my torso and pout. "Aaaaawwwwww, Pookie's not gettin' her way?" Chris taunts.

I flip him the bird and he feigns shock, pushing his tongue through his lips. "I miss you."

"I miss you. I love you."

"I love you more."

I smirk and watch as Joey and Chris make fun of Nick and I, Lance teasingly saying 'Romeo' at the same time. I shake my head and quietly chortle at this scene, trying to dismiss it as his laughter rings in my ear again. I miss him so fucking much that I can hardly stand to wait to see, feel, touch, taste and be with him again. I sigh and Chris yanks the phone from my loose grip, hurriedly talking in some kind of code with my boyfriend and I repeatedly jab him all over his torso with the Kirkpatrick death finger. "Stop it, Pookie!" he scolds me after a few minutes, turning his attention back to Nick and I continue to jab him. "No."

"Ugh!"

"It's something you'll appreciate, you should sit down and let it happen," Josh tells me, pulling me into his lap.

I rip his hands off me, throw them away from me and he looks at me confused. "Don't, just don't, Josh."

I sit across from him, resting my head on Justin's shoulder and pouting yet again. "What did I do now?" Josh questions.

"Lovesick pup look," I growl.

He quickly gets to his feet and darts for the bunks, disappearing into his. He's mad because he'd been caught by me and I don't think he's going to chance looking at me or talking to me other than when he needs to, but I could care less as Chris hands me the cell. "Thanks," I retort.

"So, I'll call you after their show tonight to help you fall asleep as best as I can as far from each other as we are," he softly tells me.

"Okay."

"Miss and love you, babe."

"Miss and love ya more."

"You hang up."

"You first."

"On three, hang up at the same time."

We count to three together and both reluctantly disconnect the call, mine being placed on the table in front of me. I look at it and release a sigh, Chris copying me from across the table. "Miss your Roooooooomeeeeeeoooooo?" he teases.

I flip him off again and give him a death glare. "Maybe just a teensy bit," I confess, motioning the smallest amount I can between my thumb and forefinger.

Lance and Joey crack up. "Yeah, keep telling yourself that, Sandy," Joey laughs.

I flick my hand at them and walk to the bunks, clambering into mine across from Josh's. I pull out my journal and song book, writing in it for a few minutes prior to putting it away. I look at the top of my bunk and silently think to myself, wondering what Chris and Nick are planning for me. "CJ, wake up, hon," Lance calls out to me, gently shaking my shoulder.

"Hmm?" I hum through the sleep induced fog.

"We're in Richmond, parked behind the hotel right now."

"Mmm up."

He laughs softly and helps me down from my bunk, assisting me in walking up to our shared room. He sits me on the bed and informs me that he's willing to let me sleep through the interviews, considering that they should take an hour at the very least. The hotel is only 9 blocks away from the arena they're playing in tonight.

I watch as an upset Howie walks away from me, a hurt Nick beside me and Alex with a shit eating grin plastered to his damn face. It doesn't help explain a damn thing with a very confused Josh and an even more confused Justin beside me while Lance taps his foot with crossed arms in my direction. Joey and Chris are heatedly expressing their disdain at my current situation and I have no fucking clue what happened.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story