Nick and AJ go clubbing every night they can, this time inviting us after our last show this week. Her black cherry hair leading the way through the crowd to the dance floor, leaving me with Nick and AJ and I get a knot in the pit of my stomach. AJ pulls an off white ball out of a baggie, places it on the glass top table and cuts up some of it into 2 lines of powder before they each snort a line through a straw in their nostrils. They sniffle a few times and Nick relaxes in his seat. "It'll kick in soon, kid," AJ tells him.
"I feel so bad doing this and lying to her," Nick admits.
"Get over it. She's our management and hasn't caught on."
"She will soon enough."
'Damn right she will,' I think to myself.
"Just sit back and let it kick in," AJ growls. I stand and AJ glares at me, Nick's eyes revealing guilt and fear. "Say something and I'll kick your ass myself."
"Yeah, whatever," I sneer.
I rapidly walk down to the dance floor and find her, cutting in on Lance's dance with her. "What's going on with Nick and AJ?" she asks, smirking.
"I need to talk to you alone to tell you," I confess in her ear as we grind.
"What's up?"
"It's-"
"He's overreacting," AJ shouts over the music, glaring at me again and Nick steps behind him.
"Hey, baby," Nick greets her, looking coked out and guilty about what he'd just done behind her back with AJ.
She grins like the creepy cat from 'Alice In Wonderland', kissing him and dancing with him. "Hey, we can tell her later, Justin."
"Okay," I angrily agree, walking away, annoyed and pissed I didn't get the chance to tell her.

I walk over to where Joey and JC are posted up on the wall, quickly putting the bottom of my foot on it and lean back on it. JC eyes me, glances at Joey and sips on his drink. "What's eating you?" Joey questions, knowing something has me all up in arms.
"Not here," I tell him.
"VIP?" JC suggests.
"Get Chris and Lance," I demand, heading for the room he offered for privacy.

The four of them come in and I'm sitting where Nick had, replaying the scene in my troubled mind. "Why was I pulled away from Dani?" Chris growls at me.
"I don't think you're going to believe me," I mutter, looking at my best friends and brothers.
"Just tell us already," JC snaps.
"Nick and AJ did coke," I blurt out.
"What?" Chris barks, heated.
"You mean coke as in the soda, right?" Lance inquires, hoping I'm overreacting.
"I mean COCAINE!" I yell, shooting to my feet and looking them in the face, pointing at the remainder of the fine powder on the table.
Lance flops down where I was when Nick and AJ had snorted the lines. "Oh, wow!"
Chris' face contorts in pure anger, breathing heavily through his nose and his brows furrow together. "You mean to tell me that her BOYFRIEND IS SNORTING COCAINE, Justin?" he asks, teeth clenched and ready to snap.
"AJ said he'd kick my ass if I told her," I add.
"What about NICK?" Joey demands.
"He's feeling like crap for doing it behind her back," I confess.
"Always knew it seemed too good to be true," Chris barks, sitting on the arm of the couch and leaning back on the wall with his arms crossed to match his facial expression. Joey and JC stand there, frozen in place and disbelieving. They must be in shock. JC darts out of the room and runs to her, telling her something in her ear before they disappear outside by the time we get to the balcony overlooking the dance floor.

Minutes later, she darts back in and she's in a moody fluster over what JC had told her. Her hair and hands flying around her head, her jean and tube top clad body emitting anger beyond what I've experienced. Her wedge heeled foot stomps on the floor, her small arms folding and I see JC begin to explain what he knows. He motions to me with an open palm hand, adamant about what he's telling her and becoming increasingly frustrated over the matter. She grabs at her hair, quickly dropping her fists to her sides and storming off.
I watch her grab Nick's hand and he stoops down enough for her to say something, the two of them racing out of the building so fast that we can hardly follow it while JC follows her around. He stops short of the exit, his forehead falling onto the wall in defeat. He slowly climbs the stairs to us, shaking his head. "What happened?" Lance asks him.
"She said I was lying out my ass and she was going to get Nick. She made true on her word and they left with me chasing her, arguing the best I could with her. You saw how well THAT fucking went, his lies believed before she'd give the truth I was telling her a fair chance."


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story