Cass thinks I'm lying, but why would Justin lie about something like that with evidence on the fucking table? I can't believe Nick and AJ are doing that shit, lying to her and behind her back. She's dating Nick and he's hiding it from her! Hell, everyone of us around her know damn well they fuck and live together! How does he keep this devastating secret from her?
"JC?" Bobbie calls out for me, her voice joyous and I hear the proof of her most recent shopping excursion.
I groan and enter the living room, upset over how much she must've blown on my credit card. "Yeah?" I ask, feeling a migraine coming on and I scratch my head.
"I found the prettiest dress at this little boutique-"
"Return it, everything and go home. I have enough going on and I don't need this," I tell her, emotionless to her desires.
When I look at her, her jaw is clenched and there is definitely fire in her eyes. "I go get some nice things for me to wear, things to keep your interest and this-" she begins to argue.
"With MY fucking money and MY credit cards!" I scream at her.
Tears well up in her eyes and she throws the item at my head, missing by less than an inch. Her heels click the whole way to the front door, my tile floor and stop by the small table used for keys, pausing for a moment. "I hope you know that Chris' bitch cousin was with her drug addicted boyfriend at the shop where I bought the dress, asking him about some 'stuff' he was doing and he told her not to worry because he's 'not on anything'!"
The keys are picked up, my door is opened and slammed before I hear her car speed out if the driveway. The gravel told on her, telling me how she tore out of the driveway. "Well, that went better than expected, easier than I thought," I think aloud to myself, sarcastically.

I email Nick, nearly 3 hours after I had heard they were shopping.
'Nick,
It's JC. I know you lie to her about what you and AJ are doing behind her back. Stop lying. I will get through to her.'

I read it over a few times and send it. All I can do is hope for the best now. I think about memories of my girlfriend and I, our fights about her and most of them were calling her by Cass' name or how doing that made an argument worse.

*~*Memory #1 7 1/2 months earlier*~*
Making love in that hotel room, things are hot and heavy when she says the worst thing to me just before I get off. "Say my name."
"Cassie!"
She kicks me off her and kneels naked on the bed, pissed. "Are you fucking around on me?!" Bobbie exclaims, her hands on her hips.
"No," I honestly reply, getting up and grabbing my things before starting down the hall to my room once I've gotten pants on.
"Then who the hell is she?" she softly demands, when I open the door.
"You wouldn't understand." I leave, closing the door behind me and I fear she's going to make a scene as I hear the click of her door opening.
"Who the FUCK IS CASSIE, JC?"
I knew it. I ignore her and enter the room I share with Chris, aware he's awake by the sound of his bed linens. "You better say you didn't call her what you call Pookie."
"She said to say her name just before I busted."
"Damn, man," he laughs, "You need to tell her what Pookie is to you."
"It's hard to explain," I claim. It's the first thing that came to mind.
"Yeah, suuuuurrrrrreee. Your loss," he says with a quick chuckle, rolling over and he knows it's a lie. "You never got over that crush on her, but she did and you wish she was with you, not Nick or AJ or any other guy and it includes Justin," he informs me, knowing me far too well, almost stalker status.

*~*Memory #2 6 months earlier*~*
"I don't care why you need it!" I scream.
"But, baby," she pouts, whining like Cass used to when Chris would tell her she couldn't skip school.
"No, Cassie!"
"Who the hell is she?!"
"Don't worry about it, she's not important."

She looks over my shoulder at something, smirking satisfactorily. "Okay, fine," Cass angrily mutters, slamming the door shut and locking herself in the back lounge when I turn around.
"Cassie, look, I'm sorry," I say through the door, my hands and head on it.
"JC," Bobbie calls me.
"Not now, I can't lose one of my best friends," I growl at her.
"You're such an asshole!"
"Go away, Josh," Cassie tells me, sniffling on the other side of the door.
I feel like shit for saying that and even worse that she heard it. Lance's hand rests on my shoulder and I look at him standing beside me. "What did I do wrong?" I'm mad at myself.
"You lied about how much she matters to you."
"Please, help me keep my best friend, the only girl I consider a best friend," I beg him.
"Let me see what I can do," he informs me, helping me to my bunk.

*~*Memory #3 7 weeks ago*~*
"Baby, I can't believe we're this big!" Justin exclaims as he hugs her to his side on the couch in the lounge.
"I know, right?" she giggles, her southern drawl coming out.
"We start recording tomorrow for our next album."
"Yeah, I start mine next week."

I walk down to my hotel room on the way back from the club, hearing all too familiar moans and even though I'm drunk off my ass, I still know Justin's still out at whatever the place was. Wade bumps into me, tugging his shirt down as he backs out of her room. "Remember to stretch tomorrow before rehearsal," he tells her, closing her door.
"I'm drunk, not stupid," I remind him, wobbly as I jabbed what I believed was his chest.
"Let's get you to bed, man," he laughs, leading me there

"Thanks," I say, Wade dropping me on the bed.

*~*Memory #4 Last week*~*
"Man, I can't wait to finish this album," Justin excitedly announces, walking backwards in the recording studio's halls.
"Me, either," Chris admits.
"Exactly!" Lance agrees.
"The next tour will be INSANE!" Joey shouts, holding his head.
"We need to get through this one and then finish the next album," I remind Joey. "I'm excited, too, guys and you know Cassie has to clear it on top of everyone else."

Halfway through our lunch, Bobbie bursts in like her hair caught on fire and a letter on orange lined paper in hand. Oh, jeeze, here we go again. "Who the hell is this from, JC?"
I watch the letter as she shakes it at me. "Let me see it and I can fucking tell you," I growl.
She allows me to take it, folding her arms and I read the first sentence. I know exactly who wrote it. "Chris' little cousin, Pookie, babe. She always writes 'I love you' to all of us."
She looks at the other four guys and they confirm it, forcing her to breakdown.

*~*Today, Right now (5:27p)*~*
My house phone rings and I check the caller ID, confused why she'd call me now. "Hey-"
"What did you see 2 months ago?"
"What?"
"What did you see that night we got back from the club before him?"
"Oh! That night! I can't remember much."
I know I nearly drank myself into oblivion after a fight with Bobbie over Cass. "Thanks, JC," she says, releasing a sigh of relief and clueless that I suspect her of something. I've known her far too long not to, aware I just lied to her and it's not my place to get involved without being asked.
"Why do you ask?"
"I thought you may spread a rumor or that something may start a fight between Justin and I."
"Nope, I drank too much to even recall how I got from the club to my hotel room and in bed." Lie #2.
"Ok," she replies, giggling. "Talk to you soon, JC."
"Later." I place my cordless back on its base and shake my head at how gullible Brit is sometimes.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story