We walked into a tattoo shop together and he began talking to an artist, something about an arm band for him. I'm patiently and anxiously awaiting for my chance to add to the conversation, some of the tattoo boards catching my eye. I walk over to them and begin flipping through them. "Baby?"
"What's up, Cass?"
"Why don't you get this?" I ask, pointing to a shark.
He comes to look at it, considering it and nods. "You have to get something ocean related," he reminds me, kissing my neck from behind me.
I flip through some more and settle on a trio of dolphins jumping out of the water and smile to myself over it. "This one."
"Okay, baby."
The dolphins will signify three important dates to me, all having personal meanings to me. It's now February 9, 1999 and Chris' group is pretty big. Justin found one of Trace's cousins about a month ago, DNA done and turns out she had been adopted at 5 months old. Her name is Hermonie, she's 17 and her birthday is the day they played in Boston or Worcester, Massachusetts. I think that was on January 10, but she had no clue why she had been drawn to Trace's stupid self.
I sit in the chair to be inked and strip out of my pants, indicating that I want it to be on the inside of my right thigh. Nick and Jenissa (the artist) look at each other. "Are you sure, hon?" she asks me.
"Positive."
"Baby, that's gonna hurt the whole time it heals," he warns me.
"You'll understand why when you hear the dates I want hidden in it-June 16 for the first dolphin, October 31 for the second and June 9 for the third."
"Makes sense as to why you'd want that there," he comments with a sly smirk, kissing me.
"Let me draw it out and press it there," Jenissa informs us, prepped to ink us and she goes to the light table to illustrate it for me. "What do these dates mean to you?" She questions, pressing it to my inner thigh and interrupting the quiet conversation Nick and I were having.
"June 16 refers to the June I turned 16, October 31 is our official anniversary and June 9 is when we first made love."
"Sounds personal to you both."
"It is," Nick replies, kissing me. "I want the same dates in the shading of my shark."
"They're in the fins in hers," she tells him, weaving his name and mine into the waves of the water. She incorporates a heart between our names easily.

She whipped mine out pretty quickly, switching her supplies out as we switch places and I straddle him. I have 2 or 3 gauze over the new ink, minimizing the pain and Neosporin slathered on it to prevent infection. When she returns, we're kissing and she stands behind him to catch my eye. "Where do you want it?" she inquires.
Nick smirks, reaching his right arm between us and puts his hand over his left arm just below the shoulder on the outside. Putting it there would make it nearly impossible to cover up. "Right there." He looks at the paper and scrunches up his face at it. "Where are the dates?"
"Along the back of the shark," she points them out for him and I smirk, seeing how small she had done it for him. Our initials are hidden as well.
"Go for it and she's going to distract me," he informs her, grabbing me by the back of the neck gently to guide my face to his for a lip lock session and I softly groan into his mouth.
"You can't move your left arm, Nick," she reminds him.
"Sorry, it's instinct to grab her with both hands," he apologizes with a dirty grin.
I kiss him and he groans in pain, putting his right hand on my stomach. "Focus on me, Nick," I say, lightly brushing my fingers over his torso.
"How long have you been together?" she inquires, working on the dates to construct its back and fin.
"Almost 4 years," I tell her.
"Why two dates in June?"
"June 16 is the day we kissed for the first time the year she turned 16 and the other -OW!- one is when we first... y'know," explains between waves of pain.
"Poor baby," I tease, giggling.
"Sure, it's-OW!-funny to-OW!-you," he growls at me, bedroom eyes focused on me.
"Told you it wouldn't tickle," I reiterate, giving him a told you so face.
"Later," he groans.
Jenissa chuckles at us, how we tease each other and all the sexual innuendoes we use. "You two are the most interesting clients I've had in 3 weeks," she informs us.
"Yeah?" I question cautiously and she nods. "Why are we so entertaining?"
"It's how you interact-teasing each other, how you distract him and the way you talk to each other."
"At least," he starts saying, pausing to hiss and wince in pain, "someone's enjoying it."
"Yeah, me and your girlfriend are really enjoying it," she laughs.
"Now I have two tattoos and I didn't whine nearly as much as you! My first one was right on my hip bone on top of that!"
When I laugh, he digs his fingers into my left thigh and I inhale sharply. "Seems like he found a way to transfer the pain."
"Nope, just making sure he's rewarded later," I groan, my jaw clenched.
"Hmm, interesting way. I take it you like pain?"
"When he does inflict the right amount, he ensures he's gonna get some."
"I am today," he informs me more than Jenissa, a dirty chuckle escaping his throat and his arousal is evident below me and in his eyes. "Fuck."
"Later," I retort playfully.
She looks at me when she goes for ink, her eyes stuck on mine and she freezes in place. I look at Nick and he gives me the grin that drives me wild, releasing the chuckle that always gets us into some sort if trouble. "She stopped because your eyes have green and blue in them, baby."
I laugh, effortlessly sounding sexy and he chuckles. "Might not make it the 10 blocks home."
"I've never seen eyes like yours, never mind someone's eyes change from dark honey to what yours are now," she confesses, shaking his head and continuing his tattoo.
"Pretty, aren't they?" he asks.
"Unique, actually."
"One of her best qualities," he admits, receiving a kiss after it from me.
"Thank you, baby," I coo.

My phone rings in my ass pocket and I look at the caller's information, answering it happily. "Hey, you! Been awhile."
"Ha! I know. Where you at?"
"Tat shop with Nick."
Nick's eyes are glued to me, the caller groaning. "When will you be home?"
"Why? What's up?"
"I wanna talk to you alone."
"What about?"
"Nick."
"Why?" I ask, looking at my boyfriend expectantly and he answers with a confused expression.
"When can we meet? Where's a good place?"
"Meet me at Chris', I have to be out there for dinner anyway."
"What about him?"
"He's going to his friend's to chill while I'm in 'Lando."
Jenissa wipes his arm for the final time. "You're done. Check it out in the mirror."
I let him up. "That works out perfectly."
"Yeah," I say slowly, narrowing my eyes at Nick, "see you then."
I hang up, shoving it in my back pocket as he grins at it and I can tell he's happy he got the ink done. "Justin wants to talk to me about you." I fold my arms and look at him through the mirror and he looks into my eyes, turning to hold me.
"Did he say why?" He kisses me softly.
"No clue why."
"Are you keeping secrets?"
"No, none," he tells me, having thought about it as we walk to the front counter to pay for the body art.
Of course I believed him then. "Okay. Just hope I don't find out otherwise from someone else," I warn him.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story