I knock at Brent's door, fully aware Bryn is here and that they're together. "About damn time you show your face!" he jokes and I pretend to laugh as she walks up behind him.
"What's wrong, Nick?" she asks, reading me like you can see through a brand new window.
I sigh as I enter her apartment, shaking my head. "Sit down, man," Brent tells me.
I sit down and Bryn gives me the sad eyes. "No, we didn't end it. I think Justin is going to BLOW my cover today."
"Why would you do it, knowing she'd find out?" Brent observes.
"I lied to her once about it, almost getting busted the night before and she nagged me for 3 fucking days after!"
"You can't keep lying to her, Nick! Look what it did to us!" Bryn yells.
"You have to tell her, man," Brent agrees with his girl and my ex at the same time.
"What is he lying about?"
"Think about what he said about Justin and his cover, babe."
She thinks for a minute before she slugs me, her face contorted in pure anger. "Who's ass do I kick for getting you fucking hooked on that shit? Where was your mind? WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU?!" she rambles.
"AJ pressured me and I caved. I wish I knew."
"How long?" she demands, smacking my new tattoo.
"OW! Watch where you hit me!" I yell, rubbing my arm. "A year or two."
"You could lose her," he comments.
"I'm aware of that."
"Tell her," they say at the same exact time.
"When the time is right."
"Now would be best," Bryn tells me, pissed off with me. Just imagine how mad Cassie would be when she finds out.

My phone rings and it's her, so I answer. "Hey, baby," I greet her.
"Have you done things behind my back I should know about? Maybe like drugs?"
Bryn is giving me the evil eye, motioning for me to tell her and as much as I want to-it WON'T come out. "I told you I smoke, babe."
She smacks her face, leaving the room and Brent follows. I hear Cassie smack Justin hard. "Stop lying, Ramenhead," she growls at him. "See you when I get home. Love you."
"Love you, too."

"Nick, you fucking lied to her again!" Bryn screams at me, slapping the back of my head.
"Bryn, he's going to get himself in so deep that he'll have no choice but to confess."
"I hope he's caught before that and by HER," she snaps.

They sit together and whisper between themselves. "One year and then I'm telling her myself," Brent informs me.
"Six months before I do," Bryn tells me. The way they're talking, I have NO room to barter with them.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story