I'm sitting in the living room, anxiously waiting for her to come home as I listen to the broken record of Bryn and Brent's promises to tell her if I don't. 'TELL HER OR WE DO.' Look at what I've gotten myself into, scared to confess this to her. I feel as if I'd slept with one of her closest girlfriends, but it's not why. I know I need to tell her, but it's so hard to tell her and its because I'm easily distracted by her.
The sound of her car pulling up to the house tells me I've run out of time to tell her, no time to figure out how to word it. She walks up the path, the sound of her key unlocking the door makes me countdown in my mind. I mentally scold myself for hiding this from her.
"Hey," she greets me, sitting on the edge of the coffee table in front of me and taking my hands in hers.
"Hey, babe."
"What's up?" she asks me.
I close my eyes and take a deep breath, Cassie moving to sit beside me on the couch to rest her head on my leg. I squeeze her hands and look into her honey drops. "Remember when we used to fight about the shit AJ was doing? The fight on the Backstreet's Back Tour?"
"Yeah," she slowly replies, squinting her eyes at me.
"Well, he has been doing blow," I begin leading into it.
"And?"
"Justin and JC weren't lying to you-I have been for the past year or two," I confess, feeling like an asshole instantly.
She sits up, smacks my chest and leaves without another word which makes me feel even worse about not telling her before.

"You did what?!" AJ screams at me. He drove down here, planning on surprising us with a movie night and playing on the game systems. He wanted to chill, but I ruined it.
"I told her." I hang my head, scraping the edge of my fingernails with the thumbnail on the other hand.
"What'd you fucking do that for, man?!" he shouts, slamming his hands on my counter.
I bite my tongue, silence enveloping us and the front door slams. He's been here nearly half an hour. "Because he's not your lying ass!" she bites at him.
"Hello to you, too," he sarcastically remarks.
"How long you been on it? Two years? Three? Four?" she snaps at him, her hands on her hips when she stops to stand against the side of my table and leans back on it
He's silent. "Fuck you, Cassandrya! I'm leaving," he growls, rushing for the door.
"You open that door and I call Johnny, Fatima and the label," she warns.
I know I fucked up, so I keep my head down and my mouth shut. "What about him?" AJ snarls, meaning me.
"I'm gonna take what she dishes out and try to be good to her from now on," I comment, illustrating invisible drawings on the countertop in front of me using my finger.
He scoffs. "Right."
"Shut it and siantité, cabrón," Cassie orders him sternly.
I hear the anger in her voice, not feeling up to fighting with her right now. I hear my tall bar chair pull away from the counter, feeling a small pocket of chilly air brush my side when he does as she commanded. "What?" he groans, her eyes most likely glaring at him.
"Face me, Nickolas," she demands and I oblige. "Alexander, how long? Don't bother lying to me because I can recall when you started being a dick pretty well."
"The night after we broke up and I was high when you punched me," angrily admits, folding his arms. He hates being cornered for any reason.
"That's what I thought. That means by the time Nick and I had first slept together, you'd been on it for nearly a year." She shakes her head, disappointed in us both. "Nickolas?"
"Almost a year now."
"Honestly," she growls through her clenched teeth.
"20 months." I drop my head again.
"After I found out and I called them liars, it turns out you two are the ones telling all the lies!" she yells at us, thrusting her arm out toward the living room and pointing out of the window.
She's in no mood to hear us begin apologizing, so we remain quiet. "Should I drive home?" AJ inquires.
She glances at the clock, her eyes settling back on us and releases an angry sigh. "It's almost midnight, so pick a guest room and I'll take a different one."
She drops her head into her hand, her elbow resting on the other arm. AJ walks off to find a room and I walk over to her, one of her hands placed on my chest stops me. She's pushing me away, her head rocking from side to side. "Cass-"
"Don't touch me. We will talk about this tomorrow when we get up. Leave me alone until then," she warns me.
Chapter End Notes:
Last chapter was accidentally doubled up... Oops!


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story