I wake up, hearing silence greet me and check my phone. I have a crazy amount of texts and a ton of missed calls, all need answers. A Detroit number catches my eye, piquing my curiosity and I call it. "Aaliyah Haughton," a familiar voice greets me, but my mind draws a blank for a face.
"Hello, this is Cassandrya Kirkpatrick. I believe you called me awhile ago," I tell her.
"You're Chris' cousin/manager, right?"
"There's many Chrises in this industry."
"The one in *NSYNC, Nick Carter's girl, hon," she checks.
"Yes, that's me. How did you obtain my number?"
"AJ Mc-" she begins, my head shaking.
"He's dead," I grumble.
She laughs "I'm sorry, 'Drya. He said you wouldn't mind helping me with some routines, songs or the recording process. I apologize if I've overstepped any sort of boundaries."
Duh! I forgot I could do all that! I've been managing these guys far too long! "Oh, no! Not at all! What do you need, Aaliyah?"
"I need a background vocalist, a routine for TRL and a ghost producer/engineer. Could you also help me with a few songs for my self-titled album I've just begun recording?"
"All at once?" I ask, surprised.
"No," she chuckles. "The TRL routine and then we can work on the album once that over unless you're comfortable with sending discs and ideas via email or regular mail."
"Definitely."
"Would you mind if I overnight some lyrics and backtracks for you to work on?" she excitedly inquires.
"Sure, I also need the song you're going to perform on TRL."
"It's called 'Turn The Page', 'Drya," she informs me.
"Whoa! Is it going on the MOH soundtrack?" I question, almost sure I've heard the guys talking about it.
"Yeah, how did-. No, wait," she giggles, "Chris told you."
"Actually Justin and Josh claimed to have seen you leaving the studio in New York a few months ago and I thought they were exaggerating."
She laughs. "Oh, lawd! They do it often I'm guessing."
"Too often," I confirm, rolling my eyes. "Is it an uptempo or slow?"
"Slow."
"Just walk around the stage and interact with your fans by the edge of it."
"Thanks! I'm sending out materials to you tonight and you should have them in the next couple days. Do I send them to Chris' house or Nick's?"
"Nick's and make sure it says care of Nick Carter."
"Will do. Thanks again!" she chirps.
"You're welcome. Talk to you later."
"Bye," she confirms, disconnecting the call.
I look at the phone strangely before smiling. AJ does think of someone other than himself once in awhile. Now I'm going to be busy for the next year or two during all the breaks, maybe I should thank him.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story