I shoot upright in the bed and look around to find nobody around me, hurriedly deciding on finding the guys. I need to talk to Chris and I text him as I search for the hotel plans, quickly finding who's room is whose. He tells me that they are in Joey's room, two doors down from my own and I walk in as they wrap up the first one. Chris knows I need to talk to him and he quickly pulls me aside.

"What happened?" he demands me to tell him and I do, his eyebrow rising as I explain the dream. "Why would you think that? You've been faithful to Nick, right?"

"Why shouldn't I be?"

"It might just be that you feel guilty being with us and not him, your heart telling you to stay true to him."

I sigh, nodding my head and agreeing with his analysis.

I'm watching them dance around for their fans, smiles platered on their sweat-soaked faces as I impatiently await the end of it. Nick said he'd call around 10:45, we would be on the road for nearly 15 minutes by then and I smile at the memory. "Get ready, girl," Tiny tells me.

"Everything is on the bus already and all I have to worry about are my cell and all access passes."

He hums his approval and appreciation, standing beside me with crossed arms and a very stern look on his face. They have one song left before we load up and head for Westbury, walkie checks happening during their final routine. They re-intro the band and run off stage, quickly falling into step in the middle of the guys and security.

"What'd you think, CJ?"

"You guys did great tonight," I praise them and head to the lounge, plopping down on the couch to watch the outside scenery flicker.

Westbury, NY and we pull in behind a motel, loading everyone into separate rooms. The guys take 2 to a room and security does the same, forcing me to have my own room. I stumble into my room, the light already turned on and slowly enter to prevent being attacked. I notice the vase of tiger lillies on the dresser that's in the room and upon looking around, I find Nick asleep with his head on his arms on top of the small square table in the corner to my left. His bag is by the bathroom door and all my favorite flower petals on and around the bed. It's about 7am the 25th and Nick went out of his way to do this for me, making a small and tired smile appear on my face as I drop my bag by his. He has on basketball shorts, nothing more and I take the chance to change into my bed shorts before waking him up to get in bed. I kiss the corner of his mouth, startling him awake and he pulls me into his lap to wrap his arms around me. I let out a short giggle and hug him back. "You should sleep."

"Only if I can curl up with you," he barters.

Only if I can cuddle up to you. He smirks sleepily and stands up, carrying me over to the bed. I move the blankets so we could get under them and fall asleep, something we both want to do together. Hey, just over a week can feel like forever sometimes.

We get to the Big Apple and find out that they'll be on the M&M float for the Macy's parade tomorrow. Josh sees Nick climb out of my bunk as we pull up to a Denny's and exit the bus, Josh going into asshole mode instantly. "Why is he here?"

"To see me, don't worry." I roll my eyes and link my fingers with Nick's, walking toward the restaurant's doors.

Just an FYI, it's like 4 or 5 in the morning and we're getting breakfast before we get to the hotel for a few (something like 2-4 hours) more hours of sleep. Nick and I have slept on and off for the past day almost, so sleep isn't too important at the moment.

Justin sees him at the table and shrugs it off, knowing it would be happening. Chris, Lance and Joey smirk at each other before they practically sing 'Romeo', enticing Nick and I to stick our tongues out at them in response. They laugh and it seems that Josh is the only one of their quintet to be bothered by Nick being with us. He's going to have to suffer, Nick isn't here to start problems and that's what Josh has in mind.

Everything was peaceful until after the parade, Nick just announced that he had a surprise for all of us and I have to admit that he's beyond selfless. Lance's family had already come to take him to dinner, Joey's headed to an uncle's house and Justin had been thrilled to see his new baby brother with all four of his parents. Josh's whole family had been flown to NYC to celebrate with him and he still can't suck up his pride long enough to thank Nick for the nice gesture, for bringing his entire family to him for Thanksgiving. Chris and I are too busy chattering about being together for the first Thanksgiving in a few years due to doing our own things, planning on just hanging out together. "Baby, close your eyes," he whispers to me, lifting my hands to cover my eyes. "You, too, Chris. It's only fair."

Chris groans, but does as Nick requested. "Why?"

"Open them."

We do and both of us are in the midst of joyous tears, shrieking and excited loud chatter with his mom, sisters and Gram Laina during our rounds of hugs. "You've gotten so big, Cassie."

"I'm 19, Gram."

"Who is this boy who helped get us here for the holiday?"

I glance at Nick and smile, looking back at my Gram. "He's my boyfriend, Nick. We've been together since June 1995."

"Oooooh, over 3 years!" I nod, Nick pulling me onto his lap and he presses a kiss to the back of my neck. She smiles at us, recognizing my eyes are twinkling with happiness and love. "Congratulations, dear."

"Thank you, Gram."

"You'll do just fine."



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story