Chris is smiling like a goon at his cell phone as he texts away like his life depends on it, Nick flew in to see her again and it's the night before the Billboard Awards which puts us in LA. She's giggling at the end of the table over what Nick's saying in her ear, Joey is canoodling with Kelly and Lance is going over our schedule. JC? He's on the phone with his bitch girlfriend Bobbie. I throw a straw cover ball at Lance and he looks at me with annoyance in his eyes. "What, Justin?"

"I'm bored."

He groans and slides his papers aside, giving me undivided attention. "What's on your mind?"

I note his hands folded under his chin and his patient demeanor. "How come I can't get attention from the other guys or Cassie?"
"She and Nick have been together for 3 years with almost no problems, Chris and Dani are planning on going together tonight, Joey and Kelly haven't seen each other in 3 weeks, JC hasn't been able to call Bobbie in 4 days and I'm trying to make sure we don't fall behind," he calmly explains to me and I nod.

"But what about the rest of the time when they aren't busy or sleeping?"
"Justin, is there something you'd like to tell me?"

Just then, Britney walks by and I smile at her just to watch her walk away. "Well, yeah, but not here."

"You mean not in front of everyone else?"

I nod and wave back at the blonde haired and brown eyed girl who's had my eye since she came onto the MMC set. "Exactly that."

I grin and glance at Brit, Lance turning around to sneak a peek at her. He turns back around and is surprised, but smiling. "Her?" he asks, nodding in her direction.

"Yeah." I blush slightly.

"Go talk to her."

"I will tonight."

"You'll have to, Bounce," Cassie chips in, "cuz you're going as a couple for publicity purposes."

"Sweet deal," I announce happily, rising to my feet and walking over to her table. I sit across from her and smile at her when our eyes lock. "Hey, Brit."

"Hey, Justin," she shyly greets me.

"Cassie just told me that we're going to the award show tonight together for publicity," I tell her.

"I know, she told me last week and I think it's best because of our history."
"Yeah, we've pretty much grown up together now," she agrees, bashfully looking at me with her Louisiana twang evident.

"Can I be honest for a moment?" I ask, my Tennessian drawl flowing out of my mouth.

"Sure."

"I like you alot."

"I like you, too, Justin."

We show up to the Billboard Awards and sit down to watch the whole thing, the only exception is when we have to perform. Brit is a great girl and once we get to our show in Nashville, I plan on asking her to be my girlfriend. I guess Cassie is going to have to wait.

We get to Nashville, TN and I begin jumping up and down and being a very spazztic guy. "Would you please just fucking sit down, Justin?" JC growls at me, his face in his hands.

"What's wrong, Daddy C? Not enough sleep?" I quip.

"No, you're worse than Chris is on a sugar high right now."

"Is he on a sugar high?"

"No, but we know how he gets when he is."

I sit down, but can't stop jittering around. "What's wrong with Curls?"

I look up and see Chris pointing in my direction. "I honestly think he's about to ask a specific girl out that rides on a different bus and is touring as an opening act for you five," Cassie says, proverbially gorilla gluing me to the road in direct line of a semi's tires and all I can manage to do is let my mouth fall open in shock that she'd do it.

"Bu-, how-, who, uta-unh, unta?" I sputter, not knowing how to react or word it.

"I can read you better than a projecter puts pictures and words on a wall, ceiling or floor can."

"I am not that predictable!" I shout, folding my arms over my chest and sinking into the couch cushions.

"Stop your belly aching, Timberlake," Johnny tells me, having joined us at our stop in Missouri.

"But she knew what I was gonna do tonight," I pout.

"If it makes you feel any better, I didn't tell her a damn thing, ya big baby," Cassie snips, turning to me in a split second.

"Well, it doesn't," I mutter.

I pull her aside and ask her out, being one of the happiest members of this group. I walk out of the room smiling like a total goon and I don't care who sees. She began wearing the gold ring on her finger tonight, having put it on a chain that sits around her neck and she's also smiling like the Cheshire cat on top of it all. Cassie passes us as we sit on the bench in the mess hall, dips her head between ours and drops her hands to our shoulders. "Congrats, kids. Welcome to the world of relationships. Stay faithful and you'll be together forever," she comments, laughing menically after.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story