"No clue about what?" I ask from the doorway, leaning on the frame with my arms folded over my front.

This shit is getting old really fucking fast. I have a feeling that Josh just attacked Nick over something he and I had already discussed at least once before, having jumped to conclusions. "AJ cheating on you, Cassie," Justin replies, checking on Josh’s bloody nose.

I scoff and roll my eyes, pushing off the door frame to walk into the room. I stop to look at Josh and shake my head at him. "Grow up, Chasez."

I want to let Josh in, but he doesn't seem to want it as bad as Justin and he's supposed to be the older one. He acts like such a child sometimes. "Ow, baby."

I blink a few times and let out a huff of air, refocusing on Nick's injuries. "Sorry, Nick."

He watches me scrunch up my face, relaxing it a moment later. "What's on your mind?" he questions, holding the side of my face with one hand.

"Josh and how he acts."

He closes his eyes for a second, smiling softly. "I talked to Lance and I know he still has feelings for you, wants to be with you. You told me that he acts jealous of you moving on and tries to make you feel the same way by dating the girls he has since Nikki, but when you love-"

"I love hard," I finish for him. "I know. Nick, how much do you know about Josh and I?"

"That you still like him, but don't like how he acts most of the time. I see it every time he's around you, it's in your eyes and I also know that the sparkle in your eye is for me." He kisses me and smiles. "I know you wouldn't do anything to make me not trust you."

I wonder if I should tell him about the dream I had. "Primo!" I shout over my shoulder and 'Lan comes in.

"Yeah?" he replies, sighing.

I look at him and then move my eyes toward Nick. "Hmm?"

"I would, Pook."

I sigh and launch into my dream, telling him the parts I can remember. I don’t even know why it had been so detailed, but I hold nothing back from him and his face drops as I tell him. He looks at the floor with his eyebrows close, looking angry and he silently leaves the room. I feel a tear streak down my face, just now realizing that I was crying and I curl my knees to my body once my back is pressed to the headboard. I drop my face onto my bent knees, crying harder than I thought I could and I feel a pair of teddy bear arms wrap around me. "It’s okay, Sandy."

"No, it’s not," I tearfully, my words muffled by my knees.

"What happened?"

"I had a dream that I cheated on," I begin to explain, choking on a sob before continuing, "N-n-nick and I told him about it and he left."

"Maybe he wanted to think on it?" he suggests, giving me a gentle and comforting squeeze.

"What’s going on, Joe?" Lance asks, obviously concerned.

"She told Nick about her dream and he left the room," Joey explains, Lance’s phone ringing.

"Speaking of him," he comments, turning his cell so that we could read Nick’s name. He presses a button and puts the device to his ear. "Hey, Nick. Yeah, I’ll be down there in five. Sure." He looks at Joey and I, hugging me for a moment. "He wants me to talk to him."

"Why?" I say between sobs.

"He said he would explain when I get there, so I don’t have a clue yet."

"Hmm."

"I’ll let you know what he says."

"I’m gonna lie down for a bit," I choke out.

"We will check on you around 12," ‘Lan agrees, rubbing my back and kissing my temple. I nod and they leave me alone, closing the door softly on their way out.

I shut my phone off and bury my head in my pillow, curling into a ball. I stare at the wall, my thoughts rapidly swirling ‘round my brain and I can’t even focus. I give up trying to concentrate on one subject as a migraine threatens to take over my head.

"Why would you do that with him?" Nick asks, sitting across the bus from me, the lounge to be precise. He’s hurt and it’s my fault because of what I’d done, feeling like a villain.

"I don’t know, we just got caught up in the moment and-"

"But, it was him!" he shouts, pointing to the bunks.

"Sorry."

He hangs his head as I draw my legs to my body, placing my chin on my knees. "I don’t even know if I can be with you after this."

"Your tour starts soon. When will you decide?"

"Hopefully before the tour starts up."

We sit in an awkward silence until the bus comes to a stop, Johnny opening the door to tell us we’re at the arena and recognizes that Nick and I are having problems. "We just pulled up to the arena. What’s wrong?"

"Nothing some time apart can’t resolve. I need to talk to Lance and Chris," he tells him, shoving past Johnny hastily.

"What happened?" Johnny demands, pointing over his shoulder in the direction Nick just went.

"I slept with J-" I begin to tell him sadly, feeling like the world is shaking.

My eyes open and I see Nick in front of me, gently shaking me. "We have to head out to the arena, it’s almost 1."

I throw my arms around his neck and kiss him, sitting up in half a second. "I’m so sorry. I don’t ever want to lose you for any reason," I murmur into his neck.

"I think we do need to talk about this dream, but I really don’t believe it would ever happen because of who you are."

I’ve been terrorizing myself, agonizing over the fact that we have to tell ‘Lan and I don’t want to even be here in my own shoes right now. I’m pacing, wringing my fingers and slipping my heels in and out of my shoes when I stand still or sit down. Nick is sitting hunched over in a chair, his fingertips drumming on the inside of his jean clad thighs an inch or two above his knees and his eyes are glued to the floor. "Are you sure we’re doing the right thing?" I ask him.

"He needs to know."

"Still, y’know?"

"Baby, we found out after the fact, it had been defective and only one person other than us knows it."

"He hasn’t said anything!" I scream, motioning to the stage entrance.

"I know, baby," he reminds me, getting up from his spot a few feet away from me and taking me into his arms to comfort me with a kiss to my forehead. "He didn’t say a word and he looked me in the eye, admitting to telling him that we planned on us filling him in."

He rubs my back slowly, relaxing my frayed nerves as best as he can and holds me. "Why are you so sure?" I whisper, hearing footsteps coming down the hall toward us behind me.

"It’s not someone who’s chasing you."

The door opens, I draw in a breath and turn around. "You wanted to talk after rehearsals alone?" he asks.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story