Chris is clueless about so much, but is usually too stubborn and confident to listen-mostly when it comes to his sisters and Sandy. JC is aggressively persuing her, pointlessly for years. Justin is passively chasing her, aware of the microscopic chance he has and willing to welcome a friendship that may never come to a close. Lance sees an awesome person and friend in her, but doesn't pine after her like JC and Justin do. Me? I'm just the silent observer and mental note taker, taking invisible photos to recount and analyze alone later. I tried to tell him, but he insisted she was fine until she started to sound different a month or so after we'd seen her in New York.

"Joey!"

I blink and look at her, Christmas and New Year's having passed already. "Sorry, Sandy."

She exhales harshly and groans, her made up face falling into her decorated hand and wrist. "What's going on with your schedule?"

"That's Lance's forte, not mine."

"I didn't mean like that! I meant how are you guys doing with it? Have any of the other guys been acting funny in the past couple weeks? Josh or Justin or James or Chris?"

She looks at me expectantly, rotating one of her hands in the air as she stands in the middle of my hotel room and quickly losing her patience with me. "JC has been himself, Justin's all about Brit, Lance is still Poofoo, and Chris is beating himself up over what you told him with Nick."

She slams her eyes shut and sniffles lightly. "It's not his fault, it's mine and Nick's. He was busy with you guys, wanting to see it take off like it has been since Germany and we didn't want to burden him because I know he would have come back home. I didn't want him to give up on his dream just cuz I got pregnant and Nick's being on the road, I wanted his childhood dream of him being able to help out Titi Bev to happen and I didn't want to be the one to stop it."

"How would Nick be a dad and be on the road and do what we do?" I point out.

"He could," she begins pacing, thinking everything through, "talk with Lenny Kravitz and Madonna and whoever else has kids in this profession and get advice. We would figure something out and run with it."
She continues to pace, silent. I open and close my mouth a few times, unsure if I should ask. Fuck it. "Are you expecting again?"

She looks at me angrily, fire in her honey drops. "No," she replies through clenched teeth.

"Yo, Yaya, we gots to go!" AJ tells her, popping his head in the door.

"I'll check on you between now and when the Boys leave for Europe in June," she growls, storming out and kissing Nick for a moment.

JC leans over, his arm bumping mine and covers the side of face with his hand. "Why did she look mad when we left?" he demands, whispering.

"I asked if she could be, ya know again and she nearly decapitated me."

"She isn't acting like it and she isn't glowing."

He drops his hand to his thigh, pretending to pay attention to the show. I look over at her and Nick a few rows away, they're holding hands and joking around. "Yeah," I sigh dejectedly.

Kelly slips her fingers through mine and I look at her, her eyes following where mine had been directed. "Joe, she's not pregnant and she willl be fine. I talk to her at least once a day. She and Nick have been overly cautious since the scare."

"How cautious?" I inquire.

"Condoms, the patch and the Rhythm method. They've also been using a spermicide foam."

I know you guys probably didn't want to know that, but they're very open about their contraceptive methods and what they use. They know they aren't even anywhere near beginning to be ready to have kids, so they do what they can to prevent it right now.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story