“Here, take this.”

 

“I don’t wanna.” JC mumbled.

 

“Jace, stop being such a baby, you are thirty years old, act like one.”

 

“I don’t like that flavor.” He whined.

 

“Its cherry flavored, nearly everyone likes cherry.”

 

“Not me.”

 

“You have a cold Jace, if you take this, you would get better.”

 

JC just stared at her for a moment, and then agreed to take the cherry-flavored medicine.

 

“And make sure you don’t spit it out.” Melanie put an accusing finger on him.

 

JC made a face and lied down back on the bed, he kinda liked to be sick, he liked to get pampered by her, he just didn’t like the medicine flavors that she chose.

 

He watched her as she put the medicine back on the nightable, and brought him a glass of water.

 

“Thank you.” He croaked.

 

She smiled sweetly and at that moment, JC sneezed.

 

Melanie tossed him the box of Kleenex tissues and she giggled a bit.

 

“Now what is so funny?” JC asked.

 

“You look like Rudolph.” She grinned.

 

“Oh, just to be thankful that you aren’t sick.” JC shot back.

 

“Well, nobody told you to go outside in a Tshirt and shorts, when the weather is like fifty degrees, you know that you get sick easily, and besides, at least you look a bit better than these past few days.” Melanie explained.

 

She was right, these past few days, JC couldn’t even get out of the bed, his head was spinning, and all he wanted to do was sleep, and if it weren’t for his best friend Melanie to take care of him, he would’ve probably ended up at the doctor’s office. He hated the doctor’s office.

 

“Now.” Melanie continued, “I’m gonna be on the computer downstairs typing up a paper, if you need me, just text me.”

 

“Ok.” He whispered.

 

“Do you want any more soup or tea or anything?” She asked.

 

“No, that’s okay, thank you.” He said with a smile.

 

And with that, she left his room and closed the door behind her.

 

JC sighed and tried to catch just a few more minutes of sleep, to him, it felt like hours.

 

 

The next morning

Melanie awoke with a pounding headache and she felt all stuffy, she just wanted to stay in bed all day, she heard a drumming sound, it sounded like rain outside.

 

“Even better.” She tucked in deeper into the covers, until a bright light poured into the darkness, she shot up from her bed and squinted, only to be staring at JC’s goofy face.

 

“And good morning to you too, you look awful.” JC joked.

 

“Gee, thanks for the compliment, what are you doing up? You’re sick remember?”

 

“I don’t think I’m not the one sick anymore.” He smirked.

 

Melanie groaned, and before she knew it, JC kissed her on the cheek and said, “I’ll be right back, I’m gonna make you some breakfast, tea and orange juice, and all those yummy stuff.”

 

You are gonna me breakfast?”

 

“Uh yeah? You did the same for me, so I’m gonna the same for you, duh.”

 

“The last time you made breakfast, you left eggshells in the scrambled eggs.” Melanie told him.

 

“I didn’t leave a lot of it.” JC said a mocked tone.

 

“Uh huh, sure.” She managed to get up to wash her face, pushing JC aside.

 

“I’ll be back.” He repeated, and watched him leave the room, she could hear him practically running down the stairs.

 

After washing her face and staring at herself in the mirror, she looked puffy, and her throat felt sore; a few minutes later, she looked out the window, it was gloomy day, a gloomy rainy, cold day, perfect to sleep in. She jumped when the door flew open, revealing JC carrying two trays of waffles, grapes, a yogurt, carrot sticks, and tea.

 

“No eggs this time.” He joked.

 

“You’re so sweet JC, thank you.” She smiled at him and took the tray from his hands and brought it to the bed.

 

JC sat down next to her and together they ate in silence.

 

“You know?” JC broke the silence.

 

“You were my nurse and now I’m your doctor.”

 

“Haha, yeah that’s true.”

 

“Doctor Chasez, doesn’t it have a nice ring to it?” He winked.

 

“It sure does Jace, it sure does.” She smiled.

 

 

Chapter End Notes:

Just a cute friendship type drabble..(I think this is a drabble..lolz) Anyways, hope you like it. :)

I wrote this cause I have a minor cold myself.. :P


Completed
theusagirl is the author of 26 other stories.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story