Author's Chapter Notes:

"Seeing is believing, believing is seeing."

Yeah I have been watching "The Santa Clause." way too many times..lolz love the movie, so this chapter was inspired by it, I just twisted around a little, so "Bernard the elf." is not here..LOL

“Dad, I need to borrow your truck, now.” Joey frantically looked for the keys to the truck while Justin had his cell phone on his ear giving some details to the police.

 

“Ok son, but if you borrow the truck, please be careful, its getting dangerous, I wouldn’t want you missing too.”

 

Joey nodded and agreed to be careful and to take Justin and Lance with him, while the parents stayed behind in case the police came and asked them questions.

 

The three guys put on their heavy coats and headed to the garage to where Joey’s dad had his truck parked, it was a four by four, in which it could be handled pretty well if it drove in snow, closing the door to the truck, the three of them sat down, put their seatbelts on, with Joey being the driver, they pulled out of the garage and into the night.

 

About an hour of driving, they passed the mall, it was just about closing, and the wipers of the truck swiftly moved back and forth wiping the countless snowflakes from the sky. They searched the parking lot, just a few cars, but no sign of the rental car that JC and Chris were driving, which meant that they weren’t in the mall anymore. After exiting the mall, the storm started to get worse, Joey called his parents to see if they had heard from anything, but so far, nothing. It was now one in the morning and the guys had no choice but to return back home, it was really windy and the snow was difficult to see clearly.

 

“What are we gonna do guys?” Lance asked in a hushed tone.

 

“The storm may clear out tomorrow and we’ll be able to find them.” Joey said, forcing a smile and making a left turn towards his street. “I’m sure they’re okay.”

 

Justin remained quiet for the rest of trip.

 

“You’re alright Curly?” Joey told him.

 

“Yeah I’m okay, I’m just worried.”

 

“We are all worried, but I’m sure they’re fine, hopefully, we just gotta think positive.”

 

Lance nodded.

 

Justin then sighed but remained quiet again.

 

Joey pulled into the garage and turned off the engine, his sister opened the side door to let them in.

 

“Any news?” Lance asked.

 

“No, none sorry, the police said they can’t do anything tonight cause of the storm, but they would be out in the morning as soon as the storm breaks.”

 

They all nodded, and headed inside to keep warm, and headed to their rooms and tried to get some sleep, waiting until the storm ceases and dawn breaks, so they can continue their search in finding Chris and JC.

 

 

The next morning, sunlight shone on Chris’s face, he blinked rapidly trying to remember where he was, he heard voices, and didn’t know if he was still dreaming or what, he opened his eyes where he was met with another pair of eyes, he jumped from the couch and took a look at two children, or he thought they looked like children. It was a boy and girl, both wearing a red and green outfit, and a Christmas hat, that it was it looked like to Chris.

 

The girl had red hair and two braided pigtails that hanged loosely down all the way to her backside, she looked like she was about eight or nine, she had sparkles on her face; the boy, however, also looked about the same age, he had light brown/blonde hair, also with sparkles on his face.

 

“Wh-who are you?” Chris managed to say, what are you?”

 

“I’m Sparkle, and this is Elvin, and we are elves.”

 

Chris didn’t know if heard correctly or what, “wait a minute, you said elves?”

 

“That’s right, elves.” Sparkle replied simply.

 

“There is no such thing as elves.” Chris told them, glancing over at JC who was still asleep, he kinda forgot about him for a minute, running over to the couch, he shook JC to wake up.

 

“JC, wake up!” He shouted.

 

“What, what?” JC mumbled, he woke up with a confused look on his face.

 

Chris pointed at the two kids that were sitting there, quietly watching them.

 

“Who are they?” JC asked simply.

 

“Elves, JC, can you believe it? Elves!” Chris started laughing to himself.

 

“JC stared at them for a moment and asked them, “Are you lost kids?”

 

“We aren’t kids.”

 

“You look like kids to me.” Chris muttered to himself.

 

“I know this is difficult to believe, but we really are elves, you guys came here for the night and slept over, you came in a car which is not outside anymore and-

 

“Wait, what do you mean the car is not outside anymore?” JC told her wide eyed, without thinking he took a look from the window, he could see the trail that led up to the highway, but he didn’t the car, in fact he didn’t see anything, the snow looked like it was about three feet deep, it was snowing flurries now.

 

“Where’s the car.” JC said through gritted teeth.

 

“It’s being repaired in our workshop, you aren’t gonna see it until Christmas Eve, it’s our head elf’s rules.” Elvin told him.

 

“Head elf?” Chris replied.

 

“That’s right, Santa Claus, he’s our head elf.”

 

That sent Chris and JC for a laugh; they had tears in their eyes from laughing so hard.

 

“You kids are doing a great job on this really, but I really do need my car back so I can get home okay, so thank you for the hospitality.” JC said, grabbing his things and about to open the door.

 

“You can’t leave, you have to help us and you have to believe in us, once you step into our cabin, you have to find out what the true meaning of Christmas is, you have to believe.” Sparkle explained.

 

“And what if we don’t believe in the elves and Santa Claus.” Chris muttered, he was getting really agitated with this.

 

“Then Christmas would be erased, you would never hear a holiday jingle again, it would be Thanksgiving and New Years Eve only.

 

 

Chris and JC stopped for a moment, this was a lot to take in, can you imagine a world without Christmas? The joy of seeing a Christmas tree, being together with loved ones, seeing the happiness on kids faces. He turned to looked at the elves, they both seemed serious about this.

 

“Well before we do anything, mind if we get some breakfast first? So that way you explain everything to us? Chris told them.

 

The elves faces lit up and they smiled, “Of course, come to our workshop downstairs, we have everything you need.” Sparkle said.

 

Chris and JC followed them into the linen closet, Sparkle moved some towels that were neatly folded and underneath it was a bright red button, she pressed the button, and the wall near the closet, a wooden door appeared. She opened the door, and it revealed a long narrow staircase, it was made of glitter and gold.

 

“Wow.” JC whispered.

 

“You haven’t seen anything yet.” Elvin smiled.

 

They followed them down towards the narrow staircase; they stopped at another wooden door. Elvin and Sparkle turned to Chris and JC and told them if they were ready.

 

They both nodded.

 

Sparkle turned the knob of the wooden door, and what Chris and JC saw, was something beyond their imaginations. They stepped into a massive room filled with elves, there must’ve been hundreds of them, the walls were made of ice, and were covered with icicle Christmas lights, it was amazing!

 

Now it was Chris’s turn to say wow, “I don’t believe this, this is, this is incredible!” He gasped.

 

JC was too shocked to say anything; he has never seen something so beautiful. He looked around at the elves, they were all young, and they were about Sparkle’s and Elvin’s ages, they were talking excitedly, and wrapping toys in brightly colored boxes, there was a huge map of the world and some of them were pinpointing and writing down ideas of what they were gonna do next.

 

“Here’s the breakfast room.” Elvin told Chris and JC.

 

“You will be greeted by Laurie, she’s one amazing cook, just ask her what kind of meal you want, and you will get it.” Sparkle replied.

 

Just then the doors of the breakfast room opened, an older woman, with white hair, and thin-framed glasses, she was also wearing the same outfit as all of the other elves.

 

“Hey boys.” She greeted.

 

“Hi.” They both replied in unison.

 

She had a Southern accent and a bright smile on her face, “You must be Chris and JC, I’ve heard so much about you.”

 

Chris and JC were amazed that this woman knew who they were.

 

“You boys must be hungry, what do you want, eggs, bacon, waffles?”

 

They stepped inside the breakfast room and looked around, the windows and walls were also made of ice, and right in the middle sat a huge table, which probably sat nearly all of the elves.

 

“Waffles please.” JC said without thinking.

 

“I’ll have the same.” Chris told her, he was just as fascinated as JC was, never in their wildest dreams they have encountered something like this, and this was just the beginning.

 

Chapter End Notes:
I hope its okay though.. :)


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story