Author's Chapter Notes:

A short chapter..I was watching "The Polar Express." earlier today and decided to update..lolz Kinda got inspired by it..except that this story, there is no train involved.

“Where are they?” Justin wondered, he was busy tapping the pen on the table and anxiously checking the window every five minutes, he tried texting and calling them, but for some reason, it never got through, he was starting to get worried.

 

“How long have they been gone?” Lance asked glancing at the clock.

 

“About two hours mostly, who knows maybe more, the snow is starting to come down hard now, do you think something happened?” Justin responded, a look of fear on his face.

 

“Now Justin, let’s not think the worst okay?” Joey told him, but he too was feeling a sense of dread, he was gonna borrow his father’s truck to find them if no word was heard.

 

They were at Joey’s rental house, it was him, his parents, his brother and sister and Joey’s girlfriend Kelly, Justin’s parents, Lance’s, Chris and JC’s were coming on the twenty-third.

 

“Joe, I’m not letting you drive my truck in this crazy weather by yourself.” Joey’s dad told him.

 

“Dad, I’ll go with Justin and Lance, don’t worry I’ll be careful.” Joey added.

 

Joseph just nodded and headed back to where he was sitting, they all decided to wait and see what happens.

 

 

When JC and Chris had finally reached the bright light, they realized that it was a cabin, a small dark cabin, with only four windows on each side, without thinking Chris got up to the front door of the cabin first, he knocked once, then twice. No answer.

 

“Well, nobody’s home, let’s go.” Chris added, but JC stopped him when he gently twisted the knob, the door opened with a slight creak and was greeted by a warm atmosphere.

 

Trying to get their eyes to focus, they realized they were standing in a living room, small but big enough to accommodate a few people, a couch, a small fridge, a table, and a lamp, no TV.

 

“Old people must live here.” Chris said.

 

Though they didn’t see it before; in the corner of the room, stood a small tree, with ornaments and lights, a shiny star was shining brightly.

 

“How come I’ve never seen these ornaments and lights before? They don’t sell these kinds at the store.” JC wondered, touching a glass turtle dove, another was a tiny snow globe that read the words believe in it. JC looked at the snow globe more closely, there was a house inside the snow globe, and it looked just like the cabin, which was a bit odd to him.

 

“Maybe they do sell it at the store, and we haven’t looked hard enough.” Chris said, looking around the cabin.

 

“Yeah.” JC looked at the snow globe one last time before reaching into his pocket to pull out his phone, looking over at Chris he said, “Do you think there’s reception in here?”

 

“You can try.” Chris also took his phone out, he called Justin, but immediately the signal faded.

 

He groaned loudly, “They are so worried about us right now, I can tell.”

 

JC called Joey, same thing.

 

Chris and JC continued looking throughout the cabin, surprisingly it had a bedroom, two beds, a dresser, and it also had a small bathroom. Everything was in a neat organized fashion, it also had a linen closet, with towels neatly stacked on top of eachother; and they were a crisp white.

 

“What a cute and comfy place to stay for the night.” JC added.

 

“You want to stay here?”

 

“Yeah, why not, I mean, we can’t go anywhere right now just look how it is outside.” JC pointed to the small window, a raging wind and heavy snowfall blanketed the area.

 

JC was right, they’ll never be able to survive out there.

 

“Besides, I’m sure the old couple won’t mind.”

 

Chris just looked at him for a moment and said, “Well, where are they?”

 

“Maybe they are visiting family for the holidays?”

 

“Well, if they are visiting family then why didn’t they lock up?” Chris wondered.

 

“Good question.”

 

Chris just put his hands on his side and decided to charge his phone, he plugged it into the outlet by the wall near the fridge, he realized that he didn’t open the fridge, when he opened it, it was filled with a lot of food, milk, water, orange juice, a bowl of soup, a bowl of rice, bread, some sliced turkey, cheese, lettuce, everything was in pitchers, labeled, and in bowls, not cartons, so they didn’t know what brand was it.

 

“Do you think we should eat this?” JC said, looking at the fridge.

 

“Well, I have some chewy bars in my backpack if you want any, cause I’m not sure if we should eat this or not, maybe its diet food, or maybe it’s poisoned.” Chris told him.

 

JC decided not to take any chances and offered to take the chewy bars from Chris’s backpack, he also had some Capri Sun juices as well, they ate in silence, it was really quiet in the cabin, no movement or anything, just the howling wind outside, they didn’t even hear a leaky faucet.

 

“So what should we do?” Chris asked JC who was discarding the wrapper in the trash bin near the small fridge.

 

“I guess we should stay for the night, hopefully by morning, we’ll be able to see what’s wrong with the car and we would call the guys as soon as we get reception.” JC explained.

 

Chris agreed and sat down on the couch next to him, turning the light from the lamp off, he got comfortable on the couch, and was awake for a few minutes before saying goodnight to JC, but he was already snoring.

 

“Man, as soon as this guy gets a comfy spot he is out like a light.” He muttered.

 

Chris lied awake for a few minutes more, before he drifted off into a dreamless sleep.

Chapter End Notes:
Hope you guys are liking it, it may need some more tweaking though. :)


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story