Author's Chapter Notes:

Happy New Years Everyone! 

 What will happened at the stroke of midnight? Will Jc tell Justin just how much he means to him?? 

Hope you enjoy.  

The week after Christmas flew by. Both Justin an Jc's parents came out to visit them a few days after Christmas. Justin was worried it was going to be too much, too fast for Jc, but Jc insisted that they come. He wanted to see his parents, and was happy when they were visiting. He even had a few more memories and because of it, he was able to feel more at ease with them. Both set of parents were relieved to see Jc doing so well, and couldn't help but notice that everything seemed almost normal between Jc and Justin. Their parents left with promises of visiting again soon.

"So what's planned for New years eve?" Jc asked, now the day before New years eve.
"What makes you think something is planned?" Justin asked.
"Because, it's you. Something always seems to be planned."
Justin laughed. "Alright, yes. We have plans to go to a party tomorrow night. You up for it?"
"Yes," he said without a second thought. "Is it something we've always gone to?"
"Every year."

The next night after finishing getting ready they headed for the door. 
"Now if at any time you want to leave you tell me. You understand," Justin said fixing Jc's collar. 
"Ok." 
"Alright, you ready?" Justin asked taking Jc's hand and opening the door. 
"Wait Justin."
"What's wrong?"
"Is hmm....is Casey going to be there?"
"No. We didn't know Casey before this and I don't think our friends did as well.  There won't be too many people there."
"I don't want to see him again."
"We won't baby. Let's go have a good evening."
"Ok." 
Leaving the apartment, they made their way to the car. 
"How far away is this party?"
"About forty five minutes away. Lance and Michael live more in the city."
Jc nodded his head. Justin put the car in drive and started making his way to the highway. Out of the corner of his saw Jc playing with his hem of his coat. This was a new nervous habit of his that Justin noticed him doing often. He noticed it was any hem on anything. The only time Justin noticed that Jc didn't go it was when they were touching or laying in bed.
"Josh."
"Yea," he replied as he stopped and looked up at Justin.
"Baby, you don't have to be nervous."
"I know," Jc said going back to playing with the hem. 
Before they knew it, they drove up a long driveway. Parking the car Jc noticed a lot of cars. 
"There a lot of cars here, Jus."
Justin made a quick look over at him. It had been the first time he called him that since before the accident. It was a  nickname for him that only Jc could call him. 
"What's  wrong Justin?"
"You haven't called me that since before the attack."
"Oh, you don't like it?" Jc asked, worried.
"No, no, no it was your nickname for me. I loved it. You said that you were the only one who could call me that, and..."
"If I heard anyone call you besides me, that I would beat the shit out of them,"  Jc said finishing Justin's sentence with a smirk. 
"Yes," he said with a big smile and turning the car off. "It was good to hear you call me that again. Let's go party." 
"Alright, I'm ready."

Once inside their friends cheered and clapped. They were all so happy that Jc and Justin were together again. After getting some drinks handed to them, they started making the rounds to talking to friends. Drinks and food were being passed along with a tons of laughs.
During a few times during the night, Jc had a few flashbacks of hanging out with their friends. He recognized Lance and Michael, and even their good friend Chris was there. It made Jc feel more at ease during the night.
A little later in the evening, Justin and Jc got separated for awhile and when it got closer to midnight, Justin was getting concerned. He hasn't seen Jc for a little while.
"Lance, have you see where Josh went?"
"Yea, I saw him heading up to the roof."
"Thanks."
Justin grabbed their coats and quickly made his way up to the roof. Opening the door he noticed Jc standing near the edge, looking over the city. Justin felt a lump in the back  of his throat. Something was wrong. Slowly, he walked over to him. 
"Josh, baby you ok?" 
"Yea, I'm ok. Just got a little overwhelmed and needed some space."
"I'm sorry."
"It's ok, really. I'm ok Justin," Jc said turning towards him. "You have no idea how much this past week as meant to me. The way you have made me feel. I don't even know the words that could express this." 
Justin stared at him, tears were starting to gather. He watched Jc looked down at his watch. 
"It's only a minute to midnight, what's your wish Justin?"
"I got my wish when I found you." 
"You want to know what mine is?" Jc said taking Justin's hand into his.
"Yes."
Jc looked up at Justin, their blue eyes meeting. "For me to say three words that I've wanted to say since Christmas. I just wasn't ready to say them then."
Justin held his breath. What he had been hoping for was finally coming. Jc leaned into Justin, pressing his lips onto his, giving him a sweet simple kiss. They heard cheering from below them and on the streets. It was midnight.
"I love you Justin." 
Justin opened his mouth to say something, but shock prevented anything from coming out. Instead, he placed his hand on the back of Jc's neck and pulled him closer. Justin kissed him hard and deep, passion and desire running strong in his kiss. When they pulled apart, they were both breathing fast. 
Jc waited for Justin to say something back to him, mainly the same three words he had just said, but Justin was standing there in a state of surprise, staring at him. He was starting to get concerned.
"Justin."
Quickly, Justin recovered. "God, I love you too Josh. I love you so much, I can't even tell you how much."
Jc sighed with relief. "I thought you weren't going to say it." 
"I'm sorry, you just shocked me. Of course I love you."
"So, me being in love with you shocks you?"
"A little, yes. But only because I had convinced myself so many times before that if I ever found you, it would never be the same and you would have moved on, be loving someone else. You saying those three words to me shocked me, but I've never been so happy to hear them in my life."
"I love you Justin," Jc said again, placing his hand on his cheek.
"I love you too Josh. Do you know that five years ago on this night, at the same time, you said I love you to me for the first time?"
"I...I did?" Jc stuttered.
"Yep," Justin said putting Jc's coat on him. 
"Will you tell me." 
"Yes, but how about inside?"
"No, tell me out here, away from everyone." 

"Justin, we are going to be late," Jc yelled at the door. 
"Oh hold your pants on. It's, just Lance and Michael's party," Justin said coming out of the bathroom.
"Your hair looks fine, let's go." 
"Who said I was playing with my hair?" Justin replied wiggling his eyebrows.
"Well,  if you were playing with something else then why didn't you call me in to help you?"
"Oh, is that what we want to be doing right now?" he asked, walking up to Jc with a big grin on his face. "I think we can make time for that."
"We are already late."
"Aww..."
"Come on babe. We will have plenty of time later for that."
"We better."
Jc shook his head and pulled Justin out the door.


Later that evening, it was a few minutes before midnight when Jc and Justin walked out of the party to the rooftop. 
"It's pretty up here," Justin said looking over at the city lights. 
"Its cold," Jc said wrapping his arms around himself. 
"Well, I will have to warm you up then," Justin said wrapping his arms around Jc.
"It's almost midnight," Jc replied.
"It is, you have one minute." 
"A minute, huh?" Jc said with a smile. 
"What's your wish Josh?"
"My wish?" Jc said giving him a confused look. 
"Yes. Tell me a wish of your quickly," Justin said looking at his watch. 
"I love you." 
"Wh...what?" Justin stuttered in shock, looking up at Jc.
Jc lightly chuckled at his reaction. "You heard me right. I love you, Jus."
Justin couldn't help the smile that came across his face. "You love me?"
"I'd be an idiot not to, don't you think?"
"Josh. I love you too," he said wrapping his arms back around Jc.
"I was hoping you would say that."
"We'll, I'd be an idiot not to love you too, don't you think?"Justin said with a laugh.
Jc placed his hand on Justin's cheek and looked into his favorite blue eyes that he loved so much. "My wish is that we will be in love for the rest of our lives." He moved closer until their lips were barely touching. 
They heard cheering coming from the streets telling them it was midnight. The start of a new year.
"Kiss me," Justin whispered.
Jc quickly pressed his lips to Justin's where they passionately kissed under the stars.

Justin finished telling Jc his story and took his hand into his. "What are you thinking about?" He asked Jc.
"Have you noticed that even though we spent the last year apart and that I don't remember much, it's almost like events in our relationship our repeating?" Jc tried to find the right words to say. "It's like maybe...God wish I could get out what's in my head," said frustrated and bringing his hand up to his forehead. 
"Josh shhh...baby, I get it," Justin said putting his hand on his boyfriend's cheek. 
"Ok," Jc whispered putting his head now. "I know I'm probably not going to remember everything about what we did or the dreams we had talked about before the attack, but I still am in love with you. I still want to be with you. Forever."
"Good, because I wasn't going to let you go," Justin said with a smile. "I was going to keep fighting for you and let you take as much time as you needed to come back to me because from the moment we met I knew we were meant for each other. You were the one for me baby." Justin pressed a kiss to hisforehead and pulled Jc into his arms where he comfortably laid his head against Justin's chest.
"I love you."
"I love you too baby."



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story