Author's Chapter Notes:
This is the end of the story. Thanks for reading. I hope you have all enjoyed it! Come back to read more stories I hope to be posting in the future! Thanks for all the wonderful comments. 
"Josh babe, you home?" Justin said opening the door then closing it behind him. 
Walking into the living room he looked around the empty room. "Come on Josh, we need to get a Christmas tree," he yelled. 
Justin turned to walk into the kitchen when he stopped and looked at the counter seeing a vase of beautiful red and white roses. Slowly he walked up to them and sniffed one. They smelled heavenly.
"Happy one year back together Justin," a soft voice said behind him.
Justin smiled big and took another long sniff of the roses. He turned around and faced the man he loved more then anything  in this world. 
"Happy Anniversary Josh." 
Pushing off the counter he moved closer to his boyfriend. He placed his hands on his hips and brought him closer to place a small kiss on Jc's soft lips. 
"Welcome home," Jc whispered. 
"I'm sorry I'm late." 
"You're not too late as long as we can get a tree, decorate the tree, make hot chocolate, and watch White Christmas all before midnight." Looking down at his watch. "Which leaves us with six hours." 
"If we hurry we can make it. Let's go," Justin said giving him one more kiss. 
They grabbed their jackets and walked outside towards their car. Light snowflakes began falling around them reminding them that tomorrow was Christmas.
They drove to the place they went every year to get a tree.
"Let's do this fast before I freeze to death," Jc said zipping his coat up to his chin.
Justin laughed and put his arm around his shoulders pulling him close as they walked. He placed a kiss on Jc's temple, letting his warm lips linger on his cold skin.
As they walked around all of the trees, looking for the right one, suddenly Jc stopped walking, making Justin halt to a stop next to him.
"See one?" Justin asked looking at Jc, wondering why he stopped.
"Hi C," a voice in front of them said.
Justin looked in front of him at the sound of the voice and noticed Jc trembling.
"Casey," Justin acknowledged him, noticing Jc couldn't find his voice.
Jc's hand gripped Justin's tighter.
"You look good C, how have you been?" 
Jc swallowed the lump in his throat."I'm fine Casey. You?" 
"I've been good." 
"We'll it's been nice running into you Casey, but we have a tree to find," Justin said moving and pulling Jc along.
"No wait," Casey said grabbing  Jc's arm. 
Jc tensed up. 
"Let him go Casey," Justin snapped. 
"I'm sorry. Please can you just hear me out? I've been wanting to apologize for a long time and I swore the next time I saw you, I would."
Jc nodded his head. 
"I'm sorry C, I'm sorry for what happened those two nights. I never meant to hurt you," Casey whispered running his fingers under Jc's eye, remembering when he had hit him. 
"I thought you were my friend," Jc said closing his eyes. He could feel his lip trembling slightly.
"I thought I was too, but I hadn't been a good friend. Not since Justin had come back into your life. I was jealous, C. We had something good going, at least I thought. I knew you weren't happy with me. I knew I couldn't make you happy, but I needed to try. I got carried away in my feelings for you and it only made me lose you." 
"I'm sorry I couldn't give you what you wanted." 
"I'm glad you two are happy. It's been a year, hasn't it?"
"Yes," Justin replied.
"It was good seeing you two again, and again, I'm very sorry for how I acted."
"Apology accepted," Jc said quietly, dropping his gaze.
"Bye C."
"Bye."
Justin nodded his head at Casey as he gently pulled Jc with him in the opposite direction Casey was going. Justin walked them to a set of trees secluded from the hustle of people buying trees.
He stood in front of Jc and lifted his chin gently so he was looking in his eyes.
"Babe," Justin said softly. "You ok?"
"Yes," he said as confidently as he could. "I just wasn't expecting him to show up tonight. I've been waiting and fearing the time I would see him again because I knew it would eventually happen. But it wasn't easy."
"I love you." 
Jc smiled then kissed Justin softly. "I love you." He wrapped his arms around Justin's shoulders and hugged him tight. Doing everything in his power not to let the tears fall that were threatening to. 
Justin hugged his lover just as tight. He could feel him breathing hard. Before he could say something he noticed Casey in the distance kissing and hugging a nice looking man. 
"Looks like Casey also got his happy ever after." 
"What?" 
Justin pulled away and turned Jc around but still kept his arms tight around his slim waist. Jc watched Casey and the man pay for a tree and walk hand in hand towards a car. 
"He's got someone Josh." 
"I'm happy for him, then," Jc said trying to smile. 
"Alright, enough of thinking of him. We have a lot to do this fine Christmas Eve and our anniversary, and I'm not going to let you have a frown on your face. So let's find a tree," he said taking Jc's hand.
"I'm happy to be with you." 
Justin smiled. "I'm happy being with you too. More than happy."
"And I wouldn't trade this year in for anything." 
"I wouldn't either," Justin replied kissing Jc with passion. 
"Hmm...you are such a good kisser," Jc moaned into his mouth.
"I hope to be kissing you a lot more later," Justin mumbled.
"Me too." 
They pulled apart before they could get carried away."So should we find that tree?" 
"Yes so we can get out of the cold." 
"Couldn't agree more."
Hand in hand they walked around a little more until they found a tree they both liked. They paid for it, and quickly got it on top of the car and started heading home.
"You need more body heat," Justin said with a laugh as Jc got in the car and cranked up the heat as fast as he could. He rubbed his hands together and blew hot air onto them.
"Well maybe later I can borrow some of yours," he said with a little wiggle of his eyebrows.
"I'll be happy to oblige," Justin said smiling as he started driving home. 
They got the tree in their apartment shortly later and got it set up.
"Here are the decorations," Jc said walking in the living room with the few boxes of ornaments.
"Well, let's get started," Justin said as he placed the lights on. 
"It always smells so good when we get a tree." 
"That's why we always got real tree." 
Jc nodded his head and started placing the ornaments on the tree. It didn't take them long to get the tree the way liked it. 
"I think it looks perfect," Justin said with a smile.
"Of course you do, you moved all the ornaments around," Jc said smirking. 
"I can't help it, it has to be perfect." 
"Go make the perfect cups of hot chocolate," Jc said smacking Justin on his ass. 
Justin yelped slightly but grinned as he walked to the kitchen. He started making the hot chocolate and wondered what Jc was doing. Normally he helped him. 
"Josh what you doing?" 
"Looking for the movie. I can't find it." 
"What do you mean you can't find it? It's in the DVDs in the Christmas section."
"I know where it's suppose to be, but it's not there," Jc said walking into the kitchen. "Are you hungry?" 
"A little, what you got?" 
"I'll make something." 
After a few minutes Justin had the hot chocolate and Jc had a tray of goodies. 
"Joshua, I love you to death but we should really get your eye sight checked," Justin said pulling the movie out and placing it in the player. 
"Hey, no picking on me. It's our anniversary," Jc pouted coming into the living room.
"So there's a rule we can't pick on each other on our anniversary?"
"Yes."
Jc set the plate of goodies on the coffee table as Justin walked over to him. He placed his hands on Jc's waist and pulled him close to his body. He let his fingers roam around to his back and under his shirt, touching his soft skin. Jc jumped a little and pulled back.
"Your hands are freezing," he exclaimed.
Justin laughed and pulled him back to him. "You'll survive, I think."
Justin leaned in and kissed Jc's neck, letting his lips linger with every kiss.
"If you don't stop soon, we aren't going to watch the movie."
"I might be ok with that..." 
"But then tradition would have been broken. We don't want to do that."
Justin groaned slightly and pulled away from him. "Fine, you win."
Before he sat down, Jc grabbed his hand and placed his other hand on Justin's cheek. "We have all the time in the world after the movie and I fully intend on taking all kinds of advantage of you."
Justin couldn't help the rush of excitement that ran through his body. Jc closed the small distance between them and kissed Justin deeply. No matter how many times over the last year that they kissed, it still felt like the first time to them. 
Jc probably would never fully remember his life before the accident, but he still had flashbacks. And with all of the flashbacks, he was able to put together some parts of his life. But one thing he was sure of, was that he loved Justin more than anything in this world. They were meant to be together and clearly, nothing could keep them apart.
"I love you Justin."
"I love you too Josh," he said with a smile.
The start of the movie began and they sat down on the couch. Justin pulled a blanket over them and with their hot chocolate, they did what they had done every Christmas Eve. Watch White Christmas.

Incomplete
daysgoby is the author of 16 other stories.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story