Author's Chapter Notes:

Thanks for the kind words. I hope you like this next chapter.

Justin walked down the streets looking. He looked at anyone who walked past him. Hoping that just once it would be the man he loved dearly. But just like always no one ever looked like him. What could have happened to him? No one knew it was like he just fell off the face of the planet. The police had been looking but were starting to give him. He's family was starting to think that he needed to move on. That his Josh was gone forever, but no he wasn't going to give up. He made his way into a little diner that he hadn't been in yet.
"Hi have you seen this man?" Justin asked the waitress holding a picture.
"Yes I have. He comes in everyday and sits with him.," She said quietly and pointing towards a man a few booths down.
"Thank you."
After she left, he made his way over to the man sitting in the booth.
"Excuse me sir."
"Just leave him alone."
"What?"
"C. What do you want with him?"
"He's a friend."
"You look like you don't belong here. Why don't you go back to where you fit in better."
"I need to find him, it's important."
"Please leave. If he sees you sitting here and talking with me it's a good chance he won't come in and then he won't eat until tomorrow. Please, I'm begging you. Leave and don't look back."
"I need to see him. When does he usually get here?" Justin begged.
"Casey." A voice said behind them.
Justin turned quickly around only to find it hard to breath. Jc had changed a lot.
"C, it's ok. He was just leaving. Come and sit down," Casey said moving over.
They both could see that Jc was struggling with what he should do.
"Really C, it's ok. Kelly is going to bring you your breakfast out." He looked over at the waitress and nodded his head.
"Hi sweetheart. I have your coffee. Just the way you like it," Kelly said walking up and placing the cup on the table next to Casey.
Finally Jc made the move to sit down next to Casey. Casey placed his arm around Jc's small shoulders and kissed the side of his forehead. Slowly Jc picked up the coffee cup and took a small drink. Justin didn't know what to do he just sat there and stared at the man he still loved. Without even realizing it, Jc was staring back at him.
"You replacing me Casey?" Jc said sounding hurt.
"No, no C. This is..." Casey looked at Justin. He never asked even who this guy was or how he knew his C.
"Justin. My name is Justin." He stuttered. It almost broke his heart that Jc didn't reorganize him.
Kelly brought over a plate and sat it in front of Jc. She ran her fingers through his hair playfully.
"I put an extra piece of toast and eggs on the plate for you. It's starting to get cold out."
"Thank you," Jc said smiling at her then picking up the fork. He took a big bite then looked back up at Justin. "You know Casey from his work?"
Justin shook his head. He needed to think of something that would trigger Jc to remember him. Swallowing the lump in his throat he watched Jc look back down at his plate and start eating faster.
"Josh," Justin said softly.
Jc and Casey looked up with wide eyes and shock. Casey had known Jc for a year and hadn't been able get him to tell him his first name. Who the hell was this guy?
"How... How do you know my name," Jc spat placing his fork down.
"Josh it's Justin. You have to remember who I am."
"I don't know who the fuck you are. Stay away from me."
Quickly Jc stood up and started for the door.
"No C wait. Please, you need to eat," Casey said quickly going after him.
"Leave me alone Casey."
With that Jc left the restraunt jamming his hands in his pockets he walked down the street. Casey and Justin watched him until he wasn't in their sights any,ore. Without warning Casey grabbed Justin and pushed him to the ground.
"Casey no. Stop," Kelly yelled. "He knows C, he might be able to help."
"Who the fuck are you?"
"I'm his boyfriend," Justin gasped out.
"C doesn't have a boyfriend. He doesn't have anyone but me and Kelly. We are the only ones who have gave shit about him."
"I care about him."
"And where have you been? Besides getting famous. I know who you are now. You're that singer."
"I've been looking for him for over a year."
"Your lying," Casey said pushing Justin into the ground again and letting him go.
Justin stood up and straightened his clothes. Digging in his pocket he pulled out his phone.
"What, are you going to call the police?"
"No I'm going to show you this," Justin said holding up his phone to show Casey a picture.
Casey looked at the picture. His blue eyes went wide with shock.
"Please I want him back."
Slowly Casey sat in the booth. This is what he had been hoping for. For the past year he had been trying to find out more about his C. Justin sat down in the booth across from him. He placed the phone on the table.
"They found him in an alley. He was barely breathing. I had never seen someone so beat up. I was the nurse that took care of him that night. When he came to all he could remember was that people called him C. Other then that he knew nothing. So he became a John Doe. We tried figuring out where he came from but he had no Id and nothing came up in our system. When he got a little better he checked himself out. I looked high and low for him. It took me months. Finally I found him at this restraunt. It took me a few week to get him off the streets. He has shut down. Nothing I do seems to open him up. I make him meet me here every morning and make him eat. I know it's the only meal he eats."
"Where does he sleep?"
Casey shifted in his seat and broke his gaze from Justin's. "I don't know where he was living before. I use to try to follow him but I would always lose him. But he lives with me now."
Justin felt like something had stabbed him in his heart. But he didn't show it to Casey. He had to be grateful to Casey because he had saved Jc and gotten him off the streets and made sure he was safe and eating.
"Can I show you something," Justin said grabbing his phone and getting out of the booth.
"Hmm.. Sure," Casey said taking his wallet out.
"I got it," Justin said taking his wallet out and throwing some money down.
The two men left the restruant and made their way down the street. Casey knew this neighborhood. It was a rough one. Justin lead him into an apartment building.
"Where are we going dude?" Casey asked getting nervous.
Justin just gave him a look and took out his keys when they reached the top of the stairs. He unlocked the door and opened it wide for Casey to walk in.
"What is this dump?"
Justin looked around and placed his keys on the counter. "This was our apartment."
"What?"
"It was Christmas. He had just gotten off a double shift. He worked so hard for us. I was going to school and working just a bus boy job. I tried to convince him to let me get a second job, but he always told me no. We didn't have much, but that didn't matter. I had made a little ham and some fixings when he came home. He was so excited when he walked in the door. Told me he had signed me up for a singing audition. He said this was my chance of getting out of here."
"What happened with you two then? Why weren't you around when this happened to him?"
"I was over in Europe on tour. I know it sounds lame but I couldn't come home. I called everyone I knew to go check on him because I hadn't heard from him in days which wasn't right."
"When did you realize something was really wrong?"
"When I came home a couple weeks later and no one was here. Nobody had been able to get ahold of him, it was like he had fallen off the face of the earth. It scared the fuck out of me. The landlord was about to get rid of all of our stuff. I started looking for him. I refused to go back on tour."
"You still lived here then? Even after you made it big?"
Justin nodded and looked around the apartment. "Jc wanted to stay. Said it reminded him of how far we had come. He's always liked his smaller spaces."
The two men were quiet for a few seconds as they looked around.
"You're in love with him, aren't you?" Justin asked, now looking at Casey.
Casey looked down at his feet and shifted. "Yes."
Justin slowly nodded.
"Just walk away Justin. He doesn't remember you, he may never remember you. I can love him. I can take care of him."
"I will never walk away Casey. You know that right. Josh is the love of my life. I know him better than I know myself."
"You know the old C. I know him now. I'm better for him."
"You can think that all you want, but I'm not going anywhere. I'm here and I'm going to fight for him. He will remember."
Casey just shook his head.
"You should leave," Justin said looking at the door.
"I will fight for him just as hard Justin," Casey said heading for the door.
With a loud click the door was closed. Justin collapsed onto the couch. Finally after so searching for so long he had found him and he was not letting him go. Taking his phone out he made a call.
"Hello."
"I found him detective."
"What where?" Detective Fatone said with surprise.
Justin went into detail on the encounter with Jc and Casey.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story