Author's Chapter Notes:

Hope you Enjoy.

Justin walked out of the apartment building and noticed Jc wandering back and forth across the street. Even from a distance he could see that Jc looked so confused. Quickly looking both ways, he made his way across the street. Once there, Jc had started walking away, making his way toward the park.
"Josh." He called, but got no answer. "C," this time he yelled louder.
Jc stopped dead in his track and turned around. He recognized Justin from the restaurant.
"Leave me alone." Jc started walking away from him, a little faster this time.
"No wait," Justin said grabbing his arm lightly. "Please, just hear me out."
"Casey says not to listen to you, that your bad news."
"I'm not bad news, I promise Josh."
Jc looked at him with confusion. "Tell me how you know my name. Nobody knows that."
"Because I've known you for years. Long before your accident, before you forgot everything."
He shook his head. "I don't believe you."
"Here's proof," Justin said holding out his phone, showing the same picture he showed Casey.
Jc didn't want to look but he was surprised to see himself smiling next to this man. He didn't remember ever looking like he could feel as happy as he looked in the picture.
"And how about this one," Justin said going to another picture.
Jc gasped in surprise and looked from the picture to Justin and back again. He opened his mouth to say something but nothing was coming out. The picture was of him and Justin kissing.
"We were in love," Justin explained.
"I...please, I don't remember. Just forget about me. I'm nobody now. I'm nobody to you anymore."
Justin stopped him from walking away again. "I still love you Josh, I never stopped. You mean so much to me. I haven't stopped looking for you. Not for one minute."
Josh stared at Justin and then the picture. God, he wished he could remember. Everyday, he wandered the streets looking for anything that looked familiar. but every day was the same, because nothing was coming back to him. It was enough to drive him crazy, then put him in a deep depression.
"I'm not who I used to be. I'm sorry." He turned and started walking away, but Justin stopped him again.
"Do you love Casey?"
Jc brought his hands up to his head and shook it in frustration. "I don't know. He takes care of me. He was there when I woke up. He found me and took me in. But yet my head always hurts, I don't understand it. It hurts not knowing who you are or if you belong to someone or if you even have a family." Jc stopped talking as tears were now streaming down his cheeks.
"You do belong to someone, you have a family, a family that misses you," Justin said stepping closer. "Your parents and brother and sister...and me have been frantic for over a year."
"But I'm not who I used to be. What if I can't make them happy? What if I can't make you happy?"
"All I want is for you to try. Please. Just try."
"I don't know if I can."
Jc opened his mouth to speak when a voice was heard behind him.
"C."
He turned around and saw Casey walking up to them. Justin and Casey looked at each other with distaste.
"Casey."
"Come on let's go," Casey said pulling on his arm.
"Josh I want to show you something," Justin pleaded.
"I really should go with Casey," Jc said turning towards Casey.
"Wait Josh, please just take my number. You can call me whenever you want or if you need something."
But before he could hand it to him, Casey was pulling him away. Jc looked quickly back at Justin, but then followed Casey willingly.
"Damnit," Justin cursed. He ran a hand over his head and turned around, not sure he could handle watching Jc walk away from him with another man.
Casey quickly walked them back to his apartment. Unlocking the door he pushed Josh in.
"Casey, stop please."
"I want you to stay away from him C. I told you he's bad news."
"But Casey, he's from my past he could help me. I need to give him a chance, even if I'm afraid."
"He's just going to hurt you," Casey said placing his hand on his cheek. "You don't remember your past. What's the point of bringing it up?"
"But I want to know who I was," he said quietly, looking down at his feet.
"Just work on being who you are now."
"I don't want to feel sad anymore Casey. This hurts."
"I don't want you to feel sad anymore either, but I'm afraid if you go with him you're going to get more hurt."
"He seems like a nice guy."
"C, I love you."
Jc stumbled back a little and looked at Casey stunned. "What?"
"I want us to be together. I love you," Casey said stepping closer to Josh and placing his hands back on his cheeks.
"I'm not ready for that. I want to figure out who I am." Jc took another step back.
"Just forget about all that and just start over. Start over with me. I will take care of you."
Jc didn't know what to do. He wasn't sure he had any feelings for Casey. He thought that he was just his friend. A friend that had been helping him out. Not this.
"I thought you were my friend."
"I am your friend C. I just want to be more then your friend," Casey said moving closer.
"No, no, don't do this Casey," Jc said shaking his head.
"I can make you feel good. We can make new memories."
"Casey," Jc said feeling his chest get tight. "Stop. Please."
"All I want is to make you happy." Casey said putting his hand on Jc's cheek.
"I know you do and you have been such a great friend to me. But I just don't feel.."
Jc was cut off by Casey's lips locked onto his. Casey jammed his tongue into his mouth, then moved his hand to the back of Jc's neck pulling him closer and deepening the kiss. Jc did everything in his power to push Casey off of him. Finally with one big shove Casey fell to the couch. Jc looked around grabbed his coat and rushed out of the apartment.
The rain was cold on his face as he quickly walked away from Casey's apartment. He needed to go somewhere to think. Every since Justin came into his life, everything seemed to be more messed up. Casey wanted a relationship with him, where he just wasn't ready. Nowhere near ready. He didn't want to start something when he didn't even know who he was. What if Justin was right and they had known each before the attack? This was the first time anyone had come up to him and told him that they knew each other. He wanted to explore the possibles with Justin. After everything over the past year, he owed himself that much.
Before he even realized it, Jc found himself sitting at the bench he constantly found himself at. This bench felt so much like home to him. Casey thought he was crazy when he had told him that. But when he asked Casey where the attack had taken place, it was just down the street. So he knew that this had to be close to where he lived before.
Jc had tried asking around at the beginning, but no one seemed to want to help him. After awhile he gave up and just came to the bench to think or when Casey just became to much to deal with. Casey never really came looking for him which he was glad about.
And now, as he sat there, the rain turned into snow and Jc had never felt so close to being home.


You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story