Author's Chapter Notes:

Merry Christmas Everyone.

Warning there is explicit language in this chapter.

Again flashback are in Itlaic

Justin groaned when he heard the pounding on the door. He stretched his body out then crawled slowly out of bed. On the way to the door he stopped when he saw Jc laying on the couch. Then all the evenings events played out in his kind, making him smile. The pounding on the door brought him back to the present.He cursed.
Looking at Jc closely, he could tell that he was awake. His eyes were shut tightly and he was gripping the pillow and blanket. Justin knew who was pounding on the door and he knew that Jc knew as well. Taking a deep breath, he went over to the door.
"Where the fuck is he?" Casey spat walking in.
"I'm right here Casey," Jc said quietly, sitting up.
Casey walked over to him quickly. "Why the hell didn't you come back yesterday? I was fucking worried, C!"
"I..."
"So what, are you going to live with him now?"
Jc didn't say anything. He just looked down at the floor.
"You aren't the boss of him Casey so lay off. He can stay where ever he pleases," Justin replied as he walked into the kitchen.
"You know what Justin, fuck you."
"That's mature," Justin muttered, shaking his head. Casey chose to ignore him and looked back at Jc.
"I've been looking for you all night C."
"You never look for me before, why was this time different? Because I didn't kiss you back?"
"Well yes, you left at not the best time, but I always look for you. I was worried. Why didn't you kiss me back?"
"I don't love you Casey."
"God damnit, I took you in. We have spent the last year together. What do I have to do?"
Justin stood in the kitchen watching. He didn't like Casey yelling at Jc like this, not when Jc couldn't prevent it. Jc hadn't fallen in love Casey. Could he and Jc have a second chane?
"C. Just listen, please. We are great together. You can move forward with me instead of trying to dig up your past," Casey said pointing to Justin. "You don't know what you're going to find, it could be bad for all you know," he couldn't help that his eyes traveled over to Justin. "I want you to be taken care of and I know I can do that for you."
"I don't know Casey. I know you've done a lot for me and I can't thank you enough for that but I don't feel the same about you. I want to know about my past. You don't really know me. Because I don't even know me yet."
Casey raised his hands over his head in frustration and took a demanding step towards Jc. But before he could get another word in both Justin and him watched as Jc recoiled to the floor sobbing.
"Shit C. I'm not going to hit you, I'm sorry," Casey pleaded.
"Please, I didn't do anything. Please don't hurt me."
Casey felt his stomach drop. He realized that he just brought back memories of Jc's accident. Casey turned and looked at Justin with a sad expression. 

Jc walked down the street after working a double shift at his job. He was tired and hungry. he was almost home when he passed a group of men huddled together talking.

"Hey fag," one called out.

Jc tried ignoring them, but they started to follow him. He quickened his pace and his heart began beating heavily Against his chest. Don"t look back, he thought to himself. He just had to make it home and lock the door. Then he would be safe.

"Where are you going so fast homo?"

Jc felt them get closer. The hair on the back of his neck started to prickle. Before Jc could reach his street, one of the men grabbed him and pulled him into another ally.

"Please just leave me alone," Jc begged.

"You are so stupid,"once of the men yelled and throwing the first punch sending Jc falling to the wet ground.

With that, the beating started. Jc fought everything to stay away, to get away. Even as they pounded into his head. His pleas went unanswered. The fist were thrown harder when he started sobbing. The only light at the end of the dark tunnel was Justin. He was standing there with his arms out wide waiting for him.

"Justin," he whispered out loud, but no one heard him and the world around him went black.


Justin watched Jc go into a ball and start sobbing. His heart ached for him and he just wished that he could wrap his arms around him and tell him that everything was going to be alright. Looking over at Casey he knew this was going to cause him problems with getting Jc back. But like he told Casey, he was going to fight for Jc. He wasn't going to just let him walk in and take Jc away. Finally he couldn't take it.
"Josh," Justin whispered walking up slowly to him.
Jc didn't respond. He was still shut down in his mind. It was only when he felt Justin's fingers running through his hair when he looked up.
"I just wanted you. I wanted you to save me," Jc sobbed.
" You remember me?" Justin asked in shock.
Jc shook his head. "I don't know what I remember. I just know you were the one in my head when everything went black. I knew I wanted you."
"I'm so sorry I wasn't there for you, that I didn't come home in time."
Sitting down on the floor next to him Justin took Jc into his arms and held him tight.
"I was just trying to go home. That's all I was doing, just walking home from work."
"You didn't deserve it baby," Justin said kissing his head.
Casey didn't like this. He couldn't let Jc remember what he and Justin had. No, he was going to fight for Jc. He wasn't going to let him go that easily.
"C we are going home now," Casey snapped grabbing Jc's arm and pulling him to his feet.
Jc was too mentally tired to argue, so he walked with him towards the door. Justin was too stunned to move. Jc had remembered him. It wasn't until he heard the door click that he realized that they were gone.
"Shit," he muttered, quickly getting up and going to the window.
Casey was dragging him down the street. Jc was still tired and drained and Casey clearly wanted to get out of Justin's sight as fast as he could. Justin ran his fingers through his short curls. He knew Jc would find his way back to the apartment, his apartment where he belonged.

Chapter End Notes:

I promise the story gets better. This was a tough chapter.



You must login (register) to comment.

Story Tags: Be the first to add a tag to this story